Answer

Friends Or More

-Hyesun’s POV-

Saturday was finally here and it was the day of the project. Honestly, I was looking forward to it. I had many things I was curious about. Like how his house was like, or how he dressed when he was not in school.

*He better be fully prepared for the project.* I scoffed to myself as Daehyun’s cheeky face appeared in my mind. I spent last night surfing the net for information regarding to the project, I would not want my efforts to be wasted.

I went to my wardrobe and glanced through all my outfits. I was not the type to dress up – I have always thought that T-shirt and shorts were the best combination. I was not the girly type, so I dread wearing skirts. However, I wanted to look presentable to him.

*Better be safe than sorry.*

He would definitely tease and make fun of me if he sees me in such a simple outfit. I rummaged through my wardrobe and tried picking out one of my favorite outfits which I seldom wore.

“He better be thankful that I’m spending time to doll up myself for him.” I mumbled to myself.

 I admit that I was really tempted to just fit into any T-shirt but who wants to look bad in front of your crush? I am not like the type to dress up like the other girls out there. I know myself best – I neither have the nice body figure nor the best-looking face. I was just… me.

After putting on the outfit, I tied my hair into a high ponytail – my favorite. I loved having long hair, but I prefer tying my hair up instead of letting it down.

Now you understand why I’m ‘different’.

I quickly rushed out of the house even though I had plenty of time to just stroll to the bus-stop. I looked at my watch. There’s still one and a half hours left and I just needed approximately about half an hour bus ride to Daehyun’s house.

I got onto the bus and got myself seated nearby the window.

I put my phone’s music player on shuffle and leaned my head against the clear piece of glass filled with different types of fingerprints. I hummed along to the songs in my mind when a familiar ringtone interrupted the peace I was enjoying.

Jung Daehyun.

There… those butterflies stopped by again. Normally, I would be hoping to receive something special, but nah, not this time. I opened the text and what I saw before me was totally expected.

DH: Ya! Don’t be late! >:(

I looked at my watch. What?! I was far from ‘going-to-be-late’. I bet I still have time to grab some coffee or tea.

Me: Look at the time now, please. I’m far from late. Don’t be a bother. :(

*Pssh.*

DH: I thought you were still sleeping! Just reminding you though. :(

Me: Okay, my ‘dearest kingka’, I will be there on time! I’ll not be late even by a millisecond, happy?

DH: Yeap, see you. :)

My eyes opened to twice of its original size as I stared wide-eye at the smiley emoticon.

*I think he has a double personality or something.*

Hoping to seek ‘revenge’, I used the most convenient and cutest conversation killer.

Me: K

To be honest, I don’t see what’s wrong with ‘K’. I mean, if you do not want to talk to a person anymore, just it up and end the conversation right?

-Daehyun’s POV-

I will be lying if I said I was not looking forward to her coming for the project. Well, maybe I’m a LITTLE excited. I could not hide my excitement and texted her without second thoughts.

I read her reply and thought to myself, “Yeah, she isn’t late, why am I bothering her.”

*Who cares?* I shrugged.

Me: Yeap, see you. :)

HS: K

WHAT?! DID SHE JUST ‘K’ ME?

Does she not know that people hate ‘K’? She’s so getting it later.

-No One’s POV-

While Hyesun was on the bus, she recalled the conversation she had with Nayoung last night. She called up Nayoung to clear her doubts about Changsub’s ‘confession.

-Flashback-

“Yeoboseyo?”

“Nayoung-ah! Changsub texted me and said that he likes me!” Hyesun almost yelled into the phone.

“WHAT?! HE CONFESSED TO YOU?!” Hyesun was pretty sure her best friend was shouting into the phone.

“Yeah…” Hyesun’s voice slowly drifted off. “Do you think he’s for real?”

“I’m not sure too! I didn’t expect him to confess to you, I thought him and you were simply seating partners.”

“Neither do I! I think he’s joking or something.”

“You never know, Hyesun.”

“But… No one has ever confessed to me!”

“The other guys don’t know how to appreciate you. Have some confidence! Did you accept him?”

“Maybe… I already told him that I thought he was kidding.”

“It’s okay, we shall wait for what he’s going to do next.”

“Hm.” Hyesun nodded her head in agreement even though her best friend could not see her.

“Don’t fret over it too much! Have a good night’s sleep. You have to head over to Daehyun’s to do the project right?”

“Yeah, why do you have to remind me.”

“HAHAHA, go to bed now! Goodnight!”

“Goodnight!” Hyesun ended the call.

-End of flashback-

Hyesun alighted after some time of about 5 songs and she stretched a little.

“Forty-five minutes left! Enough time to get some coffee.” She hummed a tune as she skipped to the café.


“One iced mocha please.” She placed her other with a bright smile.

“Sure!” The waitress seemed as though she got influenced by the cheerfulness which was saturating the air around Hyesun.

*Should I get one for Daehyun too?* She wondered.

“I’ll just get him one too then.” She mumbled inwardly.

Hyesun stretched her body slightly over the counter and shouted, “Make it two please!” And she did not forget her manners. “Thank you!” The barista slightly nodded acknowledging her request.

She collected her drinks after a few minutes wait and left the café as she sipped on her coffee while holding onto the other tightly in her other hand.

She was not hoping for a ‘thank you’, but she hope for some appreciation.

She reached the doorstep of Daehyun’s house soon after and knocked on the door, patiently waiting for someone to get the door.

“You’re finally here?” Daehyun asked as he playfully raised a brow.

“I’m not late! I’m even early by 10 minutes!” Hyesun blurted out loudly before Daehyun could interrupt.

“Come on in.” Daehyun said as he stepped backwards to let the girl enter.

She was fascinated by how neat Daehyun’s house was. It was neither a mansion nor a castle, it was a nice and comfy home filled with warmth and it was enough for someone like Hyesun, who prefers simplicity.

The moment she stepped in, she could hear an unfamiliar voice.

“Daehyun-ah! Who’s that? Is it your friend?” It was Daehyun’s mum.

“Annyeonghaseyo ajumma! Park Hyesun-imnida!” Hyesun greeted with her eye-smile.

“Annyeong Hyesun-ah! Make yourself comfortable!”

*She’s so friendly.* Hyesun thought and chuckled.

“Stop smiling to yourself! It’s creepy!” Daehyun nudged the innocent girl with his elbow.

“Arraso! It hurts, you know!” The female rubbed her arm in pain.

“Is that coffee?” Daehyun asked as he pointed at the paper bag Hyesun was holding.

“Yup.” Hyesun replied, popping the ‘p’.

“For me?” He then pointed to himself.

“Nah… It was originally for you but I’ve decided not to let you have it now.”

“Why?! Give it to me!”

“No!” Hyesun refuted as she used all her might to protect the coffee from Jung-monster.

“Give it to me!”

Soon, the duo was bickering over a cup of coffee. One was trying to snatch the coffee out of her hands while the latter was trying to protect the coffee from him.

“Guys! Stop fighting.” Ajumma ordered jokingly.

Hyesun eventually surrendered and let Daehyun have the coffee.

“Arrasso eomma~ We’ll be at the study room to start on our project!” Daehyun told him mum before pushing me up the stairs, into the study room.

“Alright! Let’s start! Take out whatever you have!” Daehyun took out all the papers and placed them on the table.

Of course, not needing a second reminder, Hyesun took out what she prepared too.

Surprisingly, the both of them worked well with each other – okay, maybe a few conflicts here, and a few arguments there, but the both of them completed the project in a blink of an eye. There was a unknown chemistry between the two of them and they managed to complete the project successfully. They were confident that they would get a good grade.


After getting some tedious work done, Hyesun decided to leave early so as to not let her parents worry.

They went down the stairs with Daehyun following behind Hyesun.

“Ajumma, I’m leaving! Thanks for today.” Hyesun bowed to Mrs. Jung, bidding goodbye.

“Ne~ Drop by if you have the time, okay?”

“Ne~ I definitely will.” She giggled.

Hyesun went to the main door and was in the midst of putting on her shoes.

“Ya! Jung Daehyun! Are you not going to send her off?” Mrs. Jung hissed when she saw her son sitting on the sofa comfortably.

“Nah… She’ll manage on her own.” Daehyun replied.

Mrs. Jung went over to him and smacked his thigh lightly. “Go.”

His mum glared at him jokingly, however, he knew she was dead serious.

“Arraso, arraso!”

Hyesun was about to close the door behind her when a hand blocked the door from closing. She was caught by surprise when she saw Daehyun.

“I’ll send you to the bus-stop.” He dragged.

Hyesun obviously knew he was not willing to, “It’s okay, I’ll just walk there on my own.”

“Aish, just be quiet and let me send you off, woman!” He hissed. “My mum’s orders.” He whispered into her ears.

Hyesun laughed mentally, after realising that the almighty, and the ‘world’s most handsome’ kinga was a mummy’s boy.

The both of them walked alongside each other to the bus-stop and took a seat, enjoying the cool evening breeze.

The silence between the both of them was getting awkward so Hyesun took out her phone to listen to her music.

*Is she going to pretend I’m not here? I shouldn’t have accompanied her here.*

However, Hyesun plucked in one side of her earpieces and offered Daehyun the other.

“Wanna listen too?” She waved the earpiece in front of him.

He looked at the earpiece and took it anyway.

As he listened to the music Hyesun’s music player was playing, he realised that they were all love songs. Hyesun loves ballads – it was her favourite genre of music.

“Do you like the songs? I can change it if you don’t.” Hyesun asked.

“Nope, it’s okay!” He assured her.

She just nodded and closed her eyes, letting her soul engage with the music.

“Hyesun?” Daehyun broke the silence?

“Hm?”

“You like ballads?”

“Yeah…”

“Why?”

“Don’t you find the lyrics so meaningful but painful at the same time? I get those heart-clenching moments and feels whenever I listen to them.” She slightly smiled to herself.

Daehyun could not help but feel that her smile was conceiving. It was not real.

“Had relationships before? Heartbreaks?” He looked at her side-eyed.

“Nope, not even one.” She laughed at herself, thinking that it was a joke.

*She hasn’t been in a relationship before?* Daehyun was a little caught aback with her statement.

“Anyone in mind?” He asked.

“Maybe?” She was unsure too, so she shrugged.

He just nodded.

Hyesun had a question in her mind too. She wanted to know if Daehyun still had feelings towards Soojung.

*Should I ask him?*

“Daehyun, do you still li-“ She was about to ask when he bus arrived. “Oh, there’s my bus!”

Daehyun returned her earpiece to her and watched as her figure blended into the crowd of commoners and the bus left soon after everyone managed to board the bus.

He was curious on what Hyesun was about to ask him.

He fished out his phone and texted someone before leaving the bus-stop. He smiled to himself and strolled home.


Hyesun managed to get a window seat again. She plugged in her earpiece and pressed play on her music player. He phone rang and she opened the text.

DH: Thanks for today. :) Head home safely. :)

        p.s. Thanks for the coffee too. :P

HS: Thanks for today too. :)

The ends of her lips lifted up unknowingly and she leaned her head against the seat. This day was better than she thought, even though she did not manage to get an answer to her why.


Hi guys! I'm back with a new chapter! ≧◠◡◠≦✌

 

Sorry for not updating for two weeks, I was busy with my holiday homework. :(

Today's a special occasion! ^^

IT'S DAEHYUN'S BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!! ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

 

So, wish him happy birthday if you haven't done so! ^^

 

Thanks for reading! ^^