Confession

Friends Or More

-Hyesun’s POV-

We walked to class with each other’s presence and I was totally enjoying his presence.

*When will I ever get a chance to walk to class with Daehyun again?*

We reached class sooner than I expected and I could not help but part with him, even though our seats were just two tables apart. Maybe one table apart for today as Changsub wasn’t here that day.

Lessons proceeded as usual and surprisingly, I could still focus in class despite all the running that morning. I peeked to my right and saw Daehyun dozing off as the teacher was speaking.

*Pssh, it’s only the first lesson and you’re sleepy already.*

I chuckled to myself and took out my sketchbook from my bag. I ransacked my stationery case and took out my favourite pencil. I started sketching as I took frequent looks at the person I was drawing.

I slowly got engrossed in drawing that the teacher’s words did not matter anymore.

*You’re so gonna regret for not listening in class, Park Hyesun.*

I continued filling in the details with occasional erasing and smudging of the pencil marks. I realized that he had lashes that were considered long for a guy. He scrunched his nose as though someone was disturbing him in his sleep and he had full lips that had a natural shade of cherry-pink.

He suddenly jerked in his sleep and he turned to his left. Everything was so sudden that I had a shock of my life when his eyes caught mine. I quickly shifted my gaze towards my drawing and erased additional and unnecessary marks on the drawing as I did some final touches.

*Done!*

I gave a grin of satisfaction and held the drawing at eye-level to get a better look at it.

*I should totally frame this up and hang this up on my wall.*

I stifled a giggle and closed my sketchbook before placing it into my bag, making sure not to crumple any part of the page. I felt proud of the drawing.

*Maybe I can give it to him if I manage to confess to him one day.* I shrugged.

Little did I know that every single one of my movements was observed by Daehyun the whole time.

I turned my head towards him, only to see him raising a brow at me.

*, busted.*

How long has he been staring? Did he see the drawing? I hope not. OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG! Please tell me he didn’t.

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket and took it out.

‘One text message from Jung Daehyun.’

DH: What are you doing? Not listening in class eh?

I took another glance at him, only to see him listening ‘attentively’ in class.

*What an actor.*

Me: Says the one who was sleeping even though it is only the first lesson. :p

DH: Whatever. What were you drawing?

*He saw?*

Me: Nothing. :p

DH: Looks like a guy.

DH: A handsome one.

DH: With nice eyes.

*OMG*

Me: Of course he’s handsome! I was just drawing a kpop group member. :)

DH: Oh, I thought you were drawing me.^^

I glared at him with the corner of my eye and saw him doing the ‘V’ pose at his chin. I pretended to puke at his action.

Me: Stop being gross. :(

DH: I know you like it. :p

Me: Only your stupid fangirls will LOVE it. Shut up and focus.

I locked my phone and resumed listening to the teacher teaching.

I felt my phone vibrated countless times and tried ignoring them. Only when it never stopped, I took my phone out again and saw a ‘work’ of an idiot.

DH: Heyyyyyy

DH: Don’t ignore me, you pabo.

DH: Heyyyyyyyyyyyy

DH: I’ll spam you with texts until you respond.

DH: askhfalvb

DH: waddupppp

DH: u9efvwhv

DH: Woah, a bird just flew by.

DH: Did you see it?

Me: Can you please stop and listen in class for once? Ughhh

DH: FINEEE. BYE~

*Finally.*

-Daehyun’s POV-

I was sleeping when I jerked in my sleep and I looked around, hoping that no one saw that embarrassing moment of mine.

I looked to my left and saw Hyesun holding up a drawing.

*Who’s that.*

I tried taking a closer look by leaning forward and the most I could see was that the she drew a guy- with nice eyes, a handsome one. Was it her crush?

*But she can draw really well.*

However, I couldn’t help but feel that the person in the drawing looked like me.

So I texted her and tried bothering her.

I could see her eyes widen when I texted her. She’s acting weird.

I was really curious about who she was drawing. I tried getting answers from her and she told me that it was just some random kpop guy.

