24.) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

It was about 2 in the morning when Jonghyun stumbled in. Erica quickly got up to see what the disturbance was. She nervously picked up one of Alex's baseball bats and tiptoed quietly to the front. She could hear groaning from the kitchen then glass shattering. "sldfkjslkdjfsdlds .." That voice sounded so familiar, but she couldn't tell. She quickly opened the door and shot out her baseball bat, to alert whoever was breaking in. "Yah!" Erica screamed once she found out it was Jonghyun. Jonghyun moved slowly across the kitchen floor with an ice pack in his hand. Erica looked closely at the quiet boy. "Oppa.. have you been drinking?" His eyes were as big as moons. "N..n...n..no?" he stuttered. The room smelt of alcohol. "Oppa!" Erica scolded. "Get up!" He stumbled forward, but with the help of Erica, he kept on his feet. "Oppa, if you keep drinking, I don't think it'd be a good idea if-" "NO!" he shouted at her. Erica's face turned red and her eyes began to burn. She was scared.. no, terrified! "Oppa, you didn't let me fini-" "DON'T YOU DARE LEAVE ME!" he screamed, his grip tightening around his wrists. Tears started to stream down her cheeks. "OPPA LET ME GO!" she screamed back. Suddenly, his hands drop and he collapses to the floor, crying. Erica massaged her wrists as she ran to her room and locked the door. She sat in front of it, cradling herself. "Mm....noona?" Alex mumbled groggily into the pitch darkness. Erica rushed over to his side and hugged him. "Noona, what's wrong?" he asked, convinced by her sniffles. "Nothing," she muttered, "Go back to sleep, Alex-yah." Alex comforted Erica through the night as she slept next to him. "Don't worry, noona. Hyung's just a mess, that's all." 

 

The two haven't spoken to Jonghyun for about a week, before he attempted to talk to them. "Alex?" he whispered. Alex looked at him then looked down at his feet. "Come on, Alex-yah. Hyung's sorry.." he tried to apologize. "You hurt my noona, hyung. I'm mad at you." "I didn't mean to. I love her so much." "You wouldn't have treated her like Yuri noona if you weren't drunk" he said hotly. Jonghyun stared at his little brother with a stinging in his heart. "I'm sorry, dongsaeng."