06.) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

By the time Erica woke up, Jonghyun knocked on the door. Perfect timing. Erica fixed her hair before clearing , "Come in!" Jonghyun came in wearing a black tank-top and sweats. HNNNG ! "I made you breakfast," he smiled, handing her a plate of waffles. "Aw, you didn't have to, oppa~" Erica smiled wide. Jonghyun sat next to her and tucked a loose strand of her hair behind her ear. Erica blushed, "Do you want some?" she asked shyly. Jonghyun shook his head. "Come on, oppa~ You have to eat some!" Erica pouted. 'God, she looks so cute' he thought. "You eat some first," he insisted. Erica took a bite and her eyes suddenly became round. "Mm! Oppa, you added strawberries!" she giggled. Jonghyun chuckled, "I remembered, didn't I?" She forked a piece and fed Jonghyun. Their eyes met and Jonghyun leaned closer. 'No, not again!' Erica closed her eyes tightly, but was relieved when she felt his lips on her forehead. "Get ready for school, okay? Alex is excited to take his noona to school," he smiled before getting up. He left the room and closed the door. Erica suddenly realized how hard her heart was pounding. She breathed in slowly and then finished her breakfast. "How sweet," she giggled under her breath.

Once she entered the living room, Alex was dressed for school as well. "Noona! We get to drop you off!" he said as soon as he noticed her. He rushed to her immediately and started to jump up and down. Erica just laughed and ruffled his soft brown hair. Just like his hyung. Jonghyun walked out, toying with his keys. "Alright, are we ready?" he asked. The two nodded and walked out with him to the car. Erica felt like such a child being dropped off at school. "Oppa, where do you go to school?" Erica asked curiously. "Oh, I go to the community college down the street," he said, a bit embarrassed. "Aw, oppa! That's great!" Erica cheered. Suddenly, Jonghyun felt relieved. They arrived at the school ground and Erica got out. "Bye oppa, have a good day Alex!" she waved before closing the car door. The boys watched as she walked up the steps of the academy. "Hyung, do you like Erica noona?" Alex asked unexpectedly. Jonghyun scoffed, "What makes you say that?" "You look at her funny" Alex said, scrunching his nose. Jonghyun laughed, "Yeah.. maybe hyung does like her." "Hyung, remember last time? Umma will not allow it..." Jonghyun huffed and continued to drive off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ AT THE ACADEMY ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Erica sat down next to her only friend, Mikayla. "Well, well, well~ doesn't someone have a smug grin" Mikayla said with a crooked eyebrow. Erica blushed and put her hand to her cheek, "Really?" "So, tell me. Who is it?" Erica nudged her playfully and looked down to avoid eye contact. "Come on~~ Tell me!" Suddenly, she gasped, "Is it someone from your new job?" her eyes grew wide. "Yah! Why are you so nosey! It's annoying!" Erica laughed. "pfft, I just want to know, that's all" she said, crossing her arms. "Aw, I'm kidding! I'll tell you!" Erica gave in. Mikayla turned back to face her and smiled widely, "So~ Who is he?" "Jonghyun." "Yah~ Such a cute name! Tell me more," she said as she rested her head on the palm of her hand. "Well, he's really cute...and we sorta--" "Sorta what?!" "Sorta kissed? I mean, we were just fooling around.." "Fooling around?! Oh my god, Erica. What have you been doing?" Mikayla said, wiggling her eyebrows. "Yah! Stop it!" Erica scolded, hitting her on the arm. "Okay, okay. Continue~" Mikayla's eyes glistened. "He's a musician~" Erica said dreamily, "he played me a song." "My..damn. He's got you under his spell already, neh?" Erica laughed. "Come by the fence with me after school, you can meet him for yourself."

After school, Mikayla followed Erica around like a lost puppy dog. "So where is he?" she squealed as she jumped around. "Yah, you'll make a scene! Stop it!" Mikayla halted to a stop, "Aw~ Kekeke~ You like him a lot then, neh?" "Neh! Shut up!" "So you do? Aw~" she cood. Finally Jonghyun's car pulled up. He rolled the windows down and peaked his head through, "Annyeong Erica~ Ready to--" "HI ! I'M MIKAYLA~" Mikayla introduced herself. Jonghyun smiled politely, "Annyeonghaseyo. Erica, friend of yours?" "Sort of.." Erica mumbled. Mikayla hit her, "Yah! Stop lying!" Jonghyun chuckled and opened the door for her. "Well nice to meet you, Mikayla, but we've got to get Erica to her appa." Erica slid into the passenger seat and waved to Mikayla who waved frantically. As the drove away, Jonghyun took Erica's hand and squeezed it. "I bet you're excited to see your appa today," he said softly. Erica flashed a weak smile and nodded. "Alex decided to stay with his friend today, we can pick him up later. Hospitals aren't his thing either." During the car ride, Jonghyun began to talk about his days at the hospital for his uncle that he was very close to. Erica just gazed at the road and listened intently. "Neh? What's wrong?" he asked with worried eyes. "It's nothing, oppa.." Erica said, staring at the gravel ahead. "Are you not telling me something?" "No~" Erica scoffed, "I'm just a little tired." "You can go rest then," he smiled as he helped her recline the chair. All the while, Erica pretended to be asleep.

Once they arrived, Erica spotted a familiar vehicle not to far away. Great, this was what she was hoping not to happen. Jonghyun opened the door for her and helped her out. Suddenly her knees became weak and she nearly collapsed to the floor. "Erica-yah!" Jonghyun shouted as he caught her right before she hit the ground. "Maybe it's best to be here to get you checked out," Jonghyun said, worried. "Oppa.. don't be silly," Erica said weakly. Jonghyun wrapped his arm around her waist and helped her to the elevator. "What floor is your appa on?" Erica weakly pointed to the button before Jonghyun pressed it. "Are you sure you're alright?" he asked for the 5th time. She nodded and waited dreadfully for their floor to show up. Jonghyun kept his arm around her, but this time grabbed her hand and intertwined his fingers with hers. A smile formed at the corner of as they trudged towards her father's room. "Is this it?" Jonghyun asked. Erica nodded. Jonghyun was about to turn the knob when she stopped him. He looked at her in surprise and studied her scared expression. "Erica-ah?" a deep voice called out from behind the door. Erica stared frantically at Jonghyun who opened the door for her. The two walked in to see that her father already had company. "Look.. who's.. back, .. daughter.." her father said between weak breaths. Erica's grip on Jonghyun's hand tensed up and didn't respond. "Annyeonghaseyo," Jonghyun bowed politely breaking the sudden silence. Her father smiled at him, but who was the guy in the corner of the room? "Erica dongsaeng," the guy finally said, standing up from his chair. Erica backed away, hiding behind Jonghyun and tightening her grip on his hand. "Annyeonghaseyo," Jonghyun bowed again to the guy. He returned the greeting, then looked back at Erica. "Don't you remember me, dongsaeng?" he asked. No answer. "Well don't you?"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wow, I really could've written this better TT_______TT ;; ah well, you get two new introductions of characters, hehe.