Why Him?!

Friends Or More

“Alright class, settle down!” Mr Kim shouted across the room. Some students stopped chattering and looked at him, allowing him to get his deserved attention. The rest were still engrossed in their conversations, ignoring Mr Kim’s words.

However, despite all the noise, sitting at the corner was Hyesun, still in a daze. Her mind was flooded with thoughts. Starting from Nayoung, all the way to B.A.P.

“Class, may I have your attention?” Mr Kim repeated, determined to get the students engaged with what he was going to say next.

This time, Hyesun heard him and straightened her back. She prop her head against her left hand and looked at Mr Kim. She was obviously bored.  

-Hyesun’s POV-

“Class! Don’t make me repeat myself again!” Mr Kim hollered.

It was about time he flared up. The class was so rowdy and he still had the patience to repeat his words several times.

The class quieten down and he let out a loud sigh, loud enough for the class to hear.

“Finally, thank you.” He adjusted his glasses and looked at his planner.

“So,” He continued. “ I’ll read out your index numbers and make sure you don’t forget them.”

Nayoung’s index number was 2 and mine was right after hers.

“Park Hyesun, your index number’s 3!” Mr Kim called out and looked at me, waiting for a response. I raised my hand and nodded. He continued reading out the index numbers.

“Jung Daehyun, index number 19!” He nodded slighty.

*He’s sort of good-looking.*

I mentally slapped myself and buried my face into my palms.

“Not until you graduate from high school Hyesun!” I hissed softly to remind myself. I promised myself not to have crushes or boyfriends, not until I graduate.

THAT’S THE REASON WHY SOME OF MY FRIENDS THOUGHT I WAS INTERESTED IN PEOPLE OF THE SAME GENDER.

I gave my cheeks a few high-fives to shake away my thoughts.

-Changsub’s POV-

Mr Kim told me my index number and I took note of it. I randomly glanced to my left out of boredom. Hyesun was whispering to herself.

*Cute.* I chuckled. 

Love at first sight? Nahhh...

__________________________________________________________________________

“Class, we need to appoint a class chairperson! Anybody interested in this important role?” Mr Kim grinned but his smile came and went. “No? No one is willing to take up this position?” He looked at his students. Not a single hand was raised. I could sense a tiny bit of bitterness in the statement made.

“I’ll rephrase my question then.” He cleared his throat. “Anyone has someone in mind to nominate?” He tried his best to force out a smile.

*It’s amazing how he’s still able to smile even though the disappointment.*

Names were yelled across the room.

“Youngjae!” someone shouted and the volume of yells increased.

“Him! Him! Him!” A guy pointed towards Jongup, doing a little dance with both of his index fingers.

“Me! Me sir, MEEEEE~” A guy waved his hands in the air. *Pssh, trying to be funny? Try harder dude.* 

*Wow, people are willing do things they dislike when it doesn’t concern them in any way.*

“Psst,” Changsub hissed and looked over to him. “Not interested?” I shrugged my shoulders as I shook my head. I hated “being responsible”. The pressure you’ll encounter is overwhelming. Things get out of control at times.

A deep voice was then heard.All of us turned towards the voice’s direction, including me. 

“I think Daehyun suits this role the best, Sir.” Yougguk, the leader of BAP said. I knew his name when Mr Kim was calling out the index numbers.

Daehyun’s eyes widened. He obviously wasn’t expecting his leader to push him into the fire.

“Yeah, I agree! I nominate Daehyun hyung too!” Jongup expressed, earning himself a death glare from the older blond.

Himchan let out a short laugh and continued, “Sir, choose Daehyun! He won’t reject you.”

*Why won’t he?*

I took a peek at Daehyun, he looked around frantically.

Everyone agreed with BAP, they thought he was responsible enough to take up the role, even Mr Kim was nodding his head in approval. He was the chairperson of his previous class too, as heard from Nayoung. They were in the same class last year. I bet the class was chaos.

I was shocked when I knew of it as well. A kingka as the class chairperson?

*Oh my god, not him please.* I begged. I couldn't imagine the class with a kingka taking charge and calling shots.

“Daehyun, is it okay with you if I appoint you as the class chairperson?” Mr Kim questioned. At least he asked for the latter’s consent.

*Please say no. Please say no.* I begged. I really couldn’t afford to have a kingka as the class chairperson.

He slightly shook his head, revealing that he didn’t mind. That was kinda unexpected. I wasn’t even ready to expect his answer! Did he just agree?

*HIM?! WHY HIM? WHY? SOMEONE SHOOT ME NOW.*

I showed a poker face, pretending that I didn’t mind him being the chairperson.

I was screaming and grabbing my hair in my mind. I should have just volunteered myself just now.

I mean, it’s not just anyone, it’s a kingka! K-I-N-G-K-A.

Kingka means mess, mess means chaos, chaos means no peace in the class! I’d rather a nerd took up the positon.

It’s like comparing prawns to lobsters, dolphins to sharks, cheap products to branded goods! Things will never be the same, the former can’t be compared to the latter!

“I hereby announce that your class chairperson of this year will be Mr Jung Daehyun!” Mr Kim announced and clapped proudly. The class followed suit.

I reluctantly clapped. *Great. How great is this. Awesome.This class is gonna be so awesome.*

Daehyun looked like he didn’t care, his face expression was unreadable. Was it happiness or anger? Was it both, or was it neither?

-Daehyun’s POV-

I accepted the offer. I was the class chairperson. Thanks to B.A.P.

Was it meant to be a prank or what? Whatever it is, I don't mind being the class chairperson for another year. I think I did a great job last year. *flips hair*

I blew my fringe out of my eyes.

Great, just how great is this.

*Another year of pressure.*

-No One's POV-

*Jung Daehyun as the chairperson. I wonder how do i survive this year.* Hyesun sighed.

Little did she know, Daehyun being the class chairperson was a start of something new.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Third chapter up! (◕‿◕✿) Sorry if this was a little disappointing. 

Getting into the main story soon! :)

 

(Read the following if you want to know what happened in real life, you may skip it if you want to. :D)

✎ So basically this chapter is about how 'Daehyun" became the class chairperson. He was really one the previous year and his friends nominated him again this year. He really didn't reject and he did a really good job as our class chairperson. When the teacher asked who wanted to be the class chairperson, no one raised their hands etc, LOL, but when the teacher asked who wanted to be the subject representative, many of my classmates volunteered themselves. How funny.

At first, when 'Daehyun' was chosen as the class chairperson, I wasn't really happy about it as I thought his friends were just joking with him and that he would turn down the teachers offer, but surprisely, he accepted the role without any complains or grumbles. He just nodded his head, telling the teacher it was okay to appoint him as the class chairperson. 

I kept thinking that he wasn't really fit to be the class chairperson as he was chosen as a "joke", like it was really chosen, but jokingly nominated by his friends.

So, he attracted my attention one the first day of school. *as a classmate (cough)*

Oh, and because I was seated a far corner, people don't notice when I talk to myself or stare into blank space. :p

*If you read the above, thank you for sparing a few minutes of your time!*

Thanks to all of you who read this chapter!

 

If you like my story, please subscribe and comments are welcomed too! ^^