31.) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun Romance.

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

After they dropped Alex off, Erica and Minho were off to the hospital. Erica watched Minho's tight grip on the wheel. "Oppa, you're alright, ne?" she asked softly. "Mm," he muttered under his breath. She looked kept watch of him until he started speeding forwards. Looking out the window, she gripped the hem of his shirt. "O-Oppa," she stuttered with terrified eyes, "slow down. Oppa!" He ripped himself away from his sister and continued to drive past a red light. "Oppa, what are you doing? Is this because of appa?" she asked. He didn't answer. "If this is about appa, he already forgives you! Just for coming back! He loved and still loves you, oppa. OPPA! ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?" she screamed over the roaring engine. "Mian dongsaeng.." he mumbled before he sped up.

Erica woke up in a daze and pounding in her ears. She looked beside her to see her brother's bloody face and glass shattered all around them. "Call the ambulance! Do we have a doctor?" citizens had said around them. It took all her strength to blink, yet it seemed like it did no use. Her vision was blurry and her body felt numb. As she blinked for the last time, she visioned a blurry white blob with a red cross imprinted on the side. She was out cold.

"Erica-yah?" a sudden voice said as she had awoken. The first thing she did was touch her swollen face. She looked over to see Jonghyun sitting on her bedside with Alex on his lap. "Noona, you're up!" Alex smiled. Seeing his cheerful smile made her smile faintly. "Erica-yah," Jonghyun repeated with teary eyes. "You're going to be fine," he croaked. Her smile faded as she turned to him, yet her broken heart seemed to be breaking into another dozen of tiny pieces. She nodded and reached out for Alex. Jonghyun placed Alex next to her and watched as the two smiled at one another. "Alex-ah," she said softly. "Mian." "Aniyo," he shook his head, "it wasn't your fault noona. It was Minho hyung." She blinked and remembered the last words that slipped his lips. "Aniyo, he was just angry," she whispered. Alex placed his hand on hers and cupped her face with his other. "Noona, if you need to get better, you don't need to tuck me in at night or make me food. I can take care of you," he said. A smile crept onto her face, "ne. That sounds like a good plan, sunbaenim." He gave her a toothy-smile of triumph before turning to Jonghyun. "She called me sunbaenim~ I'm all grown up!" he giggled. Jonghyun smiled at him then set him down from the bed. "Go ask the nurse for some jello, ne? Two cups for you and noona," he said. Alex nodded and raced down the hall. 

"Erica-yah," he whispered, placing his hand on top of hers. She gasped and moved her hand away from him. "Erica-yah ... please don't do this," he choked, grabbing onto her hand and intertwining his fingers into hers. She missed that feeling of warmth, but she knew it was wrong for both of them. She didn't want to be harmed and she didn't want to harm him either. "I'm glad you're okay," he breathed in between the stream of tears, "but please come back to stay with us. Things aren't the same. I'm also so sorry for what I did to you. Please Erica." She bit her bloody lip softly, then shook her head. "Aniyo.." she whispered, "this isn't good for both of us, oppa." "Why the hell does it matter if we're not supposed to be together? Romeo and Juliet, remember? Please ... I promise to take care of you like you do to Alex. Give me one more chance to hold you close." She stared at other things to prevent overwhelmed tears. "Erica-yah... please" he said, scooting closer to her. He squeezed her fragile hand and looked into her eyes. She nodded hesitantly, "please don't hurt me oppa."