12

At World’s End

GD’s P.O.V.

Few minutes later, police sirens could be heard so we gathered together and ran towards the bazaar. It was very crowded today, given that it’s a public holiday. Phew… I thought, what a great chance to escape from those Infinite killers as we could blend in with the crowd. Now we were wandering around the bazaar, looking for some snacks to eat after all the ruckus of running and fighting.

 

I was following the rest closely behind until I chanced upon an old antique bookstore. I told the rest to wait up for me outside while I headed in to check it out. I went in and was amazed at the numerous rows and columns of old, rusty books. I picked up a random book titled Titanic, opened it and in an instant, I went into a dreamy state.

 

I was standing on the main deck of the Titanic with my loved one. I kissed her forehead and she smiled. She took my hands into hers and spread them open like an eagle. She did the same and laughed heartily as it made us look stupid. But instead, I felt the cool wind brushing against my face, I wished I could enjoy life with her like this forever…

 

“Excuse me sir. Excuse me. Are you alright?” asked an old lady who was probably the storeowner. She was waving her hands wildly in front of my face. Seungri then entered the bookstore and went up to me only to see me smiling with a huge grin. He pinched my arm and I cried out loud, “Ouch! What was that for?” I then realized that I was smiling in front of others like an idiot.

 

The old lady giggled at my reaction and said, “Well sir, I see that you love adventure and romance stories. So why don’t I recommend you this book?” and she took down an old, rusty book from a nearby shelf and handed it to me. I opened to read it and to my astonishment, the first page read ‘Professor Byron’s diary’.

Without further ado, I bought the diary from the old lady and we hurriedly left the bazaar. Our flight back to Korea was this evening so I then began to check out the diary. It was filled with Professor’s Byron adventures around the globe in search of answers to solve mysteries. One fascinating thing that caught my eye on the next page was a drawing of a round object.

 

As I took a closer look, I found that it was scribbled with numbers but these numbers were uncompleted. I’m guessing that Professor Byron did not have enough time to complete his quest so I made a mental note to myself to uncover the mysteries of this round object. I was broken from by trail of thoughts by Seungri’s voice, “Hey GD! It’s time to go!”

 

With that, I placed the diary in my side pocket, grabbed my luggage and followed them to the airport.