Chapter 9: Between details and rising jealousy

A melody that calls out to us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

If I could have killed him at that moment without regrets then I would have…ok, maybe killing would be too extreme, perhaps hit him really really hard, I would have, but taking into consideration the fact that they had another comeback stage tonight, the thought of making Boices sad made me reconsider the idea.

“Let me correct that” I said as I rose to my feet, “We didn’t kiss, you kissed me, which is different, what’s the point in mentioning it anyway?”

“That doesn’t change the fact that—“

“That what? I told you to stay away!” I was about to push him out of the room when I saw Minhyuk standing up from the bed, his expression showed concern, the tense atmosphere that filled the room was not easy to tolerate. Plus I had told him that I didn’t want to see Jonghyun and then he comes and blurts out that we kissed, yeah, I bet Minhyuk saw me either as a liar or as a stupid girl.

“Um…I guess I’ll leave you two alone, so you can fix your problems” he finally mentioned as he walked out of the room without looking at either of us.

“See what you did there? You are not only a jerk to me but to Minhyuk as well” he stared at me with his eyes opened wide and shook his head no in response.

“I’m not”

“Why mention the kiss then?” I inquired, anger had never taken over me for that long, but this time I wasn’t angry at Jonghyun because he did something to me, this time I was angry at him because for some reason or another I noticed how his words bothered Minhyuk. He had told me how he didn’t want to make me feel bad due to their presence at my flat, but I just knew how guilty he felt because everything turned out into fights between me and Jonghyun in a matter of hours.

Jonghyun didn’t say anything, I knew he was just there to bother me, but not knowing what he was really thinking was getting me frustrated, I didn’t know why, but his words were not only hurting me, and that was getting a little out of hand. Minhyuk didn’t have anything to do with our fights, he didn’t have to get involved or hear us shout; especially if this was the last time we were going to see each other, because personally, I didn’t want to cross paths with Jonghyun again.

Boice was still going to be my fandom, but being this close to Lee Jonghyun…no, that wasn’t going to happen anymore.  I didn’t want to be in the same room with Jonghyun again, sure, he was handsome, had been my boyfriend at some point and a lot of girls would like to stand close to him like I was at that moment, but his attitude was getting out of hand, everything was going out of hand.

“P.E class, cooking class, etc” I suddenly mentioned.

“Eh?” Jonghyun looked at me, surprised. For a while there I thought he had forgotten what I was talking about but then he gasped, eyes widening in shock “Did Minhyuk injure himself?” he asked.

“Yes, he cut his finger with a knife, happy?”

“Of course not!”

I sighed and glared at him, “And you were being a jerk over nothing, and I don’t even have to explain things to you, but I’m only doing this for Minhyuk who didn’t deserve to listen to all of your nonsense”

Jonghyun bit his lips and rushed to the living room, probably in a hurry to go and apologize to Minhyuk, at least I hoped that it was like that. Finally closing the door behind me, I leaned against and slid to the floor, my eyes were on the ceiling, blank –I wanted my mind to be as blank as the ceiling at that moment but there were so many things making me feel uneasy, and all of my thoughts were on Jonghyun and reassuring myself how much of a jerk he was.

Why though? Why change? Sometimes I was able to see the old Jonghyun, or maybe…maybe he was still there, but he just deliberately treated me like crap in front of others, I didn’t know. I glanced at the clock and went to my closet to change my clothes, I wanted to leave a good impression on CNblue –wait …CNBlue hadn’t left my flat… I brought my hands to my face in frustration, wishing that Yonghwa and Jungshin hadn’t heard a thing.

I quickly changed and went to the living room, in fact Yonghwa and Jungshin were there, I bowed respectfully, “Good morning, Yonghwa-ssi, Jungshin-ssi” I looked at the table and saw how breakfast was already served “Did you cook all of this, Minhyuk oppa?” I asked as I glanced at him, who was sitting on the sofa next to Jonghyun, they didn’t seem to be fighting, perhaps Jonghyun had already apologized.

He looked up and nodded, his calm look was there, thank goodness, “Yeah, how do you think I hurt myself?”

“I should have been up earlier…”

Yonghwa then interrupted me, “You’ve already done a lot for us by letting us stay over”

“Really?” I replied, he then did something that surprised me and made me fangirl inside, he patted me on my head, Jung Yonghwa patted me on the head, I couldn’t be any happier, I shyly smiled and looked to the floor.

“I’m glad I could help…” I saw how Minhyuk smiled to himself, I knew he was aware of what I was thinking, I knew he knew that I was fangirling inside.

“I guess we should leave! We’ve been a burden so far!” Yonghwa exclaimed, “It was nice meeting you though, hope we can hang out together some time, if you are friends with Minhyuk and Jonghyun then everything is fine”

Friends with Minhyuk, that was right, Jonghyun? He just was my ex and nothing more but I still smiled at Yonghwa, “Thank you Yonghwa-ssi, I’m so happy I could meet you”

Jungshin suddenly jumped in, “If there’s something we can do to thank you be sure to let us know, maybe we can keep in touch, it’s nice making new friends”

I was taken aback but nodded, Jung Yonghwa and Lee Jungshin were being so nice to me, it was something that I could have never imagined. They then picked up their guitars and bid me farewell for the meantime. The only ones that remained in the room were us three, Minhyuk, Jonghyun and I.

I glared at Jonghyun as soon as Yonghwa and Jungshin  left the flat, “Apologized already?” I said as I glanced at Jonghyun.

“He did” Minhyuk quickly defended Jonghyun, it was a little strange. I stared at him, not fully believing him.

“Did he?”

Jonghyun and him nodded at the same time, “It’s alright if you want to make up guys, and Jonghyun remembered our

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter