18.) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

It was nearing Alex's soccer game and the Kims were already just arriving onto the soccer field. "Umma! Watch me practice!" Alex smiled brightly, running towards his team. "Jonghyun-ah," his umma said, "Let's get a seat. Remember to save a seat for Erica noona." He could see her sly smile from the corner of his eye. He scoffed, "Whatever.." he mumbled. He checked his watch. 10 more minutes until Erica arrives. His stomach was erupting, he suddenly had that sick dreadful feeling. 'Poor Alex dongsaeng.. what will he do when he finds out?' Jonghyun sat distantly from his umma and stared at the ground. It was cold, gray, and dirty. 'Like umma..' he smirked to himself. He was interrupted when a whistle blew. All the little kids gathered around the referee in the middle of the soccer field. Jonghyun didn't dare to look for Erica. He just couldn't stand to even see her at this moment. He felt a tap on his shoulder. "Hey Jjongie," a familiar voice said from behind. Jonghyun turned his head slightly and saw Mikayla. "Mikayla?" Jonghyun gasped, in relief. "Excited to see me?" she giggled. Jonghyun smiled clumsily as she sat beside him. "So, is this your umma?" she asked. Jonghyun nodded. "Nice to meet you, I am Mikayla," she introduced herself politely, bowing awkwardly. He saw his umma with a fake smile. He scratched his head nervously and suddenly thought up a plan. "Yah, umma.." Jonghyun said. He got her attention and he put his arm around Mikayla. "This is my girl friend, Mikayla." He saw both of their eyes grow as big as moons. "Bwoh? She is? It's not Erica noona?" she asked. Mikayla was about to object when Jonghyun gave her a death glare before turning back to his umma. "Neh~" she said nervously, smiling. His umma smiled politely then looked out at the soccer field. "Thank you," Jonghyun whispered in her ear. Mikayla shrugged his arm off and got up, "Well oppa, I have to go help out today. See you later~" she waved and left.

All the while, Erica was scanning the crowd, looking for Jonghyun when she spotted him.. with Mikayla?! Her smile disappeared and her mood sank to the very bottom. 'I knew it was too good to be true..' she scolded herself. She quickly found herself a spot beside a huddling crowd and hid herself in her hoodie. She watched intently, forgetting about that "bastard" and kept her eyes on Alex. He was actually really good and of course, super cute. "Go Alex-ah!" she screamed. He spotted her and waved before being passed the ball.

Jonghyun heard a very unexpected voice. 'Erica?' He scanned the crowd below but didn't see her in sight. Was he hearing things? He shook it off until he heard it again, this time Alex waved. He tried to follow his gesture but it was too quick. He sighed and scratched his head, "Aish.." "Jonghyun-ah. Is Mikayla your actual girl friend?" his nosy umma asked. "Neh, what did you think?" "I just saw you and Erica noona pulling up in the driveway" she said hotly. "Umma! Do you think I would go after another of Alex's noonas? Never will I do that again.." he mumbled. He heard her sigh, then her hand patted his lap. "Jjong-yah. I'm sorry, but you know how closely I have to watch. Last time I was careless, I let Yuri noona --" "Umma! Stop it! Let's just watch the game.." "Fine, but I'm glad it isn't Erica noona.. I really like her. She's very polite and mannerable. I think she's just the right noona for Alex." Jonghyun heaved a silent sigh and suddenly, he wasn't so nervous anymore. 'This time, don't screw this up..'

____________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the late updates ! I have auditions for color guard this week and I've been very stressed -____- please continue to read~ I hope you liked that unexpected twist !