I might fall for you

Friends Or More

 

-Hyesun’s POV-

If you guys thought that things became awkward between Daehyun and me, think again. I was as surprised – He could act as if nothing had happened; he acted as if the kiss meant nothing. Then again, who would fall for someone like me, right?

The weekends were finally over and it was a brand new week. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and gave a hearty sigh. Is this person I see in the mirror really me? I looked… different.

Flashback

The both of us waited at the bus stop for our buses to arrive after cleaning up the classroom.

“Hyesun-ah, remember that I said you look better with your hair down right?” He asked, poking my arm at the same time.

*What’s up with him? He’s been asking me this question since the day started.*

I nodded hesitantly, wondering what was up his sleeves.

“I meant it.” He said, almost a whisper.

“Eh?! What are you saying?” I glared at him with my mouth agape.

*What was he thinking? Was it another prank?*

“Come to school with your hair down in future, you look prettier.” He winked.

“Hmm… I’ll consider.” I replied and turned my head to the face the front, in case of any awkward eye contacts.

“And don’t wear your glasses anymore.” He took off my glasses and the weight at the bridge of my nose was gone. I stared cross-eyed at the place my glasses was last at.

“Can you see without your glasses?”

I shrugged. “I guess I can.”

“Great, so you won’t go to school with your glasses as well. Only wear it when you can’t see clearly. Arrasso?” Daehyun ruffled my hair. I did not bother to straighten them as I was returning home soon.

“U-uh, Wh-Wha-“ I did not have the chance to reply him and he interrupted.

“Just do as I say, trust me.” He grinned.

Without me knowing, I trusted him, and I told myself that I will not wear my glasses and tie up my hair the first day of the next week.

End of flashback

I double-checked myself in the mirror for a last time and proceeded to school alone again.

As I entered by the main gate, the student body gave me weird stares and the attention was intolerable for me. I bowed my head low and glided through the hallways to get my books from the lockers.

“Who’s that?” I heard some curious comments.

“Isn’t she Hyesun?” Another said.

“Who’s Hyesun anyway?” I can’t help but to roll my eyes at this.

I didn’t mind them not knowing who I was because who would have noticed the ordinary girl sitting the back of the classroom who buried her head into her books almost every single day.

On my way to the classroom, I saw Nayoung approaching me. I was about to wave when she walked past me.

*W-W-What?*

I slowing descended my hand back to my side and continued staring at the latter whom was searching around frantically. Was she searching for me?

I ran towards her and jumped on her back, “Boo!”

Her reaction disappointed me as she stood there, unflustered. However, she got a shock when she turn around and saw me.

“OH MY GOD! ARE YOU HYESUN? PARK HYESUN?” She examined me from head to toe as she spun me left and right.

“Yeap?” I replied hesitantly.

“WOWWWWW!” She shrieked right into my ears and I flinched in return. “So you’ve decided to become a ‘girl’?”

I glared at her side-eyed.

“Just kidding, it’s just that, you look so pretty!” She flashed me two thumbs up.

*Fancy a popular girl calling me pretty.*

Even though I felt uncomfortable under all the stares, I successfully gotten my books from the locker and rushed to the classroom. Thinking that the stares and comments would stop, I stepped into the classroom without bowing my head low as it was just not long ago. However, I was wrong.

It was like their eyes were glued onto me. No matter where I went, their eyes will always follow my actions. Was I that weird-looking?

“I’m not going to come to school like this ever again.” I muttered under my breath, loud enough for Nayoung to hear. She just chuckled and shook her head.

“You look fine, really. Just ignore them.”

I slipped into my seat and prepared for the first lesson of the week.

“Woah, Hyesun-ah! You look different!” Changsub leaned towards me to take a better look.

“Jinjja?”

“Ne! You look prettier! I bet you’re making other girls jealous of you right now. You should stay this way. You look more attractive than the old you!”

“Keurae? Gomawo~” I smiled.

-Changsub’s POV-

I came early to school today. There was this new girl that caused the great chaos when I entered school that morning. I wonder who this girl is. I couldn’t get a clear view of her after some tedious trying so I gave up in the end. Anyway, I would still be able to see her on other days right?

I sat in class when the ‘new girl’ came in. Murmurs started to fill the room again and I got a shock of my life when I got a glance at her face.

It was Hyesun!

I have got to say that she looked so different. I guess her glasses and hair tie did not do her good looks justice in the past. Who cares anyway, she looks so attractive.

Why the sudden change though?

Her number… Her number…

-Hyesun’s POV-

As usual, BAP came in minutes after the bell rang. I pretended to listen to what the teacher was teaching as I wanted to avoid eye contact with Daehyun.

*He’s going to tease me again. Why did I listen to him?*

They made their ‘grand’ entrance and the girls started squealing again. The teacher was used to it so he continued with the lesson, not minding the six blond heads.

When BAP was finally out of her side, she heaved a sigh of relief and carried on taking down notes.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Daehyun’s POV-

I walked into the classroom, buried with the screams of my fangirls. I looked to the back of the classroom and saw Hyesun engrossed in the lesson.

*She really did as I told her to.*

I remembered how I merely made that comment about her being hotter with her hair down. I didn’t expect her to really listen to it. She really looked hotter, she could just fit into Secret anytime now.

I realized that she didn’t look at BAP at all. Everyone’s eyes were on us but just not hers. Was she trying to avoiding eye contact? I smirked to myself.

*She’s really awkward, isn’t she?*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The lessons finally ended and the teacher gave me some instructions.

“Daehyun-ah, please help me distribute these worksheets to your classmates.”

“Ne!”

“Gomawo~” She said, almost flirting. I shuddered upon hearing her voice and tried to excuse myself to ‘escape’ from her.

I went to each classmate’s table to hand the worksheets and finally reached the last table at the last corner.

I knocked at the edge of her table and slipped the worksheets on her table.

“Oh! Gomawo~” She said oh-so-politely. I think she’s the only one that thanked me.

I hummed in response. She looked so busy summing up the points she took down not long ago. I couldn’t help but admire how graceful and serious she looked.

I smirked.

“Ya, I told you that you could trust me, didn’t I? You look hotter like this.” I thought she blushed for a moment.

“Yeap, but I’m still not that used to it.” She smiled briefly.

“I think you’ll be able to become a queenka soon.”

“Nah… I hate attention.” She said disgusted.

“Haha but I think you’ve already grabbed so much attention, don’t you notice everyone looking at you? Popular girl now eh?”

“I bet they’ll stop sooner or later.” She chuckled and shook her head.

*This girl really needs to have more confidence in herself.*

“Be right back. Nayoung left for her break already. We’ll go to lunch together.” I cleared my throat. I had to put the extra worksheets on the teachers table before I forgot.

She just nodded her head.

-Changsub's POV-

Hyesun hummed a tune and slammed her notebook close after writing her last sentence.

“Hyesun-ah.” That was awkward.

“Ye?” She tilted her head to one side.

“You see… Erm… Can I have your number? I mean like there’s homework that I’m not sure of and yeah, you know-“

“Yeap, sure. I guess I can let you have it!”

*Finally!*

I frantically passed her my math worksheet and she wrote her number at the bottom of it.

I grinned in satisfaction.

I dashed out of the classroom immediately after packing my stuff.

-No One’s POV-

Daehyun skipped to Hyesun’s seat and asked her if she was done with her notes.

“Yeap, let’s go.” Her cheery voice was like music to one’s ears.

The duo walked alongside each other along to hallways and none of them said a word. The silence was comfortable.

Hyesun fished out her phone and scrolled through the latest fantaken pictures of NU’EST at a fansign. She squealed as she saw a cute picture of JR staring right into the camera. Daehyun could only sigh and shake his head.

*Fangirling again.* He rolled his eyes.

Out of a sudden, Hyesun halted in her steps and shoved her phone right in front of Daehyun’s sight.

“Isn’t he handsome?” She questioned with slight excitement.

“Pssh, nothing compared to me.”

“Ya!” She slapped his arm. “Who cares about your opinion anyway, he’s handsome and it is final.” She stuck out her tongue at him.

She directed her focus back on her screen and had a wide grin attached onto her face.

“Ya pabo.” Daehyun nudged her.

‘Mwoh?” She scoffed, jokingly.

“Stop smiling like that.” The male stated seriously.

“What are you talking about?”

“Just stop.”

“Waeyo? Are you having a fever or something?” The lady touched his forehead.

Daehyun grabbed her wrist and she froze.

“I might just fall for you without us knowing.” And he released her hand.

He glided through the crowd in the cafeteria, leaving the poor girl awestruck, thinking that it may be just another prank.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers! It's been long, isn't it! I'm back with a long chapter!

 

Oh yay! Changsub finally managed to get Hyesun's number! :) And Daehyun - WOW! :p

Hahaha, this chapter may be longer than the others but it was kinda unsatisfactory to me and I don't know why. :p Sorry if you guys waited too long! I'm currently busy with revision for my Mid-Year Examinations, which is about in a week's time, even though I keep lazing around. :p In addition, the examinations will last for two-three weeks, so I apologise in advance if I won't be able to update within that period of time. :(

Anyways, if you love EXO, please check out a story written by my best friend:

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/396806/stairway-to-heaven-romance-you-exo-exok-exom

Do show her your support! We worked on 'At least a second' together! :D

Lastly, thank you to all my faithful readers and subscribers! Till the next update! ^^