Who Are They?

Friends Or More

-Hyesun’s POV-

I adjusted my uniform as I walked down the hallways.

Girls were in their cliques, talking and whispering to one another with occasional laughter, while guys were fist pumping and doing all kinds of funny handshakes.

I looked around, trying to spot familiar faces. I saw some old classmates walked by and intended to greet and wave at them, or maybe a smile will do.

“Hi-" I was cut off immediately. The group of them just walked past me like we were no more than strangers. What’s new anyway? People never fail to forget me. I gave up the thought of trying to greet my old classmates.

I lifted my wrist right in front of my face to look at the time. *10 more minutes till the first lesson.*

I made a decision to check out my newly assigned locker. My locker was located at the ground level, hence I didn’t need to really search for it. Wait, did I just see purple? Oh my god! My locker’s purple! I screamed mentally. I love purple to the extend that my bag’s purple, my pencil case’s purple, my shoes are purple, my hair ties are purple, my jacket’s purple, maybe I’m even wearing my purple br- Oops.

I gathered all my things into my locker and took those that I need for the first period. I admired my locker for the last time and proceeded to my homeroom class. The lockers just made my day.

*Maybe school doesn’t turn out to be that bad in the end.*

____________________________________________________________________________________________

I halted in my steps when I saw a group of students standing outside of the classroom waiting. I wonder why.

“The teacher wants us to arrange ourselves according to our height in ascending order ,” A student said and the message was passed around. I stood there awkwardly, waiting for further instructions. My other classmates were already having conversations with each other already! That’s fast. Sometimes I wished I was as outspoken as those people.

“Hey! My name’s Nayoung, Cha Nayoung. Let’s be friends!” I jumped from the sudden contact on my shoulders. I tossed my head around and saw a girl sticking out her hand in front of me.

I looked at her hand in confusion. I tilted my head to the side and stared at her hand, as though it’s my first time in my life seeing someone’s hand.

Someone is actually willing to be my friend? My thoughts were interrupted by her waving her hands in front of me.

“Hello, hello? You there?” I flinched at her words and shook away the thoughts.

“Oh! I’m Hyesun, Park Hyesun!” I giggled as I shook her hand and flashed her my best smile.

“Beautiful name you’ve got there! Let’s be best friends!” I stared at her again and she looked at me, amused.

*She wants to befriend me? Best friends? Wait, what? *

I wasn’t sure on how to react. She looks harmless and she’s the type of girl that guys like best, but ‘best friends’? The both of us are like the princess and the pauper. She’s perfect like the princess while I’m just lacking in so many ways. I wasn’t sure if I wanted to accept her offer because I didn’t want to experience betrayal anymore.

“Okay.” I squeaked, barely audible. My eyes widen at my response. Why can’t I just reject people? to be me.

-Nayoung’s POV-

She’s cute, I like her. I see similarities between her and me. Something in me just wants to befriend her. I bet she doesn’t know that she’s the first person I’ve ever approached first. What’s amusing about her is that she looks so cold and kinda fierce on the outside but on the other hand, shy and quiet on the inside.

She’s interesting, I can’t wait to find out more about her.

-Hyesun’s POV-

Nayoung’s really nice. She keeps attempting to start conversations with me. She’s not that bad after all. With the help of the conversations held, I knew new things about her and found out that we actually have many things in common. However, you’ll never know if one day your supposedly “friend” stabs you from the back.

“By the way, do you know that B.A.P and Secret are going to be in our class?”

I looked around and realized that only half some of the students had arrived.

“Who’s B.A.P?” I questioned. “Oh, tell me who’s Secret too.” I added and Nayoung stared at me in awe.

“What?! You don’t know who they are? They’re the kingkas and queenkas in our school!”

“Since when did we have kingkas and queenkas in our school?”

“Park Hyesun, you pabo! This isn’t your first day in TS High right? How can you not know?” She panicked.

“Why are you panicking? Why are you making such a big fuss out of this?” I chuckled.

What’s wrong with people and Kingkas?

“Just wait and see till they arrive.” She scoffed and rolled her eyes jokingly.

*Okay. I’ll just wait and see what’s so great about you B.A.P and Secret.*

__________________________________________________________________________________________________

Wondering why our homeroom teacher wanted us to arrange ourselves according to our height?

This has got to be the greatest joke ever. Who still uses this freaking stupid method to settle the class’ sitting arrangement? I thought we’re able to sit anywhere we wanted to?

Being the tall girl I am, I was assigned to be seated at the last row, AT THE CORNER.

What did I do to deserve this seat? This has got to be my worst seat ever.

I looked to my right. I'm the only girl sitting at the last row.

*How great*

Nayoung was assigned to a seat right at the other corner, but at the front, how far.

Suddenly a group of blondies came into the class, following suit was four girls who were gorgeous. Now I know why they’re called the kingkas and queenkas. One doesn’t just become one without a reason. To think of it, why isn’t Nayoung a queenka? I mean, she’s pretty and all, unlike me.

I looked at them with my mouth agape and caught Nayoung raising her brows at me.

I just shook my head and observed the group of blonde guys and the four girls.

How not fair! Why are they allowed to sit with their friends. I mean all of them are sitting side by side!

“Hey, can we be friends?” asked the guy beside me. “My name’s Changsub, Lee Changsub.”

“Yeah sure, I’m Park Hyesun.” I smiled a little then turn back to face the front. I wasn’t comfortable speaking to a guy and I’ve only met him today.

-Changsub’s POV-

That’s it? “Yeah sure, I’m Park Hyesun?” Not even a ‘Hi’ or something? Wow, that’s a first. She’s cool, I think I like her.

I covered my mouth, trying to muffle a giggle. I wouldn't want her to think that I'm weird or something.

*Park Hyesun* I smiled.

-Daehyun’s POV-

Yeah school. What’s school? Can it be eaten or something? How boring. 

Why am I even wasting my time? B.A.P and I made our way to our classroom. We’re already late but who cares?

I smirked.

We went into the classroom without greeting the teacher.

The other students were already seated at their places, so I'm guessing those empty seats at the back are for B.A.P and Secret?

I made dragged my feet to the last row, slammed my bag onto the chair and sat down. Zelo took the seat beside me. The rest of the BAP members just chose a random seat at the row in front and sat down. Secret occupied the four empty seats on the left.

Youngjae knocked on my desk. This guy can be annoying at times.

“Shouldn’t we apologize for being late? I’m mean, aren’t we kind rude?” I scoffed.

“I don’t see a need to apologize! See, the teacher doesn’t even care.”

“Up to you then…” Youngjae pouted and faced the teacher.

I yawned.

*How wonderful. I love school.*

-Hyesun’s POV-

That’s the benefits of being the kingkas and queenkas?

You don’t need to apologize even though you’re late for 15 minutes? Oh, and you’ve got a priority for everything? Maybe also some crazy girls and boys spazzing over you? How funny, this blondie only walked and you have girls screaming?

*Cocky dudes, oh and where are my fans too?* I sarcastically thought and rolled my eyes.

The girl in front of me spun around and faced me. She showed me her gummy smile.

She turned out to be the leader of Secret.

“Hi, I’m Hyosung! Nice to meet you! The other three girls are Zinger, Jieun and Sunhwa!” The other three girls stared at me for a while and then looked away.

*Nice attitude you’ve got there, sisters!*

I diverted my attention back to Hyosung and introduced myself. She seemed different from the other three.

“Don’t bother about them, they’re weird like that,” she looked at them, then back to me. "Kinda rude at times too." She added.

Hyosung flashed me her smile once more and turned back to the front.

I nodded awkwardly and looked out of the window.

*So I’m stuck in the same class as the Kingkas and Queenkas, and one even talk to me.*

I closed my eyes for a while. I needed time to absorb these.

Kingkas, Queenkas, WHAT?

*Please let this year be peaceful.* I mentally prayed.

____________________________________________________________________________________________

Second chapter up! (>‿◠)✌  

Not much of Daehyun yet, but I promise he'll be out soon!☺☺☺

Thank you so much for reading!

(Read the following if you want to know more what really happened in real life. :D You may skip it if you want to.)

On the first day of school, we were told to gather at the quadrangle(somewhere like a gathering point for students and teachers) of the school for morning assembly. The students will have to search for their class tags and sit down with their new classmates. Unfortunately for me, I had no one I knew from the previous year who will be in the same class as me this year, except for a girl and two other boys, but because we weren't really close, we didn't sit together and they also had friends they knew, so I was all alone. Being a shy and soft-spoken girl, I survived the whole assembly procedure awkwardly, without anyone to talk to. We were then lead to our new classroom by our homeroom teacher(which is known as form teacher in my country). He told us to wait outside the classroom while he arranged the desks and chairs. Someone then said that instructions to arrange ourselves according to our height (boys and girls seperately) was given. I was one of the last girls. I'm in a class of boys as the majority, we only had 12 girls in the class, including one who's always not here due to some reasons. :) We were assigned to our seats and I REALLY GOT THE LEFT CORNER SEAT. 

The 'BAP' & 'Secret' in real life aren't really Kingkas and Queenkas where people really go crazy over them, but they were those who were popular among students and had many people having crushes on them or wanting to befriend them.

I didn't know the boys of 'BAP' existed during my previous year. I'm kinda oblivious to the people around me at times, especially 'Daehyun'. I didn't know he existed until this year. 'Youngjae', was one of the two boys who were from the same class as me the previous year. As for the other boys, I knew about them, but I didn't know their names. 'Daehyun' sits two seats away from me & the other boys sat around/ near him.

As for 'Secret', it was actually 'Zinger' who sat in front of me and 'Hyosung' sits next to her. 'Hyosung' really approached me on the first day. She's friends with the other three, but can't tolerate their behaviour sometimes. The other girls from 'Secret' are really close friends with 'BAP', especially 'Zinger' & 'Jieun'. 'Jieun' is one of the popular girls in our school. She's really nice and she's got the looks. Guys love her. She has another clique other than 'Secret'.  'Sunhwa' in real life, likes attention from boys and I don't know why.

'Nayoung' in actual fact, didn't really befriend me on the first day, but we got closer as time passed as we were seat partners in mother tongue class.

'Changsub' in real life, is shy and kind of quiet, but when you get to know him, he's disaster and kinda annoying at times, I swear.

P.S Many people tell me that I have a cold and fierce appearance when they first see me. My friends always tell me that I look like I want to pick up fights with people. *LOL* But I'm actually really nice. :p

*If you read the above, I just want to say a big thanks for sparing me some of your time.*

To all my dear readers,

E R R Y  C H R I S T M A S ! ! !

I heard it's White Christmas in Korea! Sad that it doesn't snow in my country.. 

If you liked my story, please subscibe and comment! ♥♥♥