If only

Friends Or More

-Changsub’s POV-

It’s been months since school reopen; months since I fell for Hyesun. Hyesun and I have gotten closer as seat partners. Even though getting her number was a really great step for me, I still wanted to know her more. She does not know that I like her, yet.

I have to let her know about my feelings before someone steals her away from me.

I grabbed my phone from my study table and searched through my contacts. My fingers stopped automatically at ‘Hyesun :)”. It seems as though I was too familiar with where her name was in my contacts list. I drew imaginary circles around her name with my thumb.

*Should I send the message?*

I shook my head. I thought that maybe I should just tell her straight in the face. I was in a serious dilemma – should I or should I not?

“Ugh! Lee Changsub! You pabo! What is wrong with you!?” I groaned in frustration.

Who understands what I’m feeling now – The confusion to send the text or not; the fear of rejection; the fear of being awkward.

“Aish!” I cursed as I threw my phone onto my bed.

-Hyesun’s POV-

“Woah~” I gasp in amazement as I laughed along to the variety show I was watching on my laptop. I couldn’t help but burst into laughter whenever the host made a witty comment.

I was engrossed in watching the show when I received a message on my phone.

‘One text message: Jung Daehyun’

I rolled my eyes and opened the text message. He just had to spoil my mood while I was watching my shows. However, I was secretly hoping that he would text me sooner or later.

DH: Don’t forget to do some research before coming to my house for the project this Saturday.

“It’s still one day till Saturday. Why is he bugging me about it already?” I whined.

Me: Arasso, don’t be a nag. >:(

DH: Just reminding you, I don’t want to fail this.

Me: Do you think I want to fail this huh? Bye, don’t disturb me from my shows.

DH: Yeah yeah yeah, whatever you say. Bye.

*Sigh* He texted me with regards to the project, nothing else.

I scoffed. Was I expecting something else? No right?

I clicked on the play button on my laptop and continued to immerse myself with laughter.

Not long after, my phone rang again.

*What does this guy want from me again?*

I looked at my phone and it wasn’t Daehyun – it was Changsub.

*Why would he text me?*

CS: Hyesun, you there? :)

Me: Yeah… What’s up? :)

CS: This might me really sudden and awkward for you but I’m still gonna say it…

Me: Go on. :)

CS: I like you.

I stared at my phone with my mouth wide agape. WHAT JUST HAPPENED? Someone confessed to me? Was it a joke? Being the insecure me, I could not believe what I just saw. It was the first time someone confessed to me. I did not feel like watching my shows anymore; I was more concerned about what I just saw on my phone. I thought over it.

*Changsub’s good friends with Daehyun right? Did Daehyun tell him to play a trick on me? *

I could not believe it. What was I supposed to reply? Should I just pretend that I did not see the text?

I fiddled with my fingers, not knowing how I should respond. Before I could, another text came.

CS: I like you.

Me: Huh?

*Ya Park Hyesun, is that the best you can do?*

CS: I really like you.

Me: Are you serious? This isn’t a prank or something right?

CS: Really, Park Hyesun, I like you.

Me: Wow, you lie well. :)

My heart was beating like crazy. It took twenty minutes for the next text to come.

CS: Hyesun-ah, forget it. Forget what just happened. I was just kidding. :)

I heaved a sigh of relief. I knew it, it was a joke. My heartbeat slowly paced itself back to normal again.

-Changsub’s POV-

I mustered up all my courage and sent out the text.

Me: Hyesun, you there? :)

HS: Yeah… What’s up? :)

Me: This might me really sudden and awkward for you but I’m still gonna say it…

HS: Go on. :)

*Alright, here goes nothing.*

Me: I like you.

I awaited her reply but to no avail. Was the confession too sudden? I regretted my actions right after. Why did I send out the text? I knocked myself on the head several times. However, that did not stop me. I had to get an answer by today. I really wanted to know. I decided to give it another try.

Me: I like you.

HS: Huh?

