9

At World’s End

Sungjong’s P.O.V.

 At this moment, sudden realization hit me. This can’t be happening… it’s not true at all. I dropped the phone onto the floor and slid down the wall. Burying my head between my knees and bawling my life out. Sunggyu hyung then heard my bawling and rushed to my side, picking up his phone in the process. As he spoke with L hyung, I could see the shocked expression in his face as well.

 

After he put down the call, he carried me to bed and comforted me. He kept telling me, “It’s alright.” But deep down I wasn’t. I was scared and anxious, hoping that someone close to me wouldn’t die. But this time apparently, it wasn’t true. I cried my heart out in Sunggyu hyung’s arms and soon fell asleep after awhile and dinner was forgotten.

 

Meanwhile…

Johannesburg, South Africa, 23 January 2012

 

GD’s P.O.V.

“Ah finally! Some fresh air to breathe!” I exclaimed.

 

“Alright! Let’s search for a motel to stay since it’s too late to go running around. We’ll begin the day early tomorrow so rest well.” T.O.P. pointed out. And we all nodded in agreement.

 

Soon, we found a motel near the beach so as to get some picturesque scenery of South Africa. Seungri and I stayed in one room while T.O.P., Daesung and Taeyang bunked in the other. Seungri looked kind of down the whole journey ever since I met him at Starbucks café so I went forward to console him.

 

 “Hey buddy! Why’re looking so down? Want to tell me about it?” I questioned.

 

“Sorry man… wish I could tell you about it but they wouldn’t even let me squeak a word about it.” He replied between his sobs.

 

Aww poor guy… and I went forward to embrace him in a brotherly hug. “It’s alright, you can tell me about it.”

 

“They kidnapped my parents and they said that if I ever tell anyone about it, my parents can be prepared to stand in front of the pearly white gates or even rot in hell.” he cried.

 

I then asked, “Who are they? Maybe we could get some help from the government, like T.O.P. or someone else?”

 

“No, please no especially not from them. Don’t you get it, they have my parents!” he yelled.

 

I then hugged him tightly and soothed him to sleep. Little did I know, that the three next door were eavesdropping on our conversation.

 

T.O.P. then spoke into the phone, “Houston, we have a problem.”