03.) I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

I will take care of you - A Jonghyun romance.

When it was about time for lunch, Erica walked over to Alex who was infested with sand. "Omo..what are we going to do with you?" she said sounding a bit worried. "Alex, please get up" she instructed. Alex stood up while sand ran down his entire 6 year old body. "Alex~ We were supposed to go get lunch afterwards. I guess we'll have to go home and bathe you," she sighed. Alex stuck out his lip and looked down to the ground. "Erica noona, I sorry.." he apologized. 'How can I deny that adorable face?' Erica asked herself after much resisting. She knelt down to match Alex's height and brushed the sand off his back. "It's okay, noona forgives you" she smiled. Alex's face lit up from the sound of forgiveness and hugged her tightly. All the while, Jonghyun was watching from afar. He wished his umma was like that for Alex. He found himself secretly smiling and walked over. "Alex-ah! What did you do? Are you causing trouble for noona?" he sighed, kneeling beside Erica. Alex let go of his embrace and shook his head, sand flying everywhere as he did so. Jonghyun chuckled, "Alright! Good! Let's go out for lunch!" he announced. Erica looked at him with a puzzling face. "Wait, but aren't we going to get him a new pair of clothes first?" she asked. "Erica noona, as far as we know, us men are tough enough to go anywhere with sand in our pants" he smiled, as Alex laughed. Erica burst out laughing, "Oh really now?" she crooked her eyebrow. "Mhmm!" Alex replied, his chest out and his head high. Erica giggled, "Okay then. Let's go eat!"

The gang set out for a bistro not too far away. Jonghyun helped Erica to her seat before lifting Alex up onto the booth. “Have you ever had strawberry shortcake, noona?” Alex asked, his eyes sparkling from the light rays shining through the window. “Sadly, not in a long time” Erica sighed. Suddenly, Alex started jumping in his seat. “Calm down, Alex-ah!” Jonghyun scolded. Alex stood up and whispered something into his ear. “Ask her yourself!” Jonghyun chuckled. Erica watched, confused, as the boys exchanged conversation. Finally, Alex sat back down. “Noona, we want you to try the strawberry shortcake!” Alex smiled. Erica laughed, “But isn’t that for dessert?” “I think Erica noona’s too uptight to eat dessert for lunch,” Jonghyun smirked, causing Alex to laugh. “I am not!” Erica defended herself. When the waiter came to take their order, the boys ordered three strawberry shortcakes. Erica felt uneasy. Was this what Alex has been eating for meals? “You don’t look so sure of yourself” Jonghyun noticed with a sly grin on his face. Erica scoffed, “Hey, there’s nothing wrong with eating healthy.” When their order arrived, the boys both began to dig in while Erica sat there, uncomfortable. “Noona! Try it!” Alex smiled with frosting all over his mouth. Erica giggled, “Wipe your face first.” Alex grabbed a napkin and swiped it across his face. Jonghyun looked up to see her untouched dessert. “Aren’t you going to eat?” he teased. Erica didn’t feel like responding. Jonghyun took a spoonful from her bowl and placed it close to . “Open” he instructed. Erica sandwiched her lips together and shook her head. “You’re going to starve until dinner time,” he said, his eyes filled with worry. He nudged the spoon closer to her. Erica resisted the sugary sweet smell. “Please~ for me?” he asked, flashing his eyelashes. Erica tried not to laugh at how ridiculous he was being just for a bite of cake! “Don’t make him do it!” Alex warned. Erica looked at him with one eyebrow crooked. Suddenly, Jonghyun put the spoon down and began to Aegyo. Erica laughed hysterically before Jonghyun shoved the spoon into . The fluffy baked texture melted in , followed with the creamy vanilla icing and sugar-coated strawberries. “Now swallow,” Jonghyun smirked. Erica did what she was told since she had been defeated. “What do you think?” He grinned triumphantly. “It was good,” she replied simply. “Yay!~” Alex cheered, giving a high five to his brother.

Boy, did she have her hands full.