Chapter 15: Oh my darling, Hey you

A melody that calls out to us
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jinae, Jinae, I was so happy to see her once again, it really brought a lot of good memories of my high school years, it had been 5 years ever since but I felt that our connection was like it was when we were younger. She was pretty as ever with that dark brown curly hair of hers and those sparkling eyes, I still can’t figure out why she never dated anyone back in high school, especially since she had told me she had a crush on Minhyuk. Well, there were a lot of things I actually couldn’t understand when I was at high school, perhaps I was way too dense to understand everything that was going around me.

I was a little worried about Minhyuk though, he seemed like he didn’t want to spend some time with Jinae but in reality I had to rush back home, apparently there was something Jonghyun had left for me at home.

“Aish why is he always making me rush around?” I muttered as I arrived at the entrance and rushed up the stairs to my flat. It got me curious, even though it shouldn’t have, when I arrived at my floor I didn’t see anything out of the ordinary in front of my door so I was about to call Jonghyun and yell at him for making a fool of me but just then, as though he was reading my mind, he called.

“Hey, are you at home already?”

“Yes, what are you on about now? There’s nothing to see here! Oh gosh I hate you Lee Jonghyun, you made me rush back for nothing and I—“

“Look under the door” he commanded.

“The door?” I opened it slowly and saw a white envelope there. “Ok..so there’s this envelope here…” I said as I picked it up from the floor and stared at it, “What is it?”

“Plane tickets for you and me so we can be alone for a while?”

“HAHAHA like I would believe that, you guys are currently on promotions so it would be crazy” I retorted.

I could hear him laughing at the other end of the line, “Yeah, sorry it was a joke, just open it” I was skeptical at first but what wrong could it do? I opened the envelope and took out a piece of paper that had SBS logo on it, it kind of looked like a concert ticket but it was somehow different.

“What….”

“You will see us performing this Sunday, don’t you like the idea?”

“…Is this for real?” I cheerfully said, my eyes opening big in surprise, a feeling of happiness was taking over me and the idea of seeing them performing was actually one that made me want to give Jonghyun a thank-you-so-much hug.

“Yeah, one is the backstage pass and the other one is a pass so you can enter the recording of Inkigayo this Sunday” he explained.

“J-Jonghyun, is this for real? You are not joking are you? I get to see CNblue performing?” I said almost sobbing due to the shock and all the feelings I was having at the moment, I was a Boice after all, I did enjoy CNBlue’s music and it didn’t have to do with the fact that my ex and my best friend were there. The thing was that I really loved them, and I had never seen them performing live due to the fear of being spotted by them.

“…you are…that happy…for real?” Jonghyun slowly asked.

“But of course! I couldn’t get any happier, I get to see CNblue live, it’s like a dream come—“

“I knew you would love me for that!”

“….. Go to hell, Lee Jonghyun!” I shouted over the phone and ended the call. Slightly annoyed at his smart reply, however, my phone started glowing again a few seconds later.

“WHAT?!”

“I’m sorry, ok? It was just a joke…a joke, take it easy…”

I sighed and sat on the ground feeling defeated for some reason, “No…it’s ok, thank you for the present…”

“You are a short-tempered one, aren’t you?” he replied.

“But of course”

We continued talking for a little longer, and he went on about how he had exclusively got those passes for me because he wanted me to enjoy something nice and that he would do his best on this performance. It all felt weird, he was acting as though we were dating again… even if we had just kissed we actually never said a thing about being together once again.

After we finished our conversation, I just happily stared at the tickets I had in my hands. What else could I say?

“Thank you… Jonghyun”

 

Minhyuk

 

I was waiting at the same café again, it was Saturday morning and I was supposed to be at MBC’s studio filming for Music Core, but instead there I was, at the same café waiting for the same girl who you could say was ‘blackmailing me’.

She showed up, looking ever so innocent and adorable. Thinking that she could portray such an image and then act in a total different way had me wondering how a girl with such an appearance could be so scheming.  

“Oppa, so you did come” she said as she took a sit and fixed her bangs, a smile was on her face, “Shouldn’t you be at MBC’s studio today?”

“Do you want the passes or no?”

Her eyes lighted up and she batted her eyelashes rapidly as though she wasn’t believing what I was saying, “You got them? Are those for today?!”

“No, they are for tomorrow’s Inkigayo”

“Oppa! You shouldn’t have!”

I felt as though I was getting sick, the sight of her got me sick but I nodded regardless, “Are you happy now? Is that enough?”

She pouted as a reply, no, that wasn’t enough. I could feel it, I just knew that she wasn’t going to keep calm with just a backstage pass.

“What now?”

“Oppa, help me become

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter