Jealously

Friends Or More

-Hyesun’s POV-

School finally ended and I waited by the lockers for Nayoung to walk home together. I leaned against my locker and let my eyes follow along the people who walked past me.

“Why is she taking so long?” I was getting impatient.

I fished out my phone to check my text messages when the locker beside mine opened.

“Waiting for Nayoung?” Daehyun asked as he placed all his books one by one into the locker. I said nothing but nodded my head instead.

I cannot believe that I’m hurting inside.  I know that they are good friends but, how would you feel when you see your crush being surrounded by girls who he labels as “best friends” being all flirtatious with him?

-Flashback-

I was seated at the very back of the classroom so everything was clear to me. I was concentrating on what the teacher was saying but my eyes kept falling on Daehyun every few minutes. His actions seemed to be more interesting than what the teacher was teaching, not that lessons were ever interesting. The teacher must have wondered why she had such an avid student in her class all of a sudden as I had a really focused face on. Yeah, I was focused – focused on Jung Daehyun that is.

He managed to attract my attention in no matter what he does. I did not know that flipping the pages of a textbook could be so charming. I did not know that you will look so handsome when you are about to doze off. It was as though he was the brightest star shining in the pitch black sky. It was as though darkness fell on everyone except him.

Even though he was the most eye-catching, I could not help but look at the Secret members except Hyosung flirt with him.

*What in the world are they doing?*

My face turned red in jealously as I saw the three girls flirt with Daehyun. What’s worse is that he was actually ENJOYING the attention. My heart clenched bit by bit as I saw Daehyun whisper a joke into Jieun’s ear and she giggled.

*I wonder what’s so funny. Pssh.*

It seems like the girls kept throwing themselves to him and he was happily accepting all the acts.

“I heard that Hana and Daehyun stayed in the same neighborhood and they often walk home together.” I remembered what Nayoung once told me.

*Sigh.*

Secret and I are classmates, but I have always hated how they kept flirting with BAP, especially Daehyun. However, Hyosung was an exception. You can probably say that she is the most “real” one in Secret and she is a great friend and sister to me. I have always wondered - I wondered how BAP could stand those whiny girls who only fall head over heels for them to the extent that they had themselves wrapped around the boys’ fingers.

Sorry to say this, but Secret were secretly named as the “y queenkas”, as many thought that they were making use of BAP to gain popularity. Many hated them behind their backs, me not being an exception. I have a minor hatred towards Sunhwa. You may have heard rumors about her – that she has countless of boyfriends before and that those relationships lasted for weeks, the least being a day. Nayoung and I suspect that she has a huge crush on Daehyun. Of course, Daehyun, being the clueless one, does not know.

“She’s just a great friend and sister to me, nothing more than that.” says him.

*Yeah right.*

I could not help but scoff whenever I think of him saying that.

Somehow I managed to pull my eyes off him and returned to writing my notes. I looked at my notebook with my mouth wide agape. The whole page was filled with random scribbles and words I could not even understand. There were many twirls and random circles as well. What shocked me most were the holes that I poked through the pages.

Was I that angry?

I tore out the page and rewrote my notes on a fresh page, occasionally shooting and piercing holes into the backs of THAT group of people.

I guess that’s what jealously does to people?

-End of flashback-

“Hyesun? Park Hyesun? Hellooooo, you there?” Daehyun waved his hand in front of me.

“Not for you to care. Go away.” I shot.

*Great, Park Hyesun. Why are you making such a big fuss?*

“Woah woah woah, you need to chill. I’m just waiting for someone, I’ll be leaving soon.” He smirked.

*The cheek of you to smile at me. How dare you smile at me.*

JERK JUNG DAEHYUN! I HATE YOUUUUUU! I mentally screamed in my heart.

He leaned against his locker, mimicking my actions. I pretended that he was invisible and continued to scroll down my phone.

He took out his phone from his uniform pocket as a ringtone was heard.

“Hello?”

“Oh really?” He smiled. “It’s okay, I’ll wait. We’ll walk home together!” he said cheerily.

*Must be talking to Hana. Stop be so jealous, Park Hyesun.*

“Yeah yeah yeah, walk her home for all you want.” I mumbled to myself, audible for only myself to hear.

“Pardon me?”

“What?”

“Did you just tell me to walk her home for all I want?”

*. HE HEARD THAT?*

“Did I? I don’t remember saying that. Maybe it’s just yo-“

“You told me to walk her home, did you?” He came nearer to me.

“I said I didn’t.” I said firmly.

“Liar, liar, pants on fire~” He sang.

“SHUT.UP.” I emphasized on the two words - Short but impactful.

“What? I can’t hear you~”

*I can't believe he's doing this.*

“URGHHH!” I groaned, frustrated.

“Do you smell something?” Daehyun asked as he sniffed the air.

“Smell what?”

“I smell jealously,” He stepped closer to me and sniffed harder. “I think it’s coming from here!” He exclaimed as he pointed at me.

My face flushed pink as he shouted so loudly. I’m lucky that the hallway was almost empty. I blushed even harder after I realized how close we were.

*Now’s not the time to blush!*

“Whatever.” I rolled my eyes for the upteempth time.

Suddenly, my phone rang. It was Nayoung.

“Hello?”

“Hyesun-ah, mianhe. I don’t think I can go home with you today. My teacher decided to extend the lessons.” She whispered into the phone.

“Alright, I’ll leave first then.”

“I’m so sorry, Hyesun-ah.” I could hear her whine.

“It’s okay! Go back to your lessons!” I jokingly reprimanded her.

Then I ended the call with a loud sigh.

I used my feet to push myself off the lockers and started to walk towards to entrance of the school.

“Leaving already?” Daehyun questioned.

“Why? You wanna walk me home?” I asked in a sarcastic manner.

“I would, but I promised Hana to walk her home.” He shrugged.

“I was just kidding. Bye.”

“Bye~”


“Stupid Jung Daehyun, big idiot Jung Daehyun.” I chanted and kicked a stone that was at my feet. I took my time in walking to the bus-stop as I felt that I could take things slow since I was going home alone anyway.

I heard laughter behind me and they were familiar. And no doubt, the laughter belonged to Daehyun and Hana.

I accelerated in my steps and walked as fast as I could. Oh my god, I felt like I was a horse. (LOL) The laughter pissed me off and I did not want jealously to take over me again.

*I can’t freaking believe that I jealous of her. Damn.*


I stared at the duo beside me, waiting for the bus as well. *Just my luck.*

I missed the bus despite walking at cheetah’s speed and now I had to suffer and drown myself with their laughter and frequent whispers. I could not stand the noise anymore so I took out my best friend – my phone, and started blasting music into my ears.

Soon, I saw Hana board the bus alone, without Daehyun by her side. I felt a presence of someone by my side and threw my head to my right to see a cheekily grinning Daehyun.

“What are you doing here?” I yelled, not knowing that my earpiece was still plugged in.

Daehyun put a finger on his lips, silencing me.

It was then when I realized that I just made a fool out of myself. I plugged out my earpiece and hissed, “Aren’t you suppose to board the previous bus?”

“Yup.” He answered, popping the ‘p’ sound.

“Then? May I know what I you doing here?”

“I was initially going to board that bus. However, I saw a silly pabo sitting alone here. She looked lonely and I decide to accompany till her bus comes.”

No doubt, that “pabo” was yours’ truly.

“What about Hana?”

“I told her to go home herself. I told her I’ll make it up to her.”

“Oh.”

“No thank you or whatsoever? You’re rude, you know.” He shook his head. “Yeah, what am I suppose to expect from the typical you?” He mumbled, but loud and clear enough for me to hear.

I cleared my throat, “T-t-thanks.” It came out as a whisper.

“You’re welcome.” Daehyun smirked at me in amusement.

My lips crept up into a small smile.

“Don’t get too happy.” He whispered into my ear.

“Why should I be happy? You’re staying with me willingly.”

“Really? Park Hyesun, really. I’m leaving.” He pretended to leave his seat.

“No, come back.” I didn’t know what took over me, but his presence made me forget my anger from before.

He chuckled ever so ily. *Screams*

My bus came shortly and I boarded the bus after waving Daehyun goodbye.

My phone vibrated in my hands and I had a new text message.

DH: You owe me another one. :p

Stupid Jung Daehyun, you should be the one owing me one instead, for making me jealous.

I smiled and typed my reply.


Aloha~ I'm back! Who missed me? LOL kidding. :p

I'm sooooo sorry (again) that I'm not updating on a weekly basis now and I'm also really sorry that I'm so damn slow with the updates. :( I'm busy with school, and you won't believe this - I've been returning to school on Saturdays for two weeks already, that's why I'm only left with Sundays to update! :( to much to be in final year in secondary school. *sobs hard.*

On a bright note, it's great that I'm finally updating.

Oh, and...

I'VE SURPASSED 4,000 VIEWS! WOW!

Never once have I thought that I would receive so many views! ^^ So, thank you so so so so so much! :D

 

Thank you again and I'll see you guys on the next update! ♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

P.S I didn't read this chapter again to check for mistakes, so i apologise beforehand! :p