Seventeen

The flower in my heart

 

Donghae soon found herself in a café which she had never seen before. She look around the place and smile slightly. It was cozy in the café, there was hardly any people there seeming as it was almost dark. Her eyes then caught the sight of the young man leaning against the counter.

 

Kibum

 

The man or boy that had save her from those bad guys, she felt grateful he had saved her. if not, she doesn’t know what to do.

 

She saw him making way towards her with a tray on his hand and she grin when she saw the chocolate milkshake on it. She couldn’t wait to have it down soon.

 

Donghae had took her drink and it immediately as Kibum had put the tray on the table. Kibum grin and chuckle slightly at Donghae’s attitude. Upon hearing his chuckle, Donghae look up and blush slightly.

 

“You must have like chocolate milkshake so much don’t you?”

 

He said and Donghae blush again before nodding.

 

“Yeah. Chocolates are like the best in the world”

 

She said and Kibum laugh as he took a spoon of the strawberry cake he had ordered.

 

“Really? I prefer others than chocolate”

 

He had said and Donghae gave him a surprise look.

 

“What do you mean? What other things are better than chocolates?”

 

She ask and Kibum thought for a while, trying to think of an answer for her question.

 

“Strawberries”

 

He said and when Donghae heard what he had said, the grin on her face immediately falter. Strawberry? When he saw her face change, Kibum became worried. Did he say something wrong? He thought.

 

“Hey, you okay?”

 

He ask and Donghae snap out of it immediately. She gave him a smile, a force smile and Kibum notice that.

 

“I’m fine”  She had said  and Kibum’s heart frown, literally. Don’t smile like that, he thought, I hate it.

 

“You sure?”

 

He ask and Donghae nod. She then look at him seriously.

 

“How old are you Kibum?”

She ask.

 

“17. The same age as Ryeowook”

 

He answered and a playful grin appeared on her face.

 

“ I’m your noona then”

 

She said with a smirk that Kibum thought could match with Kyuhyun’s. He was surprise to hear that.

 

“Really? How old are you?”

 

He ask and she smirk even more.

 

“I’m 22. You should give your noona some respect”

 

She said and Kibum frown.

 

“No way! You can’t be 22. You look way younger than that. You look like you’re 15!”

 

He exclaim and she smile.

 

“I know but the truth is I’m 22 and I got ma-“

 

Donghae immediately stop her words. She sigh in relieved because she hadn’t let out her secret yet. Nobody was bound to know her secret except her family and even if Kibum was Sungmin’s younger brother, there was no way she was going to reveal her secrets.

 

“You okay? You seem out of it”

 

He ask, worried shown all over his face that Donghae felt hurt. She had been longing for a man so long since he was gone. But she knew, she wouldn’t get what she want.

 

She knew she was content with her life with him.

 

“I’m fine”

 

She said and faked a smile. All the hard years she had faces, she had control her tears from falling. She was glad of that. She knew she doesn’t want Kibum to suddenly see her cry.

 

“Are you really okay, noona?”

 

He ask and Donghae nod almost too fast.

 

“I’m fine. Don’t worry about me”

 

She said and Kibum gave her a are-you-sure look. Even before he could say anything, Donghae’s phone rang and she took it out and a real smile finally appeared on her face. She then gave Kibum an apologetic smile.

 

“I’m sorry Kibum but I need to take this”

 

She said and Kibum nod, leaning against the chair as he sip on the hot chocolate.

 

“It’s okay . Take your time”

 

And Donghae answered it. Kibum tried not to hear what she was saying but somehow he was curiously. Especially when he heard him say ‘honey…. Home…’ and ‘I love you too’. That makes Kibum wonder if that was her boyfriend.

 

Donghae kept her phone back and smile at Kibum.

 

“Kibum, can you send me home?”

 

~

 

Ryeowook yawn as she sat down on the sofa. Her body felt numb. Seems like cleaning the house after her cousins and friends went home wasn’t really a good idea. Their guest had left a huge mess in the house thus making Ryeowook wanting to clean the house.

 

She herself can’t stand with a messy place.

 

She was about to sleep when she felt the sofa dip slightly that had her jerk slightly but an arm was suddenly wrap around her figure. Almost immediately, Ryeowook lean against Kyuhyun. His warmth was familiar to her that she didn’t hesitant a bit to lean against him.

 

“You tired already?”

 

He ask as he place his chin into the crook of her hair while she nod.

 

“Too much cleaning”

 

She had said and he chuckle.

 

“Don’t worry. Next time we will get a maid”

 

He said and Ryeowook just grunt as she yawn again.

 

“Just get some sleep. I’ll finish everything up”

 

He said and Ryeowook nod, cuddling close to Kyuhyun. He smile and caressed her hair. Just then the house phone rang and Kyuhyun groan.

 

“I’ll get it. Just sleep okay”

 

He said, stopping Ryeowook from answering the phone. The girl just nod, too tired to fight as Kyuhyun grab the phone and answer it.

 

“Hello, this is Han Kyuhyun. How may I help you?”

 

(Kyuhyun-ah. This is mama)

 

“Ah, mama. What’s wrong?”

 

He ask, her softly.

 

(So, how do you like your apartment?)

 

A smile came to his face.

 

“We love it. Thanks for it”

 

He said and a hmm came from Heechul.

 

(Where’s my daughter-in-law? Can I talk to her?)

 

Kyuhyun glance down at Ryeowook who was sleeping in his arms.

 

“I’m sorry mama but she’s sleeping right now. She’s exhausted actually”

 

He said.

 

(Hmm… tired because of what?)

 

Heechul had said in a teasing voice.

 

“Tired because of cleaning the house. Now, will you tell me why did you call?”

 

Kyuhyun ask as he yawn.

 

 

(Just to inform you that your honeymoon would be the day after tomorrow. We booked your ticket already and we’re going to pack Ryeowook’s bag to make sure she bring the right clothes)

 

Kyuhyun just nod even when he knew she couldn’t see him.

 

“Whatever mama. Can we hung up now? I’m tired”

 

He said and to prove it, Kyuhyun yawn againt. A ‘tssked’ could be heard from Heechul.

 

(Fine my dear son. Goodnight. Mama  loves you)

 

Heechul said.

 

“Love you to Ma”

 

And Kyuhyun shut the call. He sigh as he lean against the sofa and look around. Something shift beside him and he saw it was Ryeowook. A smile came to his face as he kiss her cheeks.

 

“Goodnight little angel. Sleep tight”

 

And soon, Kyuhyun fell into a deep slumber as tiredness took over.