Chapter 2: ''Beautiful day?... guess not

A melody that calls out to us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

I was panicking and freezing cold. Right at that moment, the first thought that came to mind was wishing for earth to swallow me at that very second before seeing him again. It's not that we were on bad terms, it wasn’t the fact that I disliked him, it's not that I didn't want to see my best friend after so many years. But it was precisely that, some years had passed since we had last seen each other--and even if it was Minhyuk, all memories would rush like crazy and make me feel uneasy. 

He was the only one I sort of kept in touch with after graduating,we kept on talking some months after that. It only lasted for a while until I finally lost all contact with him and then, CNBlue happened. Back then I gave him my adress before coming to Seoul, I thought there was no problem in him having it, but he wasn’t an idol back then.

My head hurt so much, even before I got to see him again. I suddenly felt very pressured. I was just worried about fangirls following him and finding out where I lived, I was scared to death. However, the fear became even bigger when the doorbell rang.

I wanted to hide, but I had told him it was ok for him to come to my place, and he seemed to have some problems at that moment. I couldn't just turn my back on my best friend.

I gathered some courage and headed to the door, reaching for the doorknob and slowly opening the door. ‘’Yes?’’ I asked in a low tone and looking to the floor. Perhaps I didn’t want to meet his gaze again, perhaps I didn’t want the memories to start rushing like crazy, or who knows, perhaps I was just simply afraid.

I then felt someone patting my head and my eyes opened wide because of that soft touch. I couldn’t bring myself to look at him.

“Well… you haven’t changed at all in these years…" I heard his soft voice speaking to me, his hand patting my head just like he used to do "Hey, aren’t you going to say a thing?’’ 

“… It’s been a while Minhyuk-oppa’’ I replied nervously and finally gathered the courage to look at him.

‘’Why are you afraid? Aren’t we friends?’’ he curiously asked.

Friends, yes…indeed we were, or had been at some time back in school, I silently nodded and saw him standing in front of me with a huge smile on his face. A smile filled with tenderness and that could melt even the coldest of hearts, yes, that was the smile that he, Kang Minhyuk, had.

‘’ So…what’s the problem…why call me out of the blue after so many years…?” I asked as I somehow tried blocking the door. He gave me a curious look and with his right hand lowered my arm that was blocking the door.

“We lost the key to our dorm”

“…what? We?...we as in… you and your group?”

He nodded and sighed as he walked a little closer towards me ‘’Yeah, our manager left it somewhere, and you know, it’s late to call someone to help us fix that problem…”

I was listening to him, and was hoping he

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter