Chapter 13: Like a Black Flower

A melody that calls out to us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter
MINHYUK

Perhaps it wasn’t such a bad idea talking to her in a public place, perhaps those girls entering the cafe were sent by fate. Perhaps luck was on my side and maybe… maybe destiny was trying to give me some minutes of happiness with the person I liked. Because I liked her, after all, I couldn’t deny that fact, I liked her.

After all of these years, I just kept on liking her. Even if she was Jonghyun’s ex... I liked her.

Nothing was planned at all and everything I did was because of what was going on at that moment, the hug, the pretend to be couple fake so as to confuse those fans that entered the place. However the kiss attempt…that –I wasn’t sure if it was right, but having her face so close to mine and our lips about to touch even if everything was nothing but a set-up, that just showed me how much she trusted in me, she trusted me enough to allow me to come as close, she trusted me as a friend, she would allow me to bring her close to me and I could just feel she knew that even if the gap that separated us was a 5, 4 or 3 cm gap, she knew that I wouldn’t kiss her.

In a way it made me happy to see the blind trust she had in me but it also made me realize that I had been friendzoned, and that it would always be like that; it was just like the time we spent the night over, she was confident enough in sitting over me without any care just like now, her eyes closed, confident enough that I wouldn’t dare place a kiss on her lips, no matter how real we wanted this fake to be. It wasn’t as though I was going to either…as much as I wished to, that would be the closest I could ever get, I wasn’t going to take advantage of her trust. No, I wasn’t like that. No, she was my friend’s ex above all.

We left the café walking hand in hand so as to make everything believable in the eyes of those girls, who were still making a fuss about everything, she quietly looked behind.

“I think I made them mad…” she whispered.

“No, I made them mad, but we don’t know them so…”

She looked up to me and tried to fake a smile but it was like a little bit of guilt was growing inside of her, then she just giggled to herself, “I’m taking their ‘oppa’ away from them” she declared. I blinked at her comment before I laughed alongside her.

Putting an arm over her I brought her close and started walking away from that place, “No you aren’t, I was your ‘oppa’ first, isn’t that right?”

“You’re public property now”

“Why are you making me feel less special to you now?”

“Those aren’t my intentions, at all”

We continued walking for a while, still trying to be alert in case anyone recognized me. As we were making our way along the streets we ended running into someone…that I would have never thought I would run into. She had accidentally bumped at her and that person looked up, her eyes were the same as 5 years ago, her curly brown hair…those eyes you can’t easily forget, she looked almost like a doll.

“Oh gosh I’m sorry…” she started apologizing, apparently not being able to recognize her.

“No don’t worry at all it was my fault I – You?”

She looked up “…Jinae? Kwon… Jinae?”

That Jinae girl nodded enthusiastically, “Yes! Yes it’s me, I haven’t seen you since we graduated from high school! It’s been so long”

Kwon Jinae, that was the name of her female best friend, the one she used to tell everything to, Jinae then looked at me dumbfounded “M-Minhyuk-ssi?! Kang Minhyuk? Oh my God what are you doing here?!”

“Don’t be so loud Jinae, please” she mentioned, she looked kind of happy to see her best friend after many years.

“Oops sorry” she giggled, “Really though, Minhyuk-ssi, what are you doing here?”

“Um…just hanging out with her? Is it weird?”

“N-no of course not, but you know… you being a celebrity now and all… it’s a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter