Nineteen

The flower in my heart

 

Ryeowook widen her eyes when she heard the boy calling Kyuhyun ‘Kyu appa’. She stood there dumbstruck as Kyuhyun widen his arms and the boy ran into him. He then got onto his own height and twirl the boy around making him giggle.

 

“Jaehyuk-ah!”

 

Kyuhyun shout in a happiness as the boy laugh, wrapping his arms around the man’s neck. “Kyu appa!” the boy squeal and they hug each other like they haven’t seen each other for a long time.

 

Ryeowook stood there, with wide eyes and her figure frozen. She was confuse, a bit angry. She thought of all the possibilities on why the kid calls HER husband appa and there was only one conclusion.

 

The boy is his son.

 

And Ryeowook felt betrayed by that. How haven’t Kyuhyun told her that? Why does fate hate her so much that they gave her a husband that has a son?

 

And whoever the mother of the kid is –

 

“Jaehyuk-ah, why did you run away from umma?”

 

Ryeowook gasp when she saw Donghae walking towards the both of them, hands on her hips with a bit of a crossed look on her face. The boy lit up and struggle in Kyuhyun’s arms. The man put the boy on the floor and immediately he ran towards Donghae when his little feet touch the floor.

 

“UMMA!”

 

He shout in happiness when he saw her and Ryeowook look around, only to see Heechul and Leeteuk smiling while Hankyung and Kangin wasn’t even bothered. She felt tears threatening to fall down her cheeks and Kyuhyun notice that.

 

Worriedly, he made way towards her and held her arm.

 

“Wookie, you okay?”

 

He ask and Ryeowook glared at him.

 

“Tell me something that I should know. Why is that boy calling you appa and Donghae unnie umma?”

 

She ask with a slight angry tone and Kyuhyun look at her in surprise. Soon, a wide smile appeared on his face and he laugh. Ryeowook growl at him before pinching his side showing that she was feeling angry, and a bit of betrayal.

 

“Let’s go inside and we can tell you about him”

 

Ryeowook frown. “Am I the only one who doesn’t know about this?” she ask and Kyuhyun nod, much to her dismay.

 

“Sadly, yes, my dear” he said and Ryeowook glared at him before pulling her arm away from his grasp and slightly stomp towards Leeteuk and hug her. She felt like her appetite was gone as Leeteuk caressed her hair and gave Kyuhyun a you-need-to-tell-her look.

 

Kyuhyun sigh as Jaehyuk ran to his side tugging the hem of his shirt. Kyuhyun smile and bend down slightly. “What is it, Jaehyuk-ah?” he ask and the answer he got was a small pout.

 

“Appa” the boy called him. “Yes?” “Appa, I’m hungry” he said and Kyuhyun chuckle. The boy held his small arms and Kyuhyun carried him . Donghae appear at his side and gave him a slight scoff.

 

“Looks like Ryeowook misunderstand everything”

 

She said earning a nod from Kyuhyun.

 

“I know” That was the only answer he got making Donghae sigh. “You have an explanation to do young man” she said and Kyuhyun nod.

 

“I know”

 

~

 

Ryeowook stab the carrot before putting it inside , ,munching on it angrily. Kyuhyun who was sitting beside her sigh when Jaehyuk suddenly called him. He  doesn’t have any idea on what to do. He wanted to explain to Ryeowook but the girl ignores him and Jaehyuk wanted his attention, badly.

 

“Wookie, can you get umma some eggs”

 

Leeteuk ask and Ryeowook nod silently, before getting up from the table and went to the eggs section. Heechul then gave Kyuhyun a look.

 

“Go and explain to her now Kyuhyun. We all could see that she is angry and a bit frustrated” Leeteuk said and Kyuhyun nod without complying and went to Ryeowook. He wrapped his arms around her waist.

 

 “Wookie”

 

He cooed which was ignored by the latter. “Wookie, I can explain” he said and Ryeowook ignored him once more. He sigh.

 

“Ryeowook, I can explain” when he was ignored once more Kyuhyun got frustrated. He took the plate from her hand putting it on the table nearby before pulling her outside. Ryeowook struggle in his grip as he pulled her and her tears threatening to fall once more.

 

He harshly push her, glad that there was nobody there. Ryeowook covered her face with her hands as she sobs. Kyuhyun who heard her sobbing panic and immediately went nearer to her, wrapping her arms around him.

 

“Wookie, I’m sorry. I didn’t mean to hurt you” he whispered as Ryeowook sobs even more, leaning into his hug.

 

“I can explain everything”

 

He said and Ryeowook nod. “I-I’m giving you the chance to ex-explain” she said between her sobs and Kyuhyun sigh as he push the strand of the hair away to get a look into her eyes.

 

“Jaehyuk is not my son. He is actually Donghae and Hyukjae’s son. You do know Hyukjae right?” he ask and Ryeowook nod. She began to relax when she heard that Jaehyuk is not Kyuhyun’s.

 

“And you do know that Hyukjae died after five years of marriage with Donghae, right?” Ryeowook nod again. She knew the tragic story her cousin has to endure and she felt sad for her.

 

“Hyukjae is my best friend. He married Donghae and went to Canada, where I learn and gave speech a few years later. Me and Hyukjae lost contact because we went to our own career and I happens to go to the college where Donghae was teaching. That was when I met Hyukjae once more and they live with me”

 

He said and Ryeowook nod, somehow half understand the story. “That explains why you knew Donghae unnie in the first place” she said and Kyuhyun nod.

 

“I was there when Jaehyuk was born and was there when Hyukjae died. Jaehyuk was just two years old and because they live with me, I am Jaehyuk’s godfather. That’s explain why he calls me Kyu appa”

 

Kyuhyun explain and Ryeowook finally smile, leaning against his broad shoulders as his arms wrap around her securely.

 

“You should have told me earlier” she said with a pout and Kyuhyun chuckle. “Well, I like to see it when my little angel gets jealous and angry at me. She looks so cute right then” he said and Ryeowook look away, her face flushed.

 

There was silence between them as they look at the beautiful view. Even if it was still early in the morning, it was still beautiful.

 

“Oppa” Ryeowook called him suddenly and Kyuhyun hum an audible ‘hmm’ before looking down at her. Her eyes were staring back at his and there was nothing more beautiful in Kyuhyun’s eyes.

 

“Maybe I could be Jaehyuk’s godmother?”

 

She said and Kyuhyun blink in surprise. Did he hear it wrong? Or he wasn’t just imagining things?

 

“Can I?” Ryeowook ask him again making Kyuhyun widen his eyes. He wondered if he was dreaming. “Y-you sure?” he ask earning a nod from Ryeowook.

 

“I like kids too” she said and a wide grin was spread on his face. He wrap his arms around her tightly as he tried to suppress his heart from bursting.

 

“Thank you, Wookie”

 

He whispered as he lean down and kiss her forehead. Ryeowook just smile and lean against his frame. Somehow having the thoughts of being a godmother to a kid wasn’t so bad at all. She herself wanted a kid of her own.

 

And they had fun with the family throughout the whole day.

 

 

 


So now you guys know about Donghae.

Please comment~~

Love,

SnowyAngel