Different

Friends Or More

-Hyesun’s POV-

I went back to our seats when I was done getting my lunch and saw Nayoung flipping through my sketchbook. I always asked her for her opinions on my drawings and no doubt, she always gives me constructive comments to allow me to further improve on my skills. However, as the distance between Nayoung and I closed up, I realized that she was not looking at my project sketches.

SHE WAS STARING AT THE SKETCH OF DAEHYUN I DID DURING CLASS.

*How could I forgot about the sketch of him!*

I literally froze in my steps and looked at Nayoung, somehow confused and guiltily.

She lifted a brow at me and asked me in joking manner, “Care to explain?”

I guess I have no choice but to tell her everything now. A secret can’t be kept to yourself forever, can it?

I placed my tray of food on the table and told her everything from scratch. There were some circumstances when I had to hold back my tears, and there were also circumstances when I could not help but smile at the thought of him.

Who knew someone like him could make such a huge impact on me?

Those times when he was there to make me smile when I was down and those times when he annoyed the hell out of me, but I just could not bring myself to be angry with him. His presence made me forget my troubles for a while and that was enough.

After I spilled everything out to Nayoung, she asked me if I had any plans on confessing to him soon. The best response o could give her was a lifeless shrug.

“Maybe you can confess to him during the year-end class party!” My best friend suggested.

I thought deeply and considered.

*It isn’t a bad idea at all, maybe I could do that.*

It was then I realized that I made the atmosphere really tense and awkward as I was still a little uncomfortable talking about him to someone else, even though Nayoung was someone I could really trust.

I tried changing the topic, “Okay, let’s just stop discussing about him. So! How are the sketches?” I wasn’t really ‘changing’ the topic as that was our primary topic that we were supposed to discuss about.

“Oh! Those done in fibre pens were really well done! If only I could draw that well.” Nayoung commented and mumbled the last part.

I chuckled in return and pat her on her shoulders, “Everyone can draw well if they have the interest in drawing~” I tried convincing her that her drawings weren’t that bad, and I was honest about that.

-No One’s POV-

On the other hand, while Hyesun was immersed in a chatting session with Nayoung, Daehyun was swimming in a pool of thoughts.

He could not stop wondering why Changsub texted Hyesun instead of him.

*Am I not his best friend too? Why text someone whom he just knew this year?*

He kept poking at his plate of untouched food.

“Hey Daehyun, did that chicken offend you before it was cooked or something? If you don’t want that, give it to me.” Youngjae nudged him and said with his mouth full of rice.

“Eww hyung! Don’t talk with your mouth full!” yelled Jongup as he flicked away the grains of rice that stuck onto his arm. “ sitting in front of him, why am I so unlucky today.” He whispered to the maknae who was enjoying the goodness of the chicken.

“Ya! At least not let me hear you when you’re saying something bad about me!” Youngjae smacked the innocent boy on his head.

Daehyun was still drowning in his thoughts and did not even realize that his food was already half-eaten, thanks to his other members.

The bell was about to ring to signal the end of break and the six blondies took their plates to return them to the disposal area.

“Yo Dae, let’s go.” The leader shook him a little.

“Huh? Break’s ending already? I didn’t even eat anything yet!” Daehyun claimed and pointed at his plate. “Who ate my food?!” He grunted.

“Says the one who’s already full from all the intense thinking and daydreaming~” Youngjae sang.

Daehyun couldn’t find something to argue back so he simply scoffed.

The group made their way to class and Daehyun tossed his thoughts to the back of his head temporarily.

-Daehyun’s POV-

Lessons seemed really boring all of a sudden as all that occupied my mind was the text Hyesun received from Changsub.

Speaking of Changsub, why isn’t he in school today?

I decided to text Changsub to ask him.

DH: Hey! Why aren’t you in school today?

CS: I’m not feeling well. Fever, I think.

DH: Oh, rest well. :) Do you need me to inform the teacher or something?

CS: Thanks man. Nah, I told Hyesun to do it for me already.

*Oh, so that’s why he texted Hyesun.*

DH: Sure, gtg! Get well soon and remember to take your meds!

CS: Gee, thanks.

I put my phone back into my pocket.

When did the both of them become so close to each other? I turned my head towards the direction Hyesun was sitting at.

Our eyes met for a while and I saw her blush and duck her head.

*Why do I have a strong feeling that she likes me? Or does she like Changsub?*

An image of her and the drawing she was looking at in class appeared in my head.

I was confused.

*Was it me that she was drawing?*

I sighed at went back to focusing on the lesson.


-After school-

My hands were tucked in the pockets of my school pants and the members and I walked through the hallways. The screams of girls pierced through my ears and I was less annoyed than usual as something else occupied my mind.

We finally got rid of those girls and Youngjae who was beside me, gave me a slight shove.

“You okay? You’ve been out of yourself for the whole of today.” He asked concernedly.

“Have you realized anything between Changsub and Hyesun these days?” I asked without looking at him.

“Woah, why that sudden question?”

“Nothing, was just asking.”

“They’re seat partners, of course they’ll get closer to each other day after day.” Youngjae stated matter-of-factly. I simply nodded. “Dude, don’t tell me that THAT was in your mind all day. Please.”

“OF COURSE NOT!” I smacked him in his chest. “I was just asking out of curiosity.”

“Of course I believe you.” He said sarcastically.

“It’s true. Changsub would usually text me if he’ll be absent for school but he texted Hyesun this time instead!” I tried defending myself.

“Don’t tell me that you’re jealous of Hyesun.” He let out a laugh.

I just laughed along with him, and stopped thinking of them for a while.

-Hyesun’s POV-

“ Hi umma! I’m back from school!” I shouted from the front door and heard my mum’s faint reply from the kitchen.

I went to take a long shower and sat myself at the study table, preparing to start on the homework assigned for the day.

I emptied my schoolbag and took out my sketchbook. I flipped through it and finally reached the last page.

*Jung Daehyun.*

I chuckled at myself.

*Jung Daehyun, pabo.*

To be honest, if I wasn’t alone in the room, people would judge me all over. I think I looked like a girl who was overly obsessed with a guy. People would think that I was crazy, to actually smile at a drawing.

I tore out the last page with extra caution and slid into one of the drawers of my study table.

I wouldn’t want others to flip through my sketchbook and find out about my biggest secret, right?

I could already imagine the chaos in school. Everyone would be like, “OMG, Park Hyseun likes Daehyun-oppa?”

“How dare she like our oppa?”

“Who does she think she is? She has no rights to fall for someone perfect like Daehyun.”

I shook my head in order to get rid of all those thoughts. I felt the hairs of my back stand at the thought of the whole school knowing about the secret of me having a crush on the school’s kingka, Jung Daehyun.

Just imagine those fangirls shooting daggers at me.

I shivered at the thought.

*I’ll just like you from afar.*

It was my first time having a crush on someone, and being the lucky one I was, my crush was one of the kingkas in school, who was worshipped by the whole female population in school.

This girl knew that deep down inside, she was afraid. She was afraid of rejection. She knew someone like him would never ever return the feelings she had for him. She knew clearly that the feelings they had would never be mutual. Even though he and his ex-girlfriend had broken up, he still hasn’t got over her. It would not be too much to describe him as the skies and her as the ground. Yes, they were that far apart in difference with each other.

He loves sports, but she hates sports.

He had dozens of fans, she only relied on a few of her friends.

He was smart, she had to study her head off in order to maintain her results.

They were just two different people from two different worlds.

She knew it clearly, that it was impossible for the both of them to be together.

*I’ll confess when I think I’m ready to face rejection.*

She took a last look at the drawing and closed her drawer.

Just as she was about to start on her homework, her phone vibrated on her table.

New text messages (2)


 

Hello guys! It's been a really really really long time since I last updated and I'm finally back with a new chapter! ^^ My exams are finally over! I'm really sorry to have kept you guys waiting for so long but I also want to thank you guys for staying with me even though i was on a hiatus which was fairly long.

So if this chapter was boring as I stopped writing for a period of time and had a writer's block. :(

 

So i went for prom(graduation night) a few days back and WOW

 

I am not a fan of events like this and of course shopping hahaha. My friends and I went prom shopping together and i couldn't stop complaining to her about how buying food and snacks would be so much better. I just don't like how i always can't seem to find clothes that suit me.

But oh well, I had a lot of fun preparing for the event. My friend came over to my house and we tried putting on make-up. We were both unfamiliar with make-up and we felt like 2 idiots playing around with everything. We couldn't stop laughing when we were putting on eye-liner as we could not stop blinking HAHAHAHAH

So we headed over to the hotel that the event was held at and i totally felt like a potato and I wanted to stay at a corner or jump into a hole or something.

Everyone was like:

 

 

And i was like:

 

 

HAHAHAHAH sometimes gifs just do justice to what you want to say and feel. :p

And guys, we all have that one friend who looks fab and gorg in everything they wear and do, so i had this classmate who looked stunning. HAHAHA She looked really pretty.

SO THE GUY I HAD A CRUSH WAS ALSO THERE

 

He looked so good in a tux and he was sitting at a table not far from mine, but of course, he had his back facing me. LOL He was sitting with who you guys maybe know as "Hana" in the story.

I was like: Let me just stare at you guys again and again.

But i just the best i could do was to just stare at him from afar? I didn't even dare to go close to him.

The event ended and the students were allowed to dance with their friends and all HAHAHAHA 

 

Almost everyone was busy taking pictures, ain't nobody got time to dance lmao

Prom then ended and I was like:

Okay, so i just wanted to share my feelings about prom. It didn't turn out the way I thought it would be but i still had fun.

Oh and happy 24th birthday to Dongwoo and Eunkwang~

Also, I hope you guys will enjoy MAMA2013~ Let's be courteous fans and not start fanwars no matter who wins/doesn't get the awards. It's already an acheivement to be nominated, don't you guys think?

Once again, I just can't thank you guys enough for reading, commenting and subscribing!