Promise

Friends Or More

-No One’s POV-

After the busy weekend, Hyesun was back to school. She went to her lockers immediately after steeping foot into the school. She did not know why she was rushing as she was always one of the earlier students to reach school even though school does not start about two hours later. All I can say is that she loves it when the classroom has no one but her.

Hyesun took her books she needed for first period and went to class. She placed her bag down and got herself seated comfortably. She took out her phone and glanced around the empty classroom.

“Since no one’s here yet, let’s listen to some music!” She muttered to herself.

She put her songs on shuffle and laid her head down on her table. That’s one advantage you get from arriving at school early – you get to nap for a while without being interrupted by the noise.

Soon, she fell asleep.


She was woken up by a light tap on her head. She took out her earpiece in response.

“Hyesun-ah, wake up. There’s still half an hour till the first period.” Nayoung softly said.

Nayoung was already used to Hyesun sleeping in the morning in class so she was her daily alarm clock – she wakes her up before the first teacher comes into class.

Hyesun groaned and stretched herself. She headed to the washroom to refresh herself before the first lesson starts.

She headed out of the classroom and closed the doors behind her.

She made her way to the washroom and met the BAP members who were on their way to class. Hyesun’s eyes met Daehyun’s but they did not acknowledge each other as Daehyun was busy chatting away with s. Hyesun was still half awake so she just pretended not to see them.


It was finally first period and it was homeroom class. Being the chairperson of the class, Daehyun was put in charge of all the administrative work. He went around the class collecting the monthly class funds and he gave out some things Mr. Kim instructed him to give out to the class.

She wondered how he always had this smile on his face even when the people around him were all looking tired and restless. Even though being the class chairperson was not a simple job, he seemed like he enjoyed being it. He frequently got reprimanded by teachers for not doing things properly – not keeping the class clean and not making sure that each teacher signs the class attendance before leaving the classroom. Yes, he got scolded for not doing to simplest things but he would just nod things off and got things done immediately. However, with the number of fangirls he had behind his back, people could not understand how teachers dared to scold him.

“Daehyun-ah, can you please help me collect the projects off every pair?” Mr. Kim instructed Daehyun.

“Ne~” He cheerily sang.

He finally reached Hyesun’s table and he greeted her good morning.

“Good morning, Park Hyesun.” He softly said, loud enough for Hyesun to hear.

“Morning…” Hyesun replied him, tired.

“Tired?” She nodded. “Me too.” He sighed.

“You? Tired? Really?” She asked, not believing him. “What did do last night?” Hyesun asked cheekily. To be honest, she thought Daehyun would just ignore her question but he proved her wrong, yet again. His reply was unexpected, to the extent that one would wonder if what he said was true or false.

“I was looking at your picture all night.” He smirked, leaving Hyesun all flustered by the sudden ‘confession’.

*W-w-what was that?*

“WOW!” Hyesun replied sarcastically as she knew he was kidding around, again. “How did you get my photo? You decided to stalk me up my social network accounts and stole one of my pictures?!”

“I have my ways.” He played around with his eyebrows a little.

-Hyesun’s POV-

“I was looking at your picture all night.” Daehyun smirked and I felt

*W-w-what was that?*

“WOW!” I replied sarcastically as I knew he was teasing me. “How did you get my photo? You decided to stalk me up my social network accounts and stole one of my pictures?!” I joked back.

“I have my ways.” He looked at me, amused.

I scoffed at him and return to what I was doing before he came.

“Oh, by the way, I’ve passed Mr. Kim our project already! I hope we’ll do well! Bbyong!” He went to another table.

 Second period was Geography – one of the subjects I got to love overtime. However, I hate Geography lessons as I had to separate myself from Nayoung as she did not choose Geography for her humanities class. She said that Geography was not her thing, so she chose History instead. Furthermore, I always had to sit alone during Geography lessons as many of the students had their friends with them so they would have occupied the front seats before I could even find one. Even if there were times if their friends were absent from school, no one would sit beside me as well.

*Maybe it’s time for me to make more friends.*

That’s why I have always envied the kingkas and queenkas of the school because popularity sure comes in handy at times, especially when you are in a class with students from different classes.

I dragged my feet across the hallways as I made my way to Geography class. I hated how long the hallway seemed to be – it seemed that it will never ever end. I walked at snail’s pace as I knew that even though if I reached class early, everyone would have been seated by then and I will be thrown to the back of the class, alone.

I knocked on the closed door and waited for the teacher to grant me permission for me to enter the class. Judging by how quiet the room was, lessons might have already started for a few minutes already.

“Come in.” I heard Mrs. Lee’s voice.

“Ne.” I gave a short but audible reply as I got ready to open the door with my head bowed low.

As I opened the door wide, curious looks fell on me.

“Ms. Park, do not be late again for the next lesson.” Mrs. Lee gave me a death glare. I tried to avoid eye contact with her as much as I could. “Ne. I’m sorry.”

Without hesitation, I walked down the embarrassing runway to the back of the class. As usual, there were a few empty seats at the back of the class.

*Ah, GREAT. I have extra seats to put my bag and books again!*

I sank into my seat and the lesson and Mrs. Lee continued with her lesson like nothing happened. My eyes scanned across the class; I had a good view of all the happenings in class as I could see every single thing from the back. I realized that the class was bigger than usual.

*Must be a combined class today.*

We had four classes for Geography and today, Mrs. Lee had to teach two classes as Mrs. Yoon was on medical leave that day.

I continued observing the people in the class while listening to Mrs. Lee blabber about rivers. Suddenly, a familiar blond head caught my eye, that blond head that I would recognize anywhere - Jung Daehyun.

Daehyun was one of the members in BAP who took Geography lessons but he was in Mrs. Yoon’s class, so we seldom meet each other.

As usual, he was not even concentrating. I seriously wonder how he can pass the subject when he does not even listen in class. He started flipping over the stationary cases of the people around him and I could not help but let out a muffled chuckle.

I unwillingly pulled my eyes of him and turn my vision to Mrs. Lee, who was engrossed in the lecture.

I listened attentively and made sure to not leave any important points or tips out.

However, I would be lying if I said I was not lonely. The empty seats around me made me feel like I was on a deserted island even though there was a sea of students in front of me. I could only let out a helpless sigh and scribbled through the whole lesson.

-Daehyun’s POV-

“Hey Daehyun! It’s a combined class today, we’ll be with Mrs. Lee’s class! Don’t be late!” Changsub informed me.

“Arraso!” I replied him half-heartedly as I was making sure the amount of money collected for the class fund was correct.


I quickly rushed to Mrs. Lee’s class as I was going to be late in another thirty seconds. I reached class in a blink of an eye and I am so lucky that there were still many empty seats.

The lesson started as soon as Mrs. Lee stepped foot into class. I got bored within the first few minutes of the lesson and could not refrain myself from fiddling and meddling with the things around me.

*Isn’t Hyesun supposed to be in Mrs. Lee’s class?*

I obviously saw her this morning during homeroom class and even conversed with her! There’s no possibility that she is away from school today. How can a ‘nerd’ like her be late for class. She looked so afraid the precious time she was late for class.

Out of a sudden, a clear but timid knock on the door was heard.

“Come in.” Mrs. Lee instructed in return.

“Ne.” A nervous reply was heard.

*There’s Hyesun!*

My eyes followed closely along every action she did.

After Mrs. Lee dismissed her to go to her seat, I could see that she does not even need to choose a seat or even look for a seat as all the front seats were already occupied by the students, except a few, which I guess, are supposed to be reserved for the other classmates who were late as well.

*How rude. At least pretend to volunteer the seat.*

I wonder what was Hyesun feeling now. She must be feeling so dejected. However, she looked like she was so used to it already, that she immediately went to the last seat at the back of the classroom where there were sufficient seats for her and her belongings.

I glanced at her helplessly. How I wish I could just head over to her now and seat myself beside her. I want her to know that she is never alone.

I looked at her face which had ‘lonely’, ‘bored’ and ‘help’ written all over her face. I wanted to sit beside her badly, but what would others think of us if I would to sit beside her? What’s more, Hyesun might get hurt.

I felt apologetic towards her.

I’m so sorry, Hyesun-ah, I really want to sit beside you but I don’t know what is stopping myself either.

Perhaps next time.

Next time, I won’t care what others say and I’ll boldly go over to your side.

I promise.


It's me again guys! Finally I'm updating.

 

I was having a minor writer's block and I'm so glad that i managed to finish writing this chapter! ^^

Thank you to all of you wonderful people out there for sticking with me even though I'm always inconsitent with my updates! Till the next chapter! xx