13

War of the Beast Worlds

Yoseob’s P.O.V.

A week since it had passed. A week had passed since that incident at the park. A week had passed since I last saw Junhyung hyung. A week had passed since that incident in the classrooms. A week had passed since I began to develop some feelings for him. What should I do about it? I thought deeply and sighed heavily in front of the television. Kikwang was busy watching the television for the latest news while Hyunseung hyung was surfing the web. We found a new apartment near school with brightly lit paths and no foggy parks nearby.

 

Hyunseung hyung has been blaming himself constantly for not looking after us ever since he had abandoned Kikwang on the highway. So from now onwards, he’ll be following us wherever we go except during school. Speaking of which, I’ve been skipping lessons for a week already. How am I going to catch up with the amount of homework? Anyway, just heck it. I’m here to complete a mission, after which, I can get to go back home. Who cares about school anyway? Receiving lots of scolding and homework from the teachers, I really admire the mortals for having such a high level of tolerance. Each time, I enter the classroom, I feel like ripping out the teacher’s throat and hang them upside down from the flagpole for the whole world to see.

 

Back to reality, Kikwang heard my sigh and asked, “You miss him don’t you?” I nodded silently and continued to sigh, knowing that we were never meant for each other, we were like practically worlds apart from each other. “You know Hyunseung hyung also has a similar problem like yours, just that he doesn’t acknowledge it.” Kikwang continued. I opened my eyes widely in surprise and questioned, “There’s actually someone who likes Hyunseung hyung?” “No it’s the other way around. Hyunseung hyung likes someone, the one whom he always mentions during lunch break remember?” explained Kikwang. I nodded slowly trying to reminisce our first day in school. Kikwang then added on, “I also have someone I like. Remember person whom I gave the eye-smile to? Though on the outside he does not show his feelings but on the inside, is what matters most.”

 

Kikwang then copied me and sighed, “Three vampires sent on a mission ends up being love struck to mortals.” I laughed worriedly at his words and got up to fetch myself a glass of vodka from the fridge. “You want one as well?” I asked Kikwang. He gave me a nod and went back to scanning through the television channels. For the rest of the day, we were drowning our sorrows with alcohol until Hyunseung hyung interrupted us, “Yah! Drinking without me? I’m going to the supermarket, want anything?” “H-Hyung c-can g-get m-more v-vodka?” Kikwang hiccupped. Hyunseung hyung just gave him a cold shoulder and headed off. I, on the other hand, was pretty much drunk and collapsed on Kikwang’s lap and soon dosed off.