Hurt

Friends Or More

-Daehyun’s POV-

School has always been boring for me. I don’t even think I need to attend school to achieve good results. The reason why I come to school is because BAP’s here, and if I don’t want to go to school even for a day, Himchan hyung will start nagging at me through the phone. What’s more, Soojung noona’s here.

School is the only time and chance I get to see Soojung noona other than going out on dates occasionally.

BAP always ask me why do we pretend not to know each other – they say it doesn’t bring us any benefits. I agree, but a relationship will last longer without others knowing a single about it. Furthermore, Soojung noona will be the one suffering from all the critics and bashes from my crazy fangirls. However, despite all the reasons I named, there’s one more.

Park Hyesun.

She’s the reason why I attend school ever since camp ended. It’s as though if I don’t come to school, she would suffer from injuries and falls. I know I have a girlfriend, but that doesn’t mean I can’t look at other girls right? Right…? I smacked myself right in the forehead.

*Soojung noona is the one I like right? Yes, so stop thinking about other girls now.*

I strolled off thinking about the pancake date tomorrow.

*Pancakes, it’ll be great if that pabo can come along…*

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was walking to class with BAP as Hyesun and Nayoung caught my attention, they were chatting outside the classroom while waiting for the previous class to leave.

I had a sudden urge to grab her attention.

As we were nearing the classroom, the students inside were already packing up and ready to leave. I walked over to the duo and interrupted their conversation by knocking my shoulder against Hyesun’s.

-Hyesun’s POV-

“Oh my god, did you watch INFINITE’s comeback stage yesterday? They looked so freaking ho- woah!” I immediately stopped in my words as I felt an impact at my shoulders. I turned my head around in perfect synchronization with Nayoung to figure out who was it that bumped into me, which resulted in an intense stare between Daehyun and me. The latter had his infamous smirk on his face and oh boy did he look hot.

*That smirk.*

I smiled inwardly to myself. He actually looks more attractive today. The penetrating stare was not broken off until I blurted out an apology to him.

*Pabo Park Hyesun! Why did you apologise?*

I hit my loosely clenched fist against the left side of my head and muttered ‘Pabo’ profusely. I just made a fool out of myself in front of Jung Daehyun.

There is it, I’ve just increased the chance of being teased by him once again.

However, under the deep stare and glaring of him earlier, a deep shade of pinkish red formed on my cheeks and I was starting to get really warm and uneasy.

Meanwhile, Nayoung was checking if I suffered from any bruises or injuries from the collision of our shoulders. However, she noticed my cheeks and grabbed my face between her two palms.

“Ya! Why are you blushing?” She shifted and turned by head from left to right to get a better look of the obvious symptoms of being me being shy.

I just kept mum and I glared across her shoulders to find Daehyun still smirking and staring at me.

*It was on purpose right?*

I rolled my eyes at him. I was pissed. Why did he do that? Was it because he thinks I’m easy to step over? Does everyone think of me of being selfless and that I’ve got no pride? First, I stopped talking to my best friend from last year and now him? Isn’t being laughed at when I was younger enough?

I turned my back at him and walked through the back door instead. For the rest of the lesson, I had zero interactions with him and unsurprisingly, I couldn’t focus in class as images and scenes of myself being laughed at when I was younger unveiled and replayed in my mind over and over again. The laughter of the children was something I doubt I’ll forget.

Nayoung figured out that something was wrong about me and kept asking me if I was feeling okay.

*No, I’m not and it’s all because of Jung Daehyun.*

“I’m fine, don’t worry.” I reassured Nayoung and gave her a slight nod.

-No one’s POV-

On the other hand, Daehyun was lost and uncertain at why Hyesun was all quiet all of a sudden. He was even more unsure of why he deserved the cold treatment from Hyesun.

*Did I do something wrong? Did I knock against her really hard? I only saw her stumble a little though…*

He didn’t like the cold treatment and awkwardness between the both of them.

He decided to confront Hyesun and ask what was wrong with her. He wanted to know why.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The bell rang for school dismissal and students literally threw their stuff into their bags and rushed out of the classroom. It was obvious that they had plans.

“Hyesun-ah! Do you want to grab some ice cream?” Nayoung asked her best friend who was in a daze, currently lost in her thoughts. Her things were still at their original position when class started. Her books weren’t even open.

*Something is definitely wrong with the pabo.* Nayoung shook her head and approached the oblivious girl.

“PARK HYESUN! DO YOU WANNA GO GET ICE CREAM!?” She shrieked into Hyesun’s ear.

She couldn’t help but feel guilty of her actions when she noticed Hyesun flinch due to the sudden loudness of her own voice.

“Oh, it’s okay, you may leave first.” Hyesun replied lifelessly.

“Are you really okay? It doesn’t seem to be the case for me.” Nayoung pouted in disappointment that her best friend is hiding something from her.

“It’s really nothing. Can you go with Hyosung unnie today? I want to be alone. Sorry…” Hyesun felt bad, but it’s just that her thoughts and memories were overtaking her and she needed some peace to clear her mind and to forget the things she thought she would never remember again.

“Okay, but if you ever need someone to talk to, I’m all ears.” Nayoung patted her bag and left.

Hyesun thought she was the only one left in class so she sighed and buried her head into her folded arms on the table and started sobbing. The painful memories kept revealing themselves again and again.

Suddenly, she felt someone’s palm on her shoulders. She looked up and wiped her tears immediately when she saw who it was.

Jung Daehyun.

“Are you alright? Why are you crying here all by yourself?” Daehyun asked in his ‘oh-so-gentle’ voice.

“Not for you to care.” Hyesun scoffed.

“Please make way, I need to leave now.” She continued while packing her bag frantically.

“Wait.” Daehyun grabbed her wrists before she could leave. Hyesun tried yanking her wrist away but Daehyun’s grip was too tight to break away from.

Hyesun shot Daehyun a death glare. If looks could kill, Daehyun would have been lying lifelessly on the ground by now.

“What do you want from me, jerk?” She asked coldly but emphasized on the last word.

Daehyun looked at her in disbelief.

“Mwoh?” He asked in disbelief, shocked at Hyesun’s choice of words. No one has ever called him a jerk. His grip on the female’s wrist became tighter.

“Jung Daehyun, are you that stupid and clueless? Don’t you have ears? Is repeating myself really necessary?” Hyesun asked softly that it almost came out as a whisper, but still, it was loud enough for Daehyun to hear.

This was the first time seeing Hyesun in this manner. She looked … different. It was as though Hyesun wasn’t Hyesun anymore.

“I advise you to take your words back before you regret.” It was Daehyun’s turn to become cold. “You wouldn’t want to experience what I’ll do to you.” He held onto Hyesun’s wrist so tightly that it would not be a surprise if a bruise appears sooner or later.

“I don’t take back my words. I suggest you to let go before I make you do it.”

“I’ll count to three, take back your words. One, two…” Hyesun still kept quiet even though she was shivering on the inside. Yes, she liked him. She would never want to show this side of her to Daehyun, but because he was the reason why the hurtful memories came back to her.

“Three.” Daehyun was speechless. He was expecting her to respond.

Before the female could react, Daehyun grabbed Hyesun’s bag from her and dragged her out of the classroom. He needed to talk to her, but no. Not in school.

“Where are you taking me, you jerk! Let go of me! People are staring!” Hyesun hissed as she was being pulled by Daehyun along the hallways. She was scared of what Daehyun was going to do to her next.

Despite hearing Hyesun, Daehyun pretended to not hear her and dragged her out of the school. He noticed people staring and he didn’t want to attract any unwanted attention, so he started increasing his speed, resulting in the both of them running.

They finally reached a back alley and Daehyun threw her forcefully against the wall. He finally let go of her wrist and slammed both of his palms by the side of Hyesun’s head, trapping her between his arms in result.

There was no chance for Hyesun to back away now. The duo panted heavily due to all the running.

Being taller than Hyesun, Daehyun stared down at Hyseun who was still in the midst of heavy panting. Her chest heaved up and down and her panting was audible. She was rubbing her now swollen wrist and hissed in pain she got in contact with the bruised parts.

Daehyun moved his body nearer to Hyesun and trapped her even more.

“Do you regret now?”

Hyesun ignored him and continued examining her swollen wrist. He positioned his face nearer to Hyesun that their noses would touch if either one of them moves an inch. The closeness was a little too uncomfortable for Hyesun, even though she knew in her heart that she should be happy that she is THAT close to her crush.

“Do you regret now? Daehyun asked again, this time a little louder.

Once again, his words fell on deaf ears.

“Why are you being like this all of a sudden? Care to explain? You talk to Nayoung, you talk to Hyosung noona, you even talked to Changsub, but you can’t even answer my simple question?”

He recalled the scenarios in class where Hyseun responded to what Changsub told her. She gave a small smile to Hyosung and Nayoung when they asked her if she was alright, but just not Daehyun. He couldn’t understand why he was suddenly treated differently from the others.

“Why do you even care?”

Yes, why did he care? He thought. He opened his mouth to say something but no words came out.

“Was it because of the push this morning?” He asked, avoiding Hyesun’s question.

“No.” As expected, a cold reply.

“Then?”

“I don’t know.”

“Don’t lie to me, you !” He increased his volume.

Hyesun was trying not to shout back at him, that’s why the short answers.

*He won’t understand.*

“Can you at least say something? I feel so accused!”

“It’s none of your business though.”

*She’s right. It’s none of my business.*

“I didn’t know that you’re such a petty person. I thought you were different, Park Hyesun.” The male scoffed.

That’s it. Hyesun couldn’t hold it in anymore.

“Petty? Yes, I’m petty! You happy now? I thought you were different too, Mr. Jung Daehyun! You’re just like the rest. You despise me right? You think I’m easy to step over and get bullied right? The push, it was on purpose right? Continue steeping over me okay? I allow you to! You, you are the reason why the memories came back to me all of a sudden! JERK!!!!” Hyesun blurted out of anger.

*And to even think I like you.*

“Wha-?” Daehyun couldn’t even finish his sentence as he got interrupted by Hyesun crying. His push didn’t mean to bring any harm to her. He just wanted her attention that’s all.

Hyesun pushed Daehyun away with all her might and roughly wiped of her tears with the back of her hand.

“Are you done? Am I allowed to leave?”

Daehyun stood still. He felt really bad that he was the cause of Hyesun being upset the whole day.

Hyesun awaited for his reply but he didn’t utter a single word. She got impatient and got ready to leave when Daehun grabbed her wrist again.

“Sorry, I didn’t mean to hurt you-”

“Save it.” Hyesun halted his words as she raised up her hand. Hyesun turned her back towards Daehyun and walked away.

*What's done has been done. No point apologising.*

She halted in her steps and said “By the way, I think your girlfriend saw you pulling me out of school.”

*Why do I even like you, Jung Daehyun. You do so many things to hurt me.*

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Long chapter up! I can totally feel the sense of acheivement. This chapter was a pleasant to write. :)

 

I wrote this chapter as I found a need to create a conflict. :P HAHAHA but I hope you guys have enjoyed this chapter as much as I enjoyed writing it!

 

BAP's comeback is daebakkkkkk~ Even though it's a pity that Himchan got hurt. :( But we BABYs will support and encourage him until he recovers right? :P

*spams channie's hearttttt*

Thanks for all the subscribes and reads! Very much appreciated! ^^