Awkward

Friends Or More

 

After Daehyun’s sincere apology, the duo returned to being friends. It was still awkward between the both of them as they were still unsure about their feelings - let’s just say they are more than normal classmates, but friends with mixed signals and feelings.

Hyesun and Nayoung got to know the members of BAP and Secret more, they spend their breaks together.

-Hyesun’s POV-

It was finally break time after long hours of boring lectures. Nayoung and I were released early from our Design class while BAP and Secret were on the way to the cafeteria from their Math class, so we were sitting at our usual place waiting for their arrival.

After a few gossips about what happened during lessons just now, BAP and Secret finally arrived at the table.

I looked up, wanting to greet every one of them.

“Annyeong Yongguk oppa! Hi Himchan oppa!” I cried. Yes, I was comfortable in addressing them as oppa now.

I addressed the other dongsaengs of mine and was at a loss of words when I reached a specific someone.

“Daehyun-ah, a-a-annyeong.” I stuttered.

He scratched the back of his head and replied, as awkward as I was.

“Oh! Hyesun-ah, annyeong! How were the lessons?” He questioned, resisting the urge to fidget.

“It was great, I guess,” I smiled. “Have you forgotten? Design is my favorite subject!” I pouted jokingly.

“Ahhhh! I really did forget!” Daehyun joked back in return. I punched him in his arm and he scrunched his face features.

“Hyesun-ah! Let’s go get some food!” I heard Nayoung shouted. She was standing alongside Hyosung unnie, waiting for me.

“Ne! I’m coming!” I shouted and turned my attention towards Daehyun. “Would you want to get anything?” I volunteered as I eye-smiled.

“It’s okay! I’ll just go get it with the other members,” waving his hands in front of him.

“Arraso! See you later!”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

-Daehyun’s POV-

Why are things so awkward between us? It’s okay, I guess. Being awkward is better than becoming enemies right?

I ran my hand through my hair and groaned.

*Why is this so frustrating?*

I ruffled my hair once more.

“Dude, what’s up with you?” Youngjae nudged me by my side.

“It’s nothing,” I chuckled. “Something’s bothering me a little, that’s all.”

“Ya, If you need someone to talk to, I’m always here.” He patted my back.

“Gomawo chingu-ya!” We did a brotherly handshake and went to grab some food before the fifth period starts.

-Changsub’s POV-

I stared at Hyesun and Daehyun as they spoke to each other.

The closeness between the both of them bothered me.

*Does she like Daehyun?*

Then Daehyun’s smile towards Hyesun caught my eye.

*Or does he like Hyesun?*

I continued stealing glances at the both of them when Hyesun suddenly stood up after hearing someone call out to her.

*She looks happy with him.*

My eyes travelled to Daehyun.

*And he looks like he enjoys her company.*

I growled inwardly as thoughts flowed through my mind.

I have been sitting next to her for months already, we have become closer, yes, but I still have not managed to get her number.

*Maybe I should try again soon.*

Suddenly, an image of Daehyun appeared right in front of me.

*Sigh.* If he is my competitor, it is a definite lose for me already. I knocked myself in the head for being so unattractive.

-No one’s POV-

It was getting a little obvious that Hyesun was starting to be interested in Daehyun, but it was still unclear for the latter.

Daehyun was still not over Soojung – someone who left him so many memories; the person who made him seem like he was the luckiest guy on Earth; the person who made him regret his decisions.

‘What about Hyesun?’ You might ask.  You may want to ask me - I’m not sure about that answer. Ask him – maybe he’ll just shrug it off.

Hyesun, on the other hand, heard news from other schoolmates that it was rumored that Daehyun was still under the ‘Soojung-spell’. Her confidence level was dropping day by day, minutes by minutes and seconds by seconds.

She couldn’t help but envy the relationship between Secret and BAP, and that they get to see each other almost every single day. Even Nayoung, her best friend, could talk to all of them comfortably now.

It was only left with her being all awkward and shy on her own – with Daehyun that is.

Hyesun was the only one that knew about her secret, not even Nayoung knows. She felt that it was best for her to keep mum before her secret starts getting loud. The last person who Hyseun wants to know of the secret was none other than Jung Daehyun.

‘Do I like him or do I not?’ That was the question she pondered over every day without fail.

It was still a mystery why Daehyun did so much for Hyesun; and why did Hyesun forgive Daehyun so easily.

Hyesun was a typical girl who never forgives someone easily. She felt that mistakes are made because of one’s rash actions and that a person commits a mistake because of not thinking twice. She once forgave someone effortlessly and what she got in return was betrayal and pain. The only consequence of letting a mistake was to not be forgiven.

Simple – mistakes are only made by people who don’t think twice.

Yes, she was shy, but her morals were rooted inside her. She always knew what she was doing. She knew and that’s why she couldn’t understand why she forgave someone that easily.

Was it because of the lollipops? Was it because of the balloons? Was it because of the sincerity?

Or was it because it was him?

Two people with mixed feelings; one who was in the midst of trying hard.

Will things be smooth-sailing for the trio?

Things may get awkward, things may get confusing.

The butterflies she experiences every time she sees him.

The frustration he experiences every time images of his ex unveils in front of him whenever he sees her.

The decreasing of his self-esteem and confidence whenever he sees them.

“Do I like him?”

“I’m confused. I’m still not over her.”

“What am I supposed to do?”

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yoohoo~ I finally updated after so long! ^^ I sincerely apologise for the long wait and thank you for staying with me! I was busy during the weekends and even though I'm having a week of holidays now, I still have heaps of work to complete. ><

This chapter wasn't really good but it's something like a teaser that will give you a hint on what will happen in the rest of the chapters.

If anyone of you guys forgot about Changsub, he's the one that sits beside Hyesun! :p

Many of you have been commenting about how Daehyun is so oblivious and all, some are even expecting Daehyun to act soon right? HAHAHA I do read the comments but I do not reply to comments that much, but they really do act as a motivation for me to continue writing! ^^

 

To all my readers, subscribers, to those that comment - old or new:

A BIG BIG THANK YOU! ^^