Chapter 5: Between fights and memories

A melody that calls out to us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

JONGHYUN

Silence. I hated silence. But I guess my question caught her off-guard…no, it definitely did. For a minute there, I wanted to erase everything that I had done.

“Jonghyun-ah…”

But seriously that was a question that I just had to ask, I mean, the way she reacted to what I had asked… she just trembled…but she was so cold when she got to talk…when out of her lips the word that came out was that simple ‘no’…

“Jonghyun-ah?”

Did she really forget me? I guess I really did something bad, perhaps she even thought that my feelings back then where nothing but mere lies. Well, she had the right to, after what I did to her, her behavior was to be expected, I didn’t know what answer I was hoping for… a ‘yes, I am still in love with you?’…that? was I waiting for that answer? Then again, if she did say so, what was I going to do? Things weren't really the same.

“Hey Jonghyun wake up!”

I looked up to see  Yonghwa giving me a curious look, I had forgotten I was at the living room with him and Jungshin.

“I’m sorry, what is it?”

“Hyung…” Jungshin started as he rested his head on one of his hands, “You were off in dreamland, something wrong?”

Haha…wrong, all my life was wrong because of being here right now, “No…why would there be something wrong?” I tried covering it up.

“Well you see, there was something that got us curious…” Yonghwa said as he walked around her flat as though he was trying to solve a mystery. “Why would you follow Minhyuk’s friend to the kitchen?”

Ugh not THAT question, why would Yonghwa ask that out of everything he could have asked me?...wait, was I that obvious in following her? Perhaps it was because of her hostility towards me?

“Well I…”

“Dinner’s ready!” I heard Minhyuk shout from inside the kitchen, I sighed in relief because Yonghwa and Jungshin went to sit at the table as soon as they heard what Minhyuk had said. At least he saved me from more questions, I stood up and saw how he was helping her out to get the table ready, her attitude towards him was different, but of course it was, he was best friends with her all the  time, and it seemed like it would still be that way after all of these years.

Whereas I… to her I… I was only the jerk that decided to leave her after promising to be forever with her.

--

YOU

I happily set the table ready for my guests, the awesome CNBlue, minus Jonghyun of course, he wasn’t awesome, he was just a jerk that didn’t deserve to be with them, I mean his voice was great… his skills with the guitar were outstanding, but he was a jerk. To me, Minhyuk was the one that had to be with them, but what can you do against cruel reality?

I was happily talking to Minhyuk as he helped me out with everything, until I noticed Jonghyun staring at me from the sofa, I was totally angry at him because of his sudden actions, of course, he wanted to make me feel more miserable than I already was, the sight of him disgusted me enough and for him to have touched me like that was something that made me cringe.

Even if… even if I really loved his hugs and linking hands with him back in high school, perhaps at this point my dislike had reached its limit, I mean even if we tried talking like normal people would do, perhaps the question had made me insta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter