Sparks

Friends Or More

-No One’s POV-

Being the ‘nerd’ Hyesun was, she went to school bright and early in the morning the next day, hoping to bump into that specific someone. Of course, she wasn’t having any high expectations or anything. Okay, maybe she was but nah, not anticipating at all.

*Yeah, says the one that’s secretly hoping.* She scoffed. *Erm… I just want to thank him for yesterday, that simple.*

*Of course things are not that simple! You just want to catch a glimpse of him, right? Okay, okay, I admit. I’m obviously waiting for him and maybe I’ll just say hi and maybe… walk to class together?*

Who in the world would spend fifteen minutes at her locker just to take out three books? A silly girl who is waiting for a guy named Jung Daehyun, that is.

“And that girl is you, pabo-ya.” She mumbled to herself.

She took out her books and glanced around the hallways. *Nope, he’s not here yet.* She sighed and placed her books back into the locker, making sure to arrange them according to how they were before she took them out. She repeated her actions for a solid fifteen minutes, before leaning against her locker as she was too tired of doing the same things over and over again. She was just about to turn back to repeat her movements once more when she saw a familiar figure walking towards her direction.

*Finally.* She fanned herself at her cheeks which were slowing heating up. *Calm down.*

“Good morning~” Daehyun sang as he skipped towards his locker and ‘surprisingly’, Hyesun was there. Come on, we all know, right? They were obviously waiting for each other.

“Good morning.” Hyesun returned the greeting that barely came out as a whisper.

Her cheeks did not lower in their temperature, instead, they continued increasing their temperature and they turn to darker shades of red.

“Psst.” Daehyun nudged Hyesun with his elbow. The girl was still ‘looking’ for the books that were required for lessons when she could just grab her books and leave.

“Hm?” Hyesun responded, which gave the green light for him to continue talking.

“About yesterday… You saw my text, didn’t you?”

“Yup, what about it?” She was still as shy.

“So you still owe me one huh?” Daehyun asked carefully, making sure that his intended words would not come out wrong.

“Uh-huh, I wanted to thank you for yesterday.” And she flashed him one of her best smiles.

“No biggie. I wanted to ‘stay willingly’.” He quoted what Hyesun said the previous day.

She let out a soft but audible giggle which made Daehyun’s heart flutter a little.

Silence followed thereafter.

“So what should I do to express my gratitude?” Hyesun asked in a joking manner, hoping to break the silent and nearly awkward atmosphere.

“I haven’t made up my mind yet, will tell you when I do so.” Daehyun gave a light knock on Hyesun’s head. Hyesun simply nodded, not knowing what to say next.

“So… Wanna walk to class together?” Daehyun suggested while scratching the back of his neck.

“Sure.” *I’ll be more than happy to do that, even if you don’t ask.*

Then suddenly, a random thought came into Hyesun’s mind – Why wasn’t Daehyun with BAP today? Why is he all alone today? Shouldn’t he be here just seconds before the bell rings for the first lesson? And most importantly, he doesn’t mind walking alongside Hyesun with all his possessive fangirls everywhere?

Hyesun shook the questions out of her mind as her phone vibrated in her bag. She reached her arm to the back, hoping to be able to reach for the compartment but she could not help but curse at her short arms.

“Ya, help me take out my phone from my bag, the smallest compartment at the front.” Yes, she admits that her words could have come out a little friendlier though.

She walked in front of Daehyun, with her bag facing him. He had no choice but to help her. He took out the phone and shoved her forward lightly, making her stumble in her steps a little.

She spun around, only to find a cheekily-smiling Daehyun, who stuck out his tongue at her. She was sure that he wasn’t going to pass her phone that easily.

“Ya, pass me my phone!” She hissed.

“Nooooo~” He sang. “Woah, ‘Text message from Lee Changsub’.” He read the notification.

“Ugh, you better stop what you’re doing now and freaking pass me my phone this instance!” She grunted.

The male just shook his head, with his intention of trying to annoy her, clear.

“You have three seconds to run.” She threatened. “Three.”

“Two.”

Daehyun continued to make funny faces at Hyesun until Hyesun finally said, “One.” And he sped off.

“JUNG DAEHYUN! YOU’RE SO GETTI NG IT FROM ME!” Hyesun yelled and chased after him.

Being a slow runner, Hyesun could hardly keep up with Daehyun’s speed and she concluded that no matter how fast she ran, she would not be able to catch up with him.

“Ugh,” She groaned. “I’m so done with you. Just pass me my phone when you feel like it.” She straightened her uniform and made sure she pressed down any visible creases.

-Hyesun’s POV-

I knew I shouldn’t have told him to grab my phone for me! Ughhh I should have known that he would not pass me my phone that easily, and now I will have to chase after him.

“You have three seconds to run.” I gave him a warning and guess what he did. He freaking stuck his tongue out at me and it made me want to get my phone back from him more.

“Three.” I started counting.

He stood there and pretended not to hear me.

“Two.” A slight flinch was seen but he continued shaking his bottom in my direction. I could only roll my eyes.

“One.” And he took off.

I chased after him and I started panting heavily after a few seconds. Have I ever mentioned how I at running? Beat that, maybe all of kind of sports.

“I’m so done with you. Just pass me my phone when you feel like it.” I groaned. I was too exhausted to continue running. Lessons have not even started and I’m tired already, great. How am I supposed to survive through the whole day?

I turned my heels and walked towards the other direction and smirked to myself, obviously without him knowing.

Of course, I had another motive from my sudden behavior.

“Ya! Hyesun! You angry already?” I could hear the steps of his running towards me.

“Nope.” I answered coldly.

*Two can play this game.*

“Yaaaaaaa~” He started whining.

“What?”

“I guess you don’t want your phone back huh?”

“It’s okay, you can return it to me when you want to.” I fake-smiled.

“Fine then, bye~” He waved and walked ahead of me.

What just happened? Things weren’t supposed to be like that! I was expecting him to return me my phone to me if I pretended that I didn’t really care! Now what?

I hurriedly quickened in my steps and tired grabbing my phone from his hands.

However, he was a lot taller than me and I could not reach for it as he held my phone above his head.

“Hand it to me!” I said between struggling to reach his height.

“No!” He was persistent.

I was engaged in wanting to retrieve my phone from him that I didn’t realize the close distance between him and me. Our bodies were just inches apart and I could feel his breath on my cheeks as I jumped to get my phone.

“I’m exhausted! I give upppp!” I yelled.

Why was Daehyun not talking all of a sudden?

I looked at him and realized he was looking down and I followed the direction his vision was at. I looked down as well. It was then that I realized how close we were for each other and my fingers were caught in the gaps between the buttons of his uniform top.

My cheeks flushed pink as I took out my fingers with the speed of light.

*Damn! What did I just do?*

I mentally beat myself up.

Daehyun cleared his throat and placed my phones in my hands. “There, you can have your phone back. Let’s walk to class now or we’ll be late. I won’t want to serve detention again.” He stuffed his hands into his pockets and walked to class in front of me. I fanned my cheeks for the thousandth time and caught up with him, walking in complete silence together.

*Was that a spark that I felt?*

I put my hands at my chest and felt my heart thumping at cheetah’s pace. *Wow. My heartbeat is insane.*

I checked my phone and open the text message Changsub sent.

CS: Hey Hyesun, mind helping me tell Mr. Kim that I’ll be absent from school today? I’m not really feeling well. :( Thanks!^^

Me: Sure! Make sure to take care of yourself properly! Hope to see you in school soon! ^^

-Daehyun’s POV-

Was it me, or that Hyesun blushed when her fingers were caught in my shirt?

*She looked cute though.*

I shook the thought out of my head and walked to class with her beside me. She took out her phone, probably checking the text that Changsub sent her.

*Why would Changsub text her? Shouldn’t he text me instead? I’m also his best friend the last time I recalled.*

*Sigh* Whatever, to class it is.


Omg hi guys! It's been sooooooo long! I've been really busy with school and my exams. :(

 

My mum had to sort of 'confiscate' my laptop from me so that I'll be able to concentrate with my revision. :p So i couldn't update for the past month. I'm really sorry. But I'm really glad that most of you stayed with me even though I haven't been updating. :(

 

*Gives virtual huggggggg* xx

I might be doing a double update so remember to come back again! ^^

 

A HUGE THANK YOU TO ALL OF YOU WHO ARE READING THIS FIC. ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