8

At World’s End

Johannesburg, South Africa, 23 January 2012

 

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

Sunggyu hyung shook me lightly to wake me up as we’ve reached our destination. It was roughly 5pm in the evening here. After we cleared the security checks, we boarded a cab and headed straight for the diamond mines. We were supposed to meet a woman by the name of Hazel whom will lead us to a remote warehouse to claim our ‘cargo’.

 

As the cab travelled along the bumpy roads filled with mud and grime, I stared out of the window, thinking about that night at my old house. That fateful night… I then got distracted from my chain of thoughts and giggled at my hyungs where Hoya hyung kept on grumbling about the bumpy ride whilst Sunggyu hyung ordered him to shut his trap shut.

 

Hoya hyung then spotted me giggling and raised his voice at me, “Yah! What’re laughing at?” I then hid behind Sunggyu hyung whom shielded me protectively and glared at Hoya hyung as if he was tunneling holes into Hoya hyung’s skull. Hoya hyung then kept his mouth shut and turned his body away, not wanting to go up against Sunggyu hyung whose wrath and anger can be quite scary at times.

 

The cab driver brought us to our destination safely in one piece despite the rough ride and we met the woman named Hazel. Within two hours, we did what we were supposed to do, planting the bombs and keeping them hidden from view. After that, we headed to the nearest motel to rest for the night. The plan will take place the next day.

 

Hoya hyung then decided to get dinner for us from the nearest restaurant while Sunggyu hyung was in the bathroom for what seemed like hours. Since I had nothing to do, I went to the bathroom door to get Sunggyu hyung out. But before I could knock, I heard some moans and groans coming from inside. I giggled at the thought and decided to give Sunggyu hyung some alone time.

 

All of a sudden, Sunggyu hyung’s phone began to sound and I, being the only free and available one, had to pick up the call. It was from L hyung.

 

“Yeoboseyo?” I answered.

 

“Hello? Is this Leadergyu?” L hyung said desperately.

 

“Nope this is Sungjong.” I replied.

 

“Oh then can I speak to him?” he said hurriedly.

 

“Erm… he’s in the bathroom now.” I said while blushing.

 

“Well then, can I speak to Hoya hyung?” he cried with tears streaming down his cheeks.

 

“Hoya hyung is out buying dinner. What’s wrong hyung? You can speak to me.” I spoke calmly.

 

“Sungjong, promise that you won't breakdown after I tell you this.” L hyung responded, knowing that I was the soft one in the group.

 

“Okay sure. What’s happening hyung?” I said worriedly.

 

“Sungyeol hyung is dead. The painkillers he received from the private clinic were poisonous drugs instead.” he grieved.