Late

Friends Or More

 

-Hyesun’s POV-

“Umma! I’m leaving for school! See you tonight!” I called out across the living room, I was running late.

I did not hear my alarm go off this morning and I overslept. My parents thought I did not need to attend school that day so they did not wake me up.

“Arraso! Hurry off!” She waved to my slowing disappearing back.

I did not have time to tie up my hair into the usual ponytail so I made do with just brushing my hair, letting it fall to my shoulders. My dad left for work and I had to run to school because I was sure that the train stations and bus stops would be too crowded, not to say squeezing into the vehicle. I kept running but my fringe kept getting into my way. The strands of hair blocked my vision as a gust of wind blew.

“Aish! Stupid hair!” I growled as I used my fingers to comb the ‘obstruction’ to the side.

By the time I arrived at school, I was already ten minutes late. I stood by the main gate to catch my breath before dashing up a flight of stairs to reach the forth storey.

At times like this, I really hate that my class is located on the forth storey.

I halted in my fast footsteps when I reached the door of my homeroom class. I conducted a breathing exercise on my own. Somehow, I felt like a fool doing it all alone but I was lucky that no one was by the corridors to witness my stupidity. I quickly adjusted my uniform. I made sure to straighten any visible creases and brushed off any speck of dirt from the tedious running. I let my fingers comb through my hair before lifting my fist up to knock on the door.

“Come in.” I heard Mr. Kim permit after a timid knock was heard.

I slowly opened the door as I peeped through and came to a sight of a stern face with fine wrinkles.

I bowed and apologized with some trace of embarrassment under the intense glares of my classmates.

*I hate attention.*

Nayoung caught my attention and we both shrugged at each other. Was I supposed to say anything? Furthermore, it’s only my first time being late!

Mr. Kim cleared his throat as his soft voice boomed across the classroom due to the overwhelming silence, “Ms. Park?”

“N-Ne?” I tried my best to avoid eye contact with him.

“First semester and you’re late. I’ll see you for detention this afternoon!”

I stared wide-eye at Mr. Kim, obviously shocked.

“Detention?” I questioned in disbelief. “It’s my first time though!”

“Not an excuse for being late! Go back to your seat and take out your textbook!”

“Detention… There goes my clean record.” I cursed under my breath.

I went to my seat and Mr. Kim continued with his Math lesson.

He teaches us ‘Bore’. Yes, bore was a subject. It teaches us how to sleep in class without getting caught, talk to your friends without being heard and also eat without being noticed. I seriously think that our class is filled with pros already.

From far, I could see Nayoung waving at me.

‘Couldn’t wake up?’ She mouthed as she placed her palms together by her cheeks. I nodded in response and scratched the back of my head.

Someone tapped on my desk and turned to look at him.

“Good morning!” He chuckled. “You’re not the only one late.” Changsub whispered to me and used his chin to point at an empty seat.

I look around the empty seats and started counting.

“One, two, three, four, five…” I paused after realizing who it was.

There were only five blonds present.

The tough blond was present; the motherly blond was present; the smartass blond was present; the fittest blond was present; and the youngest blond was present – so it was only left with the most popular and arrogant blond.

“I was also shocked when I found out that one of them isn’t here yet.” Changsub shrugged.

“Maybe he’s sick?”

“I doubt so, the others didn’t report him as sick, so I bet he’s gonna be late AS WELL.” He emphasized on the last two words.

I snickered back at him and faked a punch and kick. He obliged by faking back reactions. Sometimes, Changsub was a really fun person to be with. He is not that quiet as people think he is, but sometimes I also wonder how someone like him is also a half-kingka alongside BAP.

Suddenly the door banged open and a panting Daehyun appeared. His hair was in a big mess. Kingka at his worst, I see. However, the other girls think otherwise. Whispers and squeals were heard as wide grins formed on their faces.

“Omo! He’s so hot!”

“I know! Wish he was my boyfriend…”

*Pssh, possessive fangirls.*

I rolled my eyes at each comment.

*He does look a little hot though…*

“Mr. Jung! Why are you late! You are the chairperson of the class!” Mr.Kim’s loud voice was heard once again.

“I overslept cause I spent the whole night doing homework given by you~” He had a little hope in Mr. Kim letting this pass.

“This doesn’t work on me, Mr. Jung. Reason not accepted. Detention after school with Ms. Park over there, is that clear?” He ordered.

Daehyun stared at me as though he was thinking how a “nerd” like me would also be late.

“Ne…” Daehyun’s sigh was loud enough for all of us to hear.

I could sense his fangirls shooting daggers at me and some were starting to get jealous.

“Lucky her, she gets to have detention with our Dahyun oppa…” One sighed dreamingly.

“Who is she to be with him?” Some scoffed.

I blew at my bangs. What’s wrong with them? What’s so good about having detention?

While Daehyun was walking to his seat, he mouthed at me, “You late too?”

I gave an awkward nod and shrugged.

He looked at me, amused. He had that infamous smirk on.

-Daehyun’s POV-

I slammed the door open and curious eyes fell on me. I was panting really heavily as I ran all the way from the train station to school.

I tried using aegyo towards Mr.Kim, only to receive detention in return.

I forgot that he wasn’t like Mrs. Lee, she never gives me detention every time I was late in her class. I have my ways.

Surprisingly, Hyesun was late as well. I didn’t expect someone as ‘obedient’ as her to be late for school, not even serve detention. It’s great though, I can get to know her better.

-Hyesun’s POV-

It was finally lunch break and every one rushed out of the classroom.

*It’s not like the cafeteria will grow legs and run away, people.*

Waiting for each other was our normal routine now, so that we could all go to the canteen together.

While Nayoung and I were walking in front of BAP and Secret – who were surrounded by a sea of fans, Nayoung told me that she couldn’t wait for me to finish serving detention after school for our ice-cream date as she had to help her mum prepare dinner as she had guests visiting that night.

I ensured her that it was okay and that I would just head home alone. She apologized profusely even though I told her continuously that it was okay. She finally gave in when I told her we could have it the next day or so.

Nayoung told me that I looked better with my hair not tied up and that I should do it more often. I waved it off and told her I did not have the time to tie my hair that morning because I was running late but all she do was to pretend not to hear me.

I felt a nudge at my waist and realized it was Daehyun. I’ve got to say we became a little more comfortable and we are not that awkward anymore. Maybe it was just me, being an awkward person I was.

“Late eh?” He joked by my ear.

“You too?” I scoffed.

“We’re different.” He continued. “It’s kinda unexpected for you to be late for school though. I mean like, it’s not my first time being late but it’s your first.”

“Whatever.” I stuck out my tongue at him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Break was finally over and Nayoung and I had different classes as BAP and Secret except for Hyosung.

We bid each other goodbye and Daehyun came forward to me.

He ruffled my hair and said, “See you during detention later!”

I gave a sarcastic smile, knowing that he was trying to make me think of myself have a ‘late’ in my attendance record.

He whispered by my ear, “By the way, you look hot with your hair down.”

I froze.

*H-h-hot?!*

I intended to knock on his head, only to find him walking to his next class with the others already.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I'm back with a new chapter! ^^

I guess some of you are already expecting what will happen in the next chapter! :p

 

Before signing off, I just want to say a very big Thank You to all my readers out there! I got a shock when i realised the increase in views for the previous chapter! It was really unexpected. It may not be a lot, but nearing 300 views for one chapter posted is a great achievement and motivation for me. :) I hope you'll enjoy the upcoming chapters and I really can't thank you guys enough. :)

 

Thank you for reading, subscribing and commenting! ^^

And lastly,

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YONGGUK!

Happy birthday to our best leader and his twin brother! Thanks for making BAP such a group worth loving and all. Continue striving hard towards your dreams and we love you!!!! ^^ :p