Her reply shocked me a little.

Me: I really like you.

Yes, I really do and I hope you will accept my feelings.

HS: Are you serious? This isn’t a prank or something right?

She thought this was a prank? It was from the bottom of my heart though.

Me: Really, Park Hyesun, I like you.

I tried getting my point across.

HS: Wow, you lie well. :)

Now she thinks I’m lying to her. Why? I mustered up all of my courage just to get my feelings across and now this girl thinks I’m playing a prank on her. It was my first time confessing to someone too. I thought it would be easy. To make my point clear, I seriously thought that she would have accepted my confession.

Memories from the times we had in class flashed through my mind. The unforgettable scenarios unveiled themselves one by one in front of me and I could not help but feel a pang of pain in my heart.

The way she helped me whenever I needed help in my studies; the way she laughes when a teacher shares something funny; the way she smiles and giggle when she talks to her friends; the way she twirls her hair around her finger when she gets bored during lessons; the rhythm she knocks on her table when she was done with her work earlier than the others.

Yes, without her knowing, I stole glances at her any time I could. I did not want to, but my eyes just turn to her unknowingly. She catches my attention every time.

I looked at the conversation for another time. Since she thinks I’m playing around, so be it. Just take it that I’m playing a prank on her then. I forced a smile.

Me: Hyesun-ah, forget it. Forget what just happened. I was just kidding. :)

I took a deep breath. *I really like you Hyesun-ah. Why can’t you just believe me?*

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-No One’s POV-

It was Friday – the day every stupid waited for.

Things turned out a little awkward for Changsub and Hyesun. Okay, maybe for Changsub.

Hyesun walked into class and greeted Changsub cheerfully as though yesterday didn’t happen.

“Good morning Changsub!” She greeted as she sank into her seat with her large stack of textbooks.

“Erm… H-Hi.” He simply replied and scratched his neck.

*So she really thinks yesterday was a joke.* Changsub thought.

“It’s better this way, I guess. At least things are not awkward between us.” He let out a loud sigh.

“Is anything wrong?” The female asked out of concern.

“Huh? Oh! N-no.” He chuckled awkwardly. Awkward Changsub was awkward.

*You! You! You! You’re the problem!*

No one expected Changsub’s to be Hyesun, including herself. She even thought it was a prank. What now? Was it an end for Changsub’s feelings? That was the question – to continue trying or give up.

If only she acknowledged his feelings.

If only she didn’t think of it as a prank or joke.

If only he knew that Hyesun already had someone in her heart.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm back again with a new chapter!

Changsub got rejected indirectly by Hyesun. :( Daehyun will be back in the next chapter! ^^

Sorry that I didn't update for two weeks. I had camp, which was a bore. :p Trust me, it was. It wasn't the typical type of camp where you get to have fun and all. It was a camp where you had to keep doing work. :( 

So... Forgive me?

 

I'm forgiven right? :)))

Secondly, I also apologise for the confusion I caused on the previous chapter. Seems like many of you were confused. I'm so so so so so sorry. :( I promise I'll do better.

Thirdly, you guys may know that I'm someone with many fandoms. Haha, so...

CONGRATULATIONS TO EXO FOR THEIR FIRST AND SECOND WIN!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL Pardon my excitement. :P

Lastly, I'm still patiently waiting for the ticket details for BAP LOESG. I really want to meet our boys. (╥﹏╥) But hey, there's still time... right?? 

Cause it was supossed to be last week but it got postponed due to some reasons. I was actually really happy that it was going to be held during the holidays but it got postponed to a date which makes me sooooo ughhh. What's worse? I'm having my major(national) exams this year. *sobs* But oh well, imma study hard!!!! ^^

Anyways, thanks for reading, commenting or subscribing! I can't express my graditude through words towards everyone of you, so I'll work harder for the future chapters. ♥♥♥

I don't and won't ask for much because the reason I'm writing here is to share this story with you guys out there! :)