*Pssh, I look better than them in any way.*

Me: Oh, I thought you were drawing me. :p

She looked at me and I wanted to show her my best pose. However, I did a ‘V’ at my chin.

*This is totally your best pose, Jung Daehyun.* I rolled my eyes.

She fake-puked and I laughed.

Even so, I had a strong feeling that the person she was drawing was me.

*Am I her crush?*

-Hyesun’s POV-

Lessons were over in a blink of an eye and it was finally break! Finally some best-friend time with the almighty Nayoung! I skipped towards the usual table we sat at and saw that she was already there before me.

“Hi Nayoung!” I greeted cheerily, ruffling her hair from the back.

“Ya!” She hissed as she waved at me.

*How cute.*

“Are you done with those sketches?” Nayoung asked me.

“What sketches?” I tilted my head to the side.

“Hello Ms. Forgerful, the sketches you told me that you were going to submit for your assignment? The ones that you wanted me to take a look at, remember?” She stressed on the last word, obviously trying to ‘provoke’ me.

“Oh yes! The sketchbook’s in my bag! Get it yourself! I’m starving and I need food. Bye!” I said and hopped off to get my food.

-Nayoung’s POV-

That silly girl, she’s always so forgetful and of course, HUNGRY.

I zipped open her bag and took out her sketchbook. I flipped through the first few sketches and was utterly impressed by her drawings.

*She never fails to improve in her drawings.* A smile crept up my face.

I flipped through the other pages and could only be in awe by the colour choice and techniques she infused in her work and finally reached the last few pages of the artist’s sketchbook.

Just then, I saw a drawing that wasn’t a part of her given assignment.

*Isn’t this Daehyun?*

I stared carefully at the drawing, trying to double-check if my eyes were not playing games with me.

*That’s Daehyun, isn’t it?*

Why did she draw Daehyun? Don’t tell me she…

“Hey Nayoung, I’m back! You can go get your food n-“ She froze when she saw me looking at her with the drawing of Daehyun in my hands.

“Care to explain?”

I guess it time for her to confess to me about everything.

“Tell me everything, from the start. NOW.” I slowly got a little bit too excited as my best friend finally has a crush.

She put her tray of food down and she told me everything – from the first day of school, to camp and up till now.

I’ve just got to say that she’s really brave to have Daehyun, who is loved by almost everyone, as her crush. She’s gonna get hurt. But, we never know. They might get together someday. At least I hope they will.

“Planning to confess to him?” I asked her as she started poking at her food.

“I don’t know. Maybe.”

“You’ll never know until you try.” I encouraged her. That was the best I, as her best friend could do.

“Maybe I would. It’s my first time and I’m really unsure of what to do.”

“Why not confess during the year-end class party? He’ll definitely be there! And you still have months to decide whether to confess or not.” I suggested.

“Sure, I’ll just let nature take its course.” She smiled.

“Great, but just make sure, not matter what you do, don’t get hurt. I’ll support you in whatever your decision is and I’ll help you in any way I can.”

“Gomawo, Nayoung-ah.” And she gave me a big hug, showing that she is trusting me with her secret and also telling me that she’ll no longer have to keep her feelings to herself as she has me by her side.


HAHAHAHAHA did you get tricked by the title? She 'confessed' to Nayoung. :p

As I said in the previous chapter...

YAY TO DOUBLE UPDATE! ^^

 

However, there's a reason why I did a double update. :( Firstly, it's to make up for not updating for quite a while and secondly, I might have to go for a short hiatus, for like a month? This is because my actual exams are in a month's time and I want to do well for it. I'm so sorry. 

 

BUT! On the bright note, I might be able to update within this week as I have a week of holidays, but I'll have to return to school for a few days. I'll try, but don't blame me if I can't find the time to update. :(

Lastly, to you who's reading this,

Thank you, with heaps and heaps of love. ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

P.S. I didn't have time to check through for mistakes, so I apologise of there are any. :p