Mixed feelings

Friends Or More

-No One’s POV-

“Alright class! As you guys already know, the first semester is ending and we need you to finish a project!” Mr. Kim announced.

The class groaned in dissatisfaction.

“Stop whining, you kids. They project is graded, so I hope you guys will do it whole-heartedly as much as I don’t want to fail you!”

Unhappy whispers continued getting louder.

*Why make a big fuss out of it? It’s just a project. These people need to chill man.* Hyesun cursed mentally.

*Pssh, project again. Can I just fail this?* Daehyun complained.

“You’ll have to work in pairs!” Despite the class being rowdy, Mr. Kim managed to get them to listen to him.

The class got excited at this.

“I hope I get to be with Daehyun!” One squealed.

“Who cares about being with Daehyun? I’ll be happy if I get to be with anyone of them!” One scoffed.

“I just want someone who I can work with, and someone who I can get a good score with.” Hyesun mumbled.

“However,” Mr. Kim interrupted. “Your partners are already chosen for you!”

“What!?” Gasps of disagreement were heard once again.

“I’ll will put the name list on the notice board, find out who your partners are and I expect the work to be submitted by the end of this month!” Mr. Kim walked out of the room after giving his instructions.

-Hyesun’s POV-

To be honest, I hate group projects as I will always be the one doing all the work. Maybe it was because I hate failing, or maybe because my partners are always too lazy to do anything.

Almost the whole class ran up to the notice board but I just remained at my seat as I decided to take a look only during break.

*Curious and desperate bunch of people.* I scoffed.

“Alright class, go back to your seats! We have a lesson to continue with!” Our Math teacher came in yelled as she cleared .

I already had my math materials ready so I just waited for further instructions.

“Who does she think she is?”

“What? She’s with her?”

“Oh my god, he’s unlucky.”

I overheard a few girls whispering to one another.

*Must be because they didn’t get to be with their oppas.*

I looked around the class and Daehyun caught my eye. He threw me a wink and I just turned back to the front.

*What’s wrong with that jerk?* I sighed and shook my head.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Break finally came and I waited for everyone to leave the classroom before checking the noticeboard as I had to lock the doors.

“Park Hyesun… Park Hyseun…” I mumbled my name as I searched through the list of names.

“There!” I pointed as I found my name. I dragged my finger across the list to my partner’s name.

“Jung Daehyun?!” I gasped in disbelief.

“Seems like you’ll be working with me.” I felt someone whispered into my ear. I pushed that person away from me, not knowing who it was.

“Ya! You scared me!” I shrieked.

“Glad I did!” He responded with a chuckle. “Just wanted to tell you – I want to score well for this project, so you better cooperate with me!” He poked my forehead and I toppled backwards a little.

“Ya! You should be the one cooperating with me!” I refuted. Who does he think he is?

“Come to my house this Saturday, we’ll work on the project and finish it as soon as possible.”

*Wow, how bossy can this guy be.*

“Arrasso~” I went to lock the back door first, so as allow Daehyun to leave the classroom. I went to lock the front door soon after and realized that he was still standing outside the classroom.

“Why are you still here?” I asked him with my head tilted to the side.

“Give me your number.” He fished out his phone from his back pocket and placed it on my palm.

“Eh?!” I exclaimed.

“We need to contact each other so that we can work on the project right?”

“A-Ah! Yes!” I nodded understandingly and punched my number into his phone.

*Was I expecting something else?*

As if he could read my mind, he came closer to me. “Were you expecting another reason?”

I stared at him wide-eye.

*This guy is unbelievable.*

“You were, right?” He teased. “Don’t worry, you’re not my type.” He joked, or was he for real?

Ouch, that hurt. ‘You’re not my type.’ That pierced through my heart.

“Don’t worry, you’re not my type either.” I scoffed back at him.

“Ah, great that I’m not! I wouldn’t want you to suffer from heartbreaks.”

*I’ve already went to them several times already.*

“Okay, we’ll see each other on Saturday. Bye Jerk.” I tried ending the conversation by bidding him goodbye as I would not want to imagine what the conversation will lead to.

*His words hurt more than I expected.*

-Daehyun’s POV-

I was paired up with Hyesun to finish our project. I felt a sense of happiness that she was partner. I mean, everyone would prefer her than those fangirls, right?

I wanted to ask her for her number so that I could contact her if I face difficulties with the project. I was nervous. However, I knew that Hyesun was not the type to initiate, so asked her for her number. She had a flustered look which was really cute to me, to be honest.

“Were you expecting another reason?” I . I have always liked seeing her reactions. I liked how she never bothers to hide her reactions towards a certain thing.

I can’t wait for Saturday! I want to know her better.

I smiled to myself as she quickly changed to subject and sped off.

As I strolled towards the cafeteria to meet BAP, I realized that Soojung noona did not matter to me anymore. It was like, she is already replaced by someone, but who is it?

*Hyesun?*

I shook my head vigorously, which earned me some weird stares.

“Aniya, I don’t like her right? She isn’t my type, is it? Furthermore, she seems uninterested in me.” I whispered inwardly.

*Yup, I don’t like her.*

-No One’s POV-

Who knows what these two fools were thinking? They were obviously interested in each other.

One hides her feelings while the other denies his feelings.

One thinks that she is not good enough, while the other thinks that she is not for him.

One has a mindset that he has not forgotten his ex-love, while the other has already let his ex-love go.

Saturday – The day the both of them will meet out of school, what will happen?

What happens if another party steps in before they realize the feelings they have for each other?

Will their mixed feelings bring them closer or pull them apart?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hello! I'm back with a new chapter! ^^ 

I was having a minor writer's block so I'm really sorry if this didn't turn out as expected. (╥﹏╥)

Things are going to get complicated in the story! So keep reading if you want to find out what will happen! ^^

 

Thanks for reading, subscribing and commenting!!! ^^