19,) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

After the game, Jonghyun walked down the bleachers, upset Erica didn't show up. Alex greeted them with a big hug. "Did you see me?! I kicked it! I kicked it in the goal! I'm a champion!" Alex jumped, triumphantly. Jonghyun laughed and ruffled his hair. He watched as his umma gave him a quick and short hug. He suddenly felt angered by this small gesture. 'Your son just won for his team! You witch, why don't you show him love!' he wanted to scream. Alex was still smiling and happy and jumped on to Jonghyun's back. "Hyung, did you see Erica noona?! She came!" he said excitedly, nearly choking him. Jonghyun's mouth gaped open, "She's here?" "Mhmm! Neh~" Alex laughed. He led them towards her. She was still well-hid into her hood when she jumped to see them walking her direction. "Erica noona," the dragonlady smiled, "Glad you could come." Erica bowed politely and smiled. Jonghyun could tell she was faking it. He smiled at her but she rejected it and turned her head. 'What's with her..?' The four walked to the car and drove home. "I have all of appa's papers ready. My plane will be ready tonight. Will you bring me to the airport, Erica noona?" Erica nodded before rushing to the kitchen to make a snack for Alex.

While his umma was packing back up, Jonghyun took this opportunity to approach Erica. "Hey there~" he whispered into her ear as his arms wrapped around her waist. He could feel her shiver as she continued to make Alex's sandwich. "Did you miss me?~" She was mute. "Erica-yah!~" he whined cutely. Still no answer. He huffed and let go of her. He spun her around and their eyes met. "What wrong? Why won't you talk to me?" he asked, concerned. She dared not to talk. She watched him as he searched through her eyes for an answer. He sighed. She turned back around and continued on. 'unbelievable!' Jonghyun went back to his position, hugging her from behind, but this time rocking her hips with his and resting his chin gently onto her shoulder. "Erica-yah~ What's the matter? Are you mad at me?" he whispered. He could sense she was giving in. She finally stopped slicing up meat and pounded her palms against the counter. "Jonghyun-ah. What do you want?" she snapped. This wasn't the good "giving in" Jonghyun was expecting. He jumped back and stared at her. "Yah?! What did I do?!" he said hotly. Erica crossed her arms, and her eyebrow crooked, "Are you honestly playing that card on me, Jonghyun-ah?" 'What the hell is this woman talking about?!' He glared at her, "What? I honestly don't know!" he shrugged. Erica scoffed and turned back around, picking lettuce angrily. "Come on, Erica-yah! Tell me!" Jonghyun demanded. Erica could feel his anger build up in him, his voice terrifyingly frustrated. She turned back around and stared at him for a long time. "Why did I fall for you, Jonghyun-ah? You were obviously playing me for Mikayla. How dare you?" she said, her voice trembling. "BWOH?! YOU SAW?!" his eyes shooting out. Erica scoffed, "Yeah.. I saw." She turned back coldly, and continued on with Alex's sandwich. Jonghyun's arms unexpectedly s back around her. "Erica-yah.. I can explain.." Erica huffed and ignored him. 'Great. The biggest mistaked phrase ever used.' "Erica-yah. Mikayla was playing along for me! I didn't want you to be fired, and plus--" "Yah?! I was going to be fired?!" she interrupted. Jonghyun nodded, finally she was looking at him. "Jonghyun oppa..did she see us?" "She saw us this morning.. so when I spotted Mikayla, I knew that was the best way to cover up our relationship," he replied softly. Erica looked down, ashamed. "Erica-yah~" Jonghyun sang into her ear as he embraced her once again. "I promise you that I would never hurt you." Erica was struck by those last words. Had he said that to Yuri unni before she died? Erica gulped and waited a bit before replying back. "You.. promise?"