Forgiveness

Friends Or More

 

-No one’s POV-

While Hyesun was making her way up the stairs with her heart filled with anticipation and curiosity, a specific someone was busy preparing and getting ready to be forgiven by her.

“Hyung, hurry up! She’s going to come up very soon!” He ordered the older guy around.

“Arraso! Can you at least do something than standing there doing nothing except ordering us around?” Yongguk replied.

He looked around frantically to find something to do.

“Hey, you sure you’re not interested in her? You’re doing too much to earn forgiveness from someone who’s nothing more than a classmate!” Youngjae questioned.

*I don’t know either…*

-Hyesun’s POV-

I was climbing up the stairs with wild guesses conquering my mind. Was I expecting something?

“Yah, Park Hyesun! You’re just curious to know who ‘D’ is!” I knocked myself on my head. I was feeling nauseous from the overwhelming anticipation and anxiety.

*Should’ve asked Nayoung if she wanted to tag along.*

I finally reached the door to enter the rooftop garden after minutes of tedious climbing of the stairs.

*There goes nothing.*

I opened the door and I stood there with my mouth agape. The rooftop garden that everyone has forgotten was decorated with purple balloons and streamers. I heard something rolling towards me and I glance down at my feet.

“Another lollipop?” I stared at the piece of candy that stopped at my feet. I unwrapped the lollipop and popped the piece of heaven into my mouth. I looked around, hoping to find the person behind all these but no avail.

I was getting bored of waiting, so I fished out my cellphone and listened to music. I hummed along to the songs, allowing the soulful voices of the singers seep into me.

After a few songs, I heard someone clear his throat, his shadow towering me. Like every single human being out there will do, I looked up.

*What is Jung Daehyun doing here?*

“Yah, Jung Daehyun! What are doing here?” I shouted and pushed him away from me.

“Yah! Do you have to shout? I just wanted to apologize!”

“I said that I won’t accept your apology! Were you behind all these? You’re ‘D’?”

Daehyun nodded, with an awkward smile on his face. I melted a little inside.

“I shouldn’t have come up, tch.” I scoffed and stood up, preparing to walk away from the awkward situation.

Just went I brushed across him, he said with a tint of sadness, “I broke up with Soojung noona.”

I halted in my steps.

*Should I be happy or…*

“So? So what if you broke up with her? It doesn’t concern me, does it?”

“Yup, it doesn’t concern you, but can you at least listen to my apology? At least give me a chance to explain myself.” Daehyun’s voice drifted away as he spoke.

“Okay, shoot.” I decided to give him a chance. Maybe it was me who misunderstood everything.

-Daehyun’s POV-

My heart skipped a beat when I heard Hyesun say that she would give me a chance to explain.”

“So…’ I started off timidly. I muffled a chuckle, knowing Hyesun was listening to me. “I’ve heard about your past and I didn’t know that what I did could bring so much hurt and pain to you.”

“Wait, you heard about my past? Who told you?” She asked, raising her eyebrows.

“Erm… I kind of asked Nayoung.” I scratched the back of my head.

“Aish, that pabo.” I heard her whisper.

-Flashback-

Nayoung was packing up her stuff, ready to return home and I approached her.

“Nayoung-ssi?” I tapped her on her shoulder.

“Ne, Daehyun-ssi?” She jumped at the sudden contact. Did I scare her?

“I just want to ask you things regarding Hyesun.”

“Oh? Hyesun? As in Park Hyesun?” She had disbelief written all over her face. She gave me a weird look and I could totally read her mind. It was simple. She must be thinking why Jung Daehyun, the kingka of TS High would approach her, and worst, ask her about her best friend, who was just a normal student – a nobody.

“Yes.” She signaled me to continue. “I bumped into her on purpose a few weeks back and Hyesun has been ignoring me ever since that happened.”

“Oh! No wonder she was all sad and moody! So it was you!” She was starting to get a little worked up.

“Ah, ye. Can you tell me why?”

“Oh my god, Jung Daehyun, you messed up big time…” She then continued to tell me about why Hyesun reacted in that manner.

I nodded along as Nayoung told me every single detail.

*No wonder she’s her best friend.*

“Yup, so that’s about it.”

“Alright, thanks for being willing to talk to me.” I flashed her my eye smile.

“No problem, but may I know why are you asking? I mean like, you aren’t even that close to her and as far as I know, she’s nothing related to you except being classmates.”

Yes, why did I ask so much? Why was I trying so hard to ask for forgiveness from Hyesun? She's nothing more than a classmate right?

Many whys appeared in my mind.

“Ahhh, about that - I just want to make things right, cause Hyesun seems totally out of it these days, and I hope to clear up misunderstandings.”

“Okay! Good luck in trying!” She waved goodbye to me and left, leaving me alone in class to ponder over the things I could do to resolve the problem.

-End of flashback-

“Am I forgiven?” I gave a smile, with eyes filled with hope.

“Uh-huh!” She nodded.

SHE NODDED!!! YESSAH!!!

“That’s it?” I couldn’t believe that I was forgiven so easily.

“Yup.”

“You’re going to forgive me that easily?”

*That was easy...*

“Are you expecting a no?” She threw daggers at me.

“Ah! Aniyo! Thanks for forgiving me!” I bowed to her unknowingly.

*Why am I always loosing myself in front of her?*

“No problem, I’m not one who holds grudges anyway.” She clucked her tongue.

I was about to skip away happily when she called out for me.

“Daehyun-ssi! Wait up!” She was running towards me, with her fringe getting messed up by the wind each second. She was adorably holding onto the strands of hair.

“Neh?” I talked to her comfortably since I was already forgiven.

She gently took my hand on by my side and placed a lollipop into it.

“Thanks for the lollipops! You can have one.” She mumbled, almost inaudible but I managed to figure out what she was trying to say. She chuckled and bowed at me, before running towards the door to exit the rooftop garden, with balloons in her hands.

*I finally found out her weaknesses.*

“U-u-o-h-Ye!” I stuttered, only to realize she was already gone.

I looked around and scratched my head as though I was lost. She ignored me for weeks and no one told me it was that easy to earn her forgiveness?

I blew a raspberry and pushed the door opened, heading off to meet the other members.

*They’re right. Why was I doing so much to ask for Hyesun’s forgiveness?*

-Hyesun’s POV-

I had to forgive him right? It’s been weeks and I see no point in ignoring him anymore. He did so much.

 I looked at the balloons which I had a tight grip on.

*Why was Daehyun doing so much to earn my forgiveness?*

I shook away the thought.

He said he asked Nayoung right? Maybe he’s just sorry.

I heaved out a sigh and went home, skipping my way back with the purple balloons that made my day, tightly held on to.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey readers! We've met again! Time flies, doesn't it! Finally an update! HAHAHA Sorry if this was boring. :p But I hope you've enjoyed it anyhows! ^^

 

Thanks for all the comments, reads and subscribes! ^^

P.S Happy birthday to Mir and Peniel!! ^^