3

At World’s End

GD’s P.O.V.

I felt a tap on my shoulders and I turned around to see who was it only to receive the shock of my life. To my surprise, it was my childhood friend, Seungri.

 

“Hi GD! Long time no see! It’s really nice to meet you here! I’m now working as an interpreter for foreign languages. What about you?” he asked.

 

“Ah… many years have passed and you still look the same. Haha.” I replied heartily. “I’m now working as a historian and I think the government requires my service in that area.” I added on.

“Well then hope to see you around town! I have to get back to work now. Bye!” he exclaimed. With that, he left the café but before leaving, he tapped three times on the glass panel beside me as a sign of good luck.

 

As soon as he left, a black van then swerved through the streets, knocking over trashcans and avoiding pedestrians along the walkway. It soon came to a stop in front of the café and two masked men came out rapidly. They entered the café and scanned the area as if looking for something until they settled their eyes on me. They went up to me and grabbed me by the arms before dragging me into the van.

 

But before that could happen, gunshots were heard from faraway and I turned to see that one of my assailants had been hit in the arm. Immediately, I sprinted away from them into the bulletproof car, which T.O.P. held open the door for me. Not faraway, was the scene of four figures. It seemed that Daesung and Taeyang were engaged in a fight with two others. Few minutes later, police sirens could be heard and the four assailants drove away in the black van.

 

As Daesung and Taeyang entered the car, I thanked all three of them repeatedly for saving my life. They just shrugged it off, saying that they were just doing their job of protecting the citizens and maintaining peace and order, etc. We then left the crime scene for Section 7’s headquarters. Once we reached, I was led into a meeting room filled with chairs neatly tucked under a large wooden table.

 

Daesung then began setting up the projector while Taeyang led me to my seat near the screen. T.O.P. then began filling me in on the details I needed to know. However, I fell back into my dreamland as I stared in awe at this amazing place no other citizen would have realized. It seems as if that working for the government has its privileges like getting a high salary. Don’t get me wrong but working to help one’s nation is good.

 

“Earth to GD. Earth to GD.” T.O.P. began waving his hands wildly in front of my face. I then realized that I was in dreamland and looked back at him. He then went on explaining about pictograms found in various parts of the world, like Egypt, South Africa and China. However, they were written in an ancient language, which was hard to decipher. And deciphering it would take weeks, if not months!

 

At this moment, I knew whom to call and excused myself from the meeting room. I pressed the quick dial on my mobile and after two rings, Seungri picked up the call.

 

“Hey buddy! Are you all right? I was just about to call you after watching the news about the gunshots near the café.” he answered.

 

“Yes I’m fine thank you. Still being able to walk. Anyways, I need some of your help here. You see I’m working on the government on this project on ancient pictograms but there’s this language which I’m unable to decipher. So I was thinking if I could use some of your help around here since you’re the expert in this field, pretty please?” I pleaded with him.

 

“Aish… fine then! Tell me the place, I’m coming over right now. This better not be an excuse to see me again else I’ll shave your hair off!”

 

“Haha thanks buddy! I’ll drop you a message on the address.” and then I hung up.