Chapter 6: Silence can say more than words

A melody that calls out to us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

JONGHYUN

 

I could have sworn that a smirk was drawn across my face when I said that she dated me, and I couldn’t fully understand what was wrong with me in the first place, perhaps I wanted to make her mad for some reason, and  to be honest, I think I succeeded.

Her face was bright red with anger and her eyes were shooting daggers at me, Yonghwa and Jungshin were staring from me to her in total disbelief, really? Why would they think that she was Minhyuk’s girlfriend? That  didn’t make sense from my point of view, perhaps because I knew how things were back then…perhaps her subtle and tender way of behaving towards Minhyuk was misleading.

Guess that I just really HAD to blurt that out, I felt as though I had achieved something great, until the moment where she kicked me from the other side of the table.

“You are such an idiot! How can you say that in front of CNblue?!”

I sighed, exasperated “Hey I’m a part of CNBlue as well, what’s the big deal? We dated, isn’t it true?”

“I totally knew you were a jerk…” she then stood up and bowed to Yonghwa and Jungshin, “I’m very sorry for this scene, I’m really sorry”

Yonghwa stopped her from doing that, a kind smile on his face, I tried not to mind it though and let it slide, it was Yonghwa hyung, not like there was something that I had to be worried about, it’s not like he was her favourite CNBlue member…wait, was she even a BOICE to begin with? I hadn’t got to ask her that, but it wasn’t like she was going to talk to me anyway, not after what I had just done.

Minhyuk just gave me a serious look from where he was, he stood up and made her sit again, “It’s ok, it’s ok, the information won’t be leaked or anything don’t worry” he said smiling.

“It’s not like it’s worth leaking anyway” I murmured.

“I totally heard you, Lee Jonghyun!” she yelled.

“Oh gosh this is so funny” I suddenly said.

“You truly are a jerk” she said, still very annoyed.

“Guys, please stop, let’s just enjoy our meal”  Minhyuk pleaded, he was already looking worried that we would start shouting more, so I just gave in, I had already annoyed her way too much, why? That goes beyond me, I had no idea why I was reacting that way.

After the meal we 5 went to sit at the living room, it was already getting late and we were deciding where each of us was going to sleep.

“I have an spare room with a bed just in case I have guests..but I don’t think you 4 will be comfortable enough…maybe 2 of you” she mentioned.

“Um, what if we let Yonghwa hyung and Jungshin sleep there? Jonghyun and I can sleep outside” Minhyuk suggested.

“I don’t mind” I said.

“Are you sure Minhyuk?” Yonghwa asked.

“Yeah, it’s really ok to me, I can sleep at the sofa”

“And Jonghyun can sleep on the floor…” she suddenly said.

“No, what if you sleep on the floor and I sleep on your bed?” I replied back.

“I’d rather have Minhyuk sleep in my bed instead of you!” she retorted, my eyes opened wide when she said so, she would rather have Minhyuk sleep on her bed? What kind of answer was that? I thought I was hallucinating when I listened that, I thought I hadn’t listened well, my eyes then went to Minhyuk and I thought I saw his cheeks turning red.

Perhaps it was just my imagination. He looked from one side to the other and suddenly clapped and put an end to the awkward silence “Alright! We’ll sleep at the sofa and Yonghwa hyung and Jungshin take the room..hehe” that nervous laugh that followed made me question what he was thinking at that moment but I just didn’t mind it.

She then went to prepare the room and we said goodnight to each other, she entered her room and brought some blankets, she handed Minhyuk some and then tossed me some as well.

“Be glad that I’m not telling you to sleep outside” she hissed, I rolled my eyes and bit my lips, “As long as you don’t do anything to my guitar, we’re cool”

“I’m not as mean as you” she said before leaving to her room, I jumped towards the sofa and turned around, hoping that Minhyuk wouldn’t mention anything regarding what had happened.

“Night Minhyuk”

“Goodnight, Jonghyun hyung…” he slowly said

MINHYUK

 

I saw how Jonghyun hyung turned around and probably started to sleep, I looked at the ceiling and put my hand over my forehead, the day was finally coming to an end and these past few hours were really…how to put it, stressing.

I really didn’t know they hated each other that much, but for some reason…I was a little relieved that it was like that and that she didn’t run into his arms as soon as she saw him. My mind was a bit of a mess, I couldn’t think straight, I didn’t know

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter