Sixteen

The flower in my heart

 

“Who’s the girl?”

 

Kibum ask Ryeowook as they step inside the kitchen. Ryeowook gave Kibum a weird look.

 

“What girl?”

 

She ask the man back.

 

“The girl with the golden brown hair”

 

Kibum said staring at something and Ryeowook look over at what Kibum was looking at. She was shock to find that Kibum was staring at Donghae.

 

“Donghae unnie?”

 

“Huh?”

 

“You mean about Donghae unnie. The one sitting beside Sungmin unnie?”

 

Ryeowook ask Kibum.

 

“So, her name is Donghae”

 

Kibum muttered to himself quietly. Ryeowook gave him a curious look.

 

“Are you interested in my cousin?”

 

Ryeowook ask and Kibum gave her a shocked look.

 

“She’s your cousin!”

 

Kibum exclaim and Ryeowook nod.

 

“She is my cousin. Oh my gosh! Are you really interested in her?”

 

Ryeowook exclaim, excitedness shown all over her face. Kibum blush and hurriedly walk to the sink to wash the plates. They both had volunteered to wash the plate and clean the kitchen because those in the house were lazy asses and decides to stay in the living room to play a game.

 

“So, mind telling me what is your relationship with Kyuhyun oppa and Miss Victoria?”

 

The man turn and gave Ryeowook a dorky smile from the sink before continuing his work.

 

“Would you rather not know?”

 

He ask and Ryeowook pout slightly.

 

“I wouldn’t want to but I think it’s important to know. You guys seem close”

 

She state and Kibum nod.

 

“We are close. We are closer than real siblings”

 

Kibum said and Ryeowook raise an eyebrow from where she was standing.

 

“What does that supposed to mean? You knew them even before they became teachers at our school?”

 

Ryeowook ask and Kibum hum a soft ‘hmm’.

 

“I do my dear. Kyuhyun hyung and Victoria noona are my cousin.  We are close because we have been taking care of each other’s back since we were small. Sungmin noona too. Chullie mama and Hannie baba are like my real parents unlike my appa. They took care of me and noona after umma died”

 

Ryeowook widen her eyes when she heard that.

 

“Bummie”

 

“I love them Ryeowook. They are my real family forever no matter what happen”

 

Ryeowook smile as Kibum said that. She could hear his voice cracking slightly. Ryeowook herself knew about what had happen to Kibum in the past. His mother died leaving their father with two kids. Their father became a workaholic and hardly had time for them.

 

She wouldn’t be called as Kibum’s best friend if she doesn’t know about his past.

 

Slowly, she walk towards the man and gave him a back hug. Ryeowook lean her head against his back.

 

“I’m sorry for asking Bummie”

 

She whispered, guilty for making her best friend cry.

 

“No. It’s okay. You deserve to know anyways”

 

Kibum said with a smile.

 

‘I’m here for you always Bummie. You can always rely on me”

 

Ryeowook said and Kibum chuckle.

 

“No. A man doesn’t need to rely on someone. You should rely on Kyuhyun hyung Wookie”

 

Kibum said and Ryeowook turn red upon hearing that.

 

“What if I don’t want to?”

 

She ask, trying to tease Kibum. Kibum sigh before turning to look at Ryeowook.

 

“He’s a nice guy Wookie. Even if he has a bit of a snarky side but that is hyung. I promise you he would take care of you. He is a loving, careless idiot who would cherish a person with his heart. He is a suitable husband and man that you can rely on”

 

Kibum said looking at Ryeowook, seriousness shown all over his face. Ryeowook smileas she look at the other side, her eyes soft as she remembered Kyuhyun.

 

Even when she has just known him for not more than a month, Ryeowook could tell he is a nice and caring guy. Certainly  a good candidate to be her husband. In fact, Kyuhyun was the type of guy Ryeowook had wanted as a boyfriend and a husband.

 

She smile again.

 

“I know”

 

~

 

Kyuhyun frown when he saw Ryeowook and Kibum hugging each other. Somehow the sight made his heart beat fast. Wild imagination went through his head.

 

Are they lovers? Do they love each other? Does Ryeowook has feelings for Kibum? Does he even have any chance to make Ryeowook fall for him even before he could start?

 

He sigh and turn around again to see them talking oh-so-seriously. He cringed when he heard his name being said. It was somehow a bad or a good thing. He isn’t even sure himself. And he doubt he could last forever with Ryeowook.

 

“Kyuhyun, why are you there so long? Have you called Ryeowook and Kibum yet?”

 

A shout from Jongwoon had woken Kyuhyun up from his imagination and he sigh. Slowly, he walk inside the kitchen and cough to get their attention. Both of them parted away and Kibum smile at Kyuhyun.

 

“Yes hyung? May we help you?”

 

He ask and Kyuhyun cough slightly.

 

“Umm, better head to the living room now. They are not starting the game without the both of you so, umm, better go now” 

 

He said and wondered why he sound so nervous. He doesn’t even have a clue.

 

“Oh okay then”

 

Kibum had said and disappeared from the kitchen almost in a second. Ryeowook was about to follow the man when Kyuhyun stop her by pulling her hand softly and swift her around to meet his eyes.

 

Her cheeks turn red.

 

“What were you talking with Kibum just now?”

 

He ask and Ryeowook blush again and turn away. When he saw Ryeowook’s reaction, Kyuhyun wondered why. Were they discussing on how Ryeowook would like to have a divorce with him?

 

“We were just talking about you”

 

She had muttered softly and Kyuhyun look at her curiously.

 

‘What about me?”

 

He asked.

 

“He said that you are a man that I could rely on”

 

She softly whispered and it took Kyuhyun a full minute to understand what she was saying and soon a smile was form on his face.

 

“Really?”

 

The doubt he felt washed away like a wave just had flow by and he cupped her face in his hands to look at her in the eye. Ryeowook nod as her cheeks turn even redder on what Kyuhyun was doing.

 

He smile. 

 

“I also think you can rely on me”

 

And maybe love me.

 

~

 

After waving them goodbye, Kibum had went to his bike before he started engine and drove away like all the bikes do. His bike was a new one. He just got it a few days before, as a present from his father.

 

Kibum growl at the thought of his father.

 

He hated that man. He remembered the way his father had neglected them. It was like their father had abandon them for good. At the age of 7, his mom died and his father had started to neglect him thus making his noona being with him most of the time. And during Kibum was growing up, Sungmin was the one who was always there and he loves his noona more than anything.

 

He would do anything for her, even if he needs to sacrifice his life.

 

He slowed down his bike when he saw a familiar figure walking down the street. It was Donghae, Ryeowook’s cousin. And three men were following her.

 

Apparently the girl was oblivious the surrounding around her and Kibum knew she wouldn’t even notice if the men were following her. Worried too over a Kibum. He wondered on the possibility onto what could happen with the girl.

 

She might get rob.

 

She might get .

 

Or worse, she might get sell off to another country.

 

And Kibum was determine not to let that happen.

 

So, he stop his bike to her side which had taken her by surprise.

 

“Get on!”

 

He said and she look at him shocked. With a grunt, Kibum open his helmet which revealed his face.

 

“You know me right? Get on before those men attack you”

 

Kibum growl murderously as he shove the helmet back on and Donghae immediately got onto his bike. He soon drove away, glaring at those men, the speed of the bike fast like a racer.

 

He sigh in relieved as the men were gone from his side and slowed down the bike when he felt her arms around him.

 

“You are Sungmin unnie’s brother right?”

 

She ask and Kibum nod.

 

“I’m Kibum”

 

He answered, his eyes looking straight on the road.

 

“I’m Donghae”

 

She had said and a smile came to his face.

 

“I know. Ryeowook told me already”

 

He said and he heard her chuckle.

 

“Thank you”

 

She said and Kibum just nod.

 

“No problem”

 

He answered back.

 

“How may I reward you?”

 

He question had taken Kibum by surprise and he thought for a moment. He might as well take advantage of his. Maybe he could get to know the girl even closer and maybe heal his heart?

 

And a smile came to his face.

 

“How about a cup of coffee?”

 

 


Comment guys~~ Hope you like this. There might be more Kihae in the next chapter. ^^

Love

SnowyAngel

 

p/s: Thanks for subscribing~~ Love you guys alot~~