04.) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

Hours later, they finally arrived back at the house. Alex had fallen asleep on Jonghyun's back as they were walking back. "Wait here," Jonghyun told Erica as he hurried to put Alex into his bed. When he came back, he took out his wallet and searched for money. "How about we get ice cream?" he asked. "What? We just ate!" Erica giggled. "Come on~~ I want ice cream, noona!" He whined, imitating a little child. "Yah, you must've been a big pain for your parents," Erica teased without choosing her words carefully. Jonghyun's smile disappeared as he looked down at his feet. Erica covered once she realized what she had said. "Jonghyun.. I.." "No it's okay," Jonghyun mumbled. 'Great, now I'm the bad guy..' Erica scolded herself. She stood behind Jonghyun and placed her hands on his shoulders. "We can get ice cream~" she said sheepishly, hoping he'd forgive her. Unexpectedly, Jonghyun placed his hands over Erica's. He pulled her to the front of him and gave her a squeeze. Bewildered, Erica stood there awkwardly as he embraced her. "I know you didn't mean it," he said softly. He then took her hand and led her to the door. "Let's go get ice cream," he said. "But, what about Alex?" she asked. "Don't worry. He'll be fine for just 5 minutes" he said, his eyes hopeful. Erica decided to let it slide and walked out with him. "What's your favorite flavor?" he asked as they walked the path to an ice cream vendor. "Mm~ Strawberry" Erica blushed. "Ah, so then it was a good thing we ordered strawberry shortcake," he chuckled. She playfully punched him in the arm, "What about you?" "Mm, because your favorite is strawberry, my favorite is strawberry" he said bluntly. "What ! That wasn't even an answer !" Erica laughed. "Yes it is. I told you, I like strawberry" he smirked. 'How charming.' Erica grinned. The whole way there, the two got to know each other better. "Two strawberry cones, please." Jonghyun smiled, taking out his wallet. The man handed them their delicious frozen treats. "Hey Erica," Jonghyun mentioned. "Yeah?" she turned to face him. Jonghyun's finger quickly poked her nose. "You've got something on your face~" he laughed. Erica glared at him. "Oh really?" "Yes really," he stuck his tongue out at her. Erica smirked, "Well, you must be a messy eater because there's ice cream all over your face!" She swiped her cone across his face before laughing hysterically. Jonghyun blinked before running after her. "Yah! Get back here!" The two ~kids~ chased each other all the way back to the house. Once they tumbled into the house, their faces were fully covered with the gooey strawberry mess. "Pwahaha! You've got ice cream all over your face" Erica laughed. "Well, you have ice cream in your hair!" he chuckled. "Wait here!" Jonghyun said. He disappeared into his room and came out with a camera. "Say ice cream~"
The pair looked at each other's faces in the photo. "How lovely," Erica said sarcastically. "Hey Erica," Jonghyun said as he lifted her chin up. He inspected her ice cream covered face before saying, "You have some ice cream on the corner of your mouth." "Jonghyun-ah, there's ice cream EVERYWHERE" she replied. "Not here," he whispered before planting a kiss onto her lips.