Detention

Friends Or More

 

-Hyesun’s POV-

Time ticked slowly and it was time for PE class. (PE stands for Physical Education) Nayoung and I went to the locker room to change. I got changed into my PE attire and brought up my hand to my hair.

*I need to tie my hair up…*

“Nayoung-ah! Do you have an extra hair tie?” I tried asking Nayoung.

“Wae? You look pretty with your hair down.” She smiled at me, flashing me a thumbs up.

I chuckled, “Pabo ya~ Do you want me to look like a lion later? Furthermore, I’ll be perspiring like mad and I won’t want my hair to get in the way!”

Nayoung started ransacking her bag and finally found her hair tie.

“Gomawo chingu-ya!” I nudged her playfully and she rolled her eyes in sarcasm.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

“Alright class, four laps around the tracks with a partner! Go!” Our PE teacher yelled immediately after blowing his whistle.

*Aish… We’re running again?!*

Even though I had many complains, I started my torture with Nayoung. I am not a sports person, so I was tired at the second lap.

“Nayoung-ah, you go ahead first, I’ll take a rest.” I panted heavily, barely making my words clear enough. When Nayoung’s back started becoming blurry, I sat down on the tracks to rest.

As I took my rest, I counted the number of people who ran past me and I thought it was time to start running again before I become the last one to finish the ‘easy’ four laps – that’s what they say.

*Easy my .* I scoffed.

I heard heavy footsteps of people running while I was struggling to get on my feet. As expected, I looked up and saw the blondies. The others continue running while Daehyun jogged on the spot beside me. He did not speak a word so I stared at him side-eyed.

*What is he trying to do?*

Just when I was about to open my mouth to say something, he interrupted.

“Aww… You tied your hair up? I’ve got to say you look better just now,” He pouted teasingly. “Which lap are you at now?”

I raised two fingers and he nodded, before running away, leaving me standing rooted to the ground.

“Pabo Park Hyesun! Ppali, run! Why are you so lazy?” He looked over his shoulder and shouted at me.

“Arraso! Just go by yourself and leave me alone!” I waved him away, feeling a little accused for being called lazy.

*Kingka? So what? Someone please remind me why is he my crush again.*

PE lesson finally ended and I was already half-dead. Thankfully, it was the last period.

“Park Hyesun!” I spun myself towards the direction of the voice, already knowing who it was. I raised my brow at Daehyun. “See you during detention.” He walked past me and winked.

*Stupid Jung Dae- Oh yeah, I almost forgot about detention.*

I sighed and went to change back to a clean set of uniform.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The familiar bell rang, signaling the end of school. I dragged my feet towards homeroom class because I was to serve my detention there.

I peeked into the class, only to find it empty. I placed my bag on a table and starting looking around the classroom. All this time, I was always burying myself into my books that I did not realize how nice our classroom was. A slip of paper on the teacher’s desk then caught my eye, it was from Mr. Kim.

To my dearest students Daehyun and Hyesun,

I’ll not be able to monitor you during your detention, so I have left some tasks for the both of you to do:

  1. Arrange the tables and chairs
  2. Sweep the floors
  3. Clean the boards

Make sure the class is spotless by tomorrow!

No complains, both of you were late for school today and that means that you have to face the consequences.

From Mr. Kim

*How great… Now, do I have to do this alone?*

Daehyun has not arrived yet.

“’See you during detention!’ Blah blah blah yeah right, I can totally see you.” I mimicking Daehyun’s words.

“I’m here, aren’t I?” The door slammed open, scaring me out of my wits.

“You heard everything?” I smiled at him awkwardly.

“Let’s start work since you’re here!” I shoved the broom to him, not sparing him a chance to talk.

*Why must I be with him for detention, just my luck!*

I was in the middle of my train of thoughts when he spoke up, interrupting the silence.

-Daehyun’s POV-

Hyesun was so engrossed in sweeping the floors and I couldn’t help but find it cute. However, it was so quiet to the extent that I almost fell asleep standing.

Not being to withstand the heavy atmosphere anymore, I spoke up.

“Hey pabo Hyesun,” I started. “Wanna have a dare?”

“Oh? What bet? And I’m not a pabo!” She refuted.

I pretended to ignore her last sentence and continued, “Yeah, what dare should we do?”

I thought hard.

“How about we play a game?” I requested, and she told me to carry on. “Remember what I said this morning?” She tilted her head to the side.

“I said you look hot with your hair down, didn’t I?” I smirked, staring down at the flustered girl. She hesitantly nodded.

“How about I try to take off that hair tie from your hair?” I pointed at her purple ribbon hair tie.

“Mwoh?” She questioned in disbelief.

“What mwoh? Add your glasses into list too.” I added.

*I really want to see her without glasses.*

I really wanted to see what’s behind that pair of thick glasses.

“Wait a moment, what?” She stopped me.

“Couldn’t you hear me? I said that I’ll try to take off your hair tie and glasses from you.”

“Then what do I do?” She pointed at herself.

“Hmm…” I thought and my lips. “You’ll try to take my necklace and this ring off.” I showed her the two items.

“That’s not fair! Yours is easier and I can’t see without my glasses!”

“I don’t care! The one who gets hold of the two items first can suggest the other party to do a punishment!  1…2…3!!!!”

The game started.

-No One’s POV-

The duo ran around the class and their surroundings were oblivious to them.

Fifteen minutes into the ‘game’, Daehyun managed to snatch away Hyesun’s hair tie while the female was still stuck with nothing. She can’t blame anyone for not being able to see without her glasses.

“Just admit defeat already!” Daehyun stuck his tongue out at Hyesun.

“No!” She was persistent.

“Aha!” Daehyun cheered as he took off Hyesun’s hair tie, allowing her hair to fall on her shoulders.

“I won!” Daehyun jumped in joy.

Hyesun pouted. To her, the guy didn’t win as it was an unfair game.

“Aww… Angry?” Daehyun cooed.

She scoffed and returned to her ‘chores’.

“Ya, Park Hyesun!” He nudged her. “Big pabo Park Hyesun!” Still, to no avail.

Daehyun grabbed her by her wrists (for who knows why he likes to do that), and pinned her against the wall.

“What are you doing?” She shrieked.

He chuckled and flashed his infamous smirk once again. “Have you forgotten about the punishment? You lost.”

*, why does he like to tease me so much?*

“What punishment?” She tried to deny.

“What punishment should we give you?” He pretended to think hard.

“Tell me when you’re done thinking.” She tried to escape but got pulled back by Daehyun instead.

“You know, Hyesun-ah. You really look better with your hair untied.” He fiddled with her hair.

Her heart was pounding like crazy.

*My crush is saying all these to me?*

“And also, get rid of that pair of thick glasses. I think you’re better off without it.” He stared right into her dark orbs. She could not see that well, but she could sense his piercing stare.

She nodded shyly, yet once again.

“Now for the punishment…” He drifted off. “Close your eyes.”

“Huh?”

“Just do as I say.”

She blinked a few times before letting her eyes shut their lids.

She honestly thought he wanted flick her in her forehead so she shut her eyes really tightly.

Her eyes flew open when she felt his lips on her cheeks.

*W-what?*

“There, your punishment.” He ruffled her hair.

She gently pushed him away.

“L-l-let’s just get back to work.” She stammered and continued sweeping the floor.

“Ne,” He tightened his grip on the broom and smiled, satisfied. “By the way, can you come without tying your hair and glasses for the rest of the days?”

She just bit on her lip, trying her best not to smile, and shrugged.

*Maybe detention’s not that bad after all.*

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi guys! Finally a longer update! ^^

Daehyun give you a peck on your cheeks? :P

 

My mind and heart can't take it. /smacks self to wake up

Honestly, it was weird writing that scene even though it was short lol, cause it's my first time although I've read other fanfics with kiss scenes before. Oh well... :p

Anyways, I hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter! Till the next update! ^^

 

THANK YOU TO ALL READERS AND SUBSCRIBERS! <3