4

At World’s End

Location unknown, 21 January 2012

 

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

It was around noon when I received a message from Hoya. I opened the message only to have my jaw hanging from its hinge.

 

To: Leadergyu

From: Hoya

 

Sorry to disappoint you but both GD and T.O.P. made it out alive. Sungyeol got injured in the process. We’re currently at a private clinic removing the bullet from his arm. Will be back late.

 

A plethora of feelings soon welled up in my heart, I didn’t know what it was. Hurt, anger and worry, etc. Anyway, I got to answer to the boss and I’m fully prepared to take whatsoever’s coming my way. I mentioned the password to the microphone and slowly entered the dim room. As usual, I settled down and waited patiently for the boss to appear. Not long, the chair across me starts to shimmer only to reveal a hooded figure with dark eyes staring intensely at me.

 

“Good afternoon, Sunggyu,” the hooded figure said.

 

“Same to you boss.”

 

“So what do you have to report today?”

 

I remained silent for what seemed like 30 seconds before being prompted. “Well… what exactly happened? Are you going to tell me or not?” he said harshly.

 

With that, I immediately stood up and did a 90° bow in front of him. “I’m so sorry I disappointed you. I’ve misplaced the trust you’ve put in me. This will not happen again.” I assured him.

 

“It’s alright Sunggyu. Sit down. I know what happened.”

 

“What? How did-“

 

He interrupted, “My doctor friend at the private clinic told me what had happened when she saw four masked men walking into her clinic with one of them bleeding profusely. Luckily, it was a near death escape for them. Hidