30.) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

She had laid Alex down once they arrived at her house. She brushed her fingers through his soft brown hair and hummed a soft tune. As soon as he fell asleep, she kissed the top of his forehead and tucked him in. "You alright?" she suddenly heard Minho, coming from the door. "Ah," she sniffed and nodded, smoothing herself out as she got up from the bed. Minho had offered his open arms and let his little sister embrace him. "It's what's good for you," he whispered as she breathed into his chest. "It's for the best for Alex too, ne?" he said, holding her chin up. "Ne," she choked in a sob. He hugged her again, rocking her, then letting her out of the room with the flick of the light.

She wiped away the tears sitting heavily on her eyelids then gave her brother one last hug. "Kamsahamnida, oppa" she whispered before laying a kiss on his cheek. She shuffled through the hall, approaching the bed room that didn't seem like home at all. She sat on the bed and sighed shakily. Her eyes began wandering around the room. Pictures lined up like a time-line of her family. Umma, appa, Minho, and herself in younger years, then to her appa and herself smiling in front of the grand canyon. Silent tears began streaming down her face as her heart finally gave out and burst into a billion pieces. She wasn't prepared for this outburst, nor was she prepared to feel guilty. She needed those guiding arms, but sadly those were Jonghyun's.

The next morning, she found herself on the floor. Feeling like a zombie, she lazily got up to wash her face in the bathroom. She stared at herself with swollen red eyes. It wasn't good at all! She'd have to face Minh this way. She shook her head and continued doing her morning routines. "Knock knock, coming in" Minho said softly. She heard him coming nearer as she brushed her teeth. "Morning dongsaeng," he smiled warmly. She grinned with a toothbrush in . "You doing okay? I took the liberty of canceling your classes today." How relieved she was at hearing that! She was so grateful for such a thoughtful brother at this time in her life. "Are you going to visit.. um.. appa?" he hesitated. She rinsed out , then stared at him with narrowed eyes. Was he being serious? She never thought she'd hear him say that ever nor be back home. She nodded, then put on her slippers. "We can go after I drop off Alex," she said walking out of the room. "After you eat," he stopped her. "Alex and I made breakfast. He said that you were such a great noona, you deserved it" he chuckled. A smile lined her lips then she added, "well of course. I should get an award!"

Happy and cheery now, she walked downstairs to be greeted by Alex. "Noona!!" Alex shouted, running over to her from the couch. "Your hyung is so cool! He let me play his game!" he smiled, showing off the controller. "He did?" she asked enthusiastically. "Mhmm!" he nodded proudly, racing back to the couch. Minho scratched his head and chuckled to himself. "You'd be a great appa," she blurted out. She paused for a moment, watching his reaction. Bug eyed, the frog boy slowly brought his hand back down from his head and looked to his feet. "..You uh, you think appa will accept me back?" he asked shyly. Suddenly, the pieces of her heart were mending back together. "Of course. He already did, didn't he?" she smiled reassuringly. A grin came back to his face as she finished her breakfast. "Alrighty, Alex-yah!" she announced, "get in the car! GO GO GO!"

Right away, Alex had dropped what he was doing and grabbed the backpack near the door, then waited for Minho to open the door for him. From there, he ran towards the car and tugged impatiently on the door handle. "Yah, just wait!" Minho laughed. Alex flashed his happy, sunny smile and giggled. Erica unlocked the door and let him in. "Buckled up?" she asked, watching him from the mirror. "Buckled up!!" he laughed, raising his hands up. "Kaja!~" and off they were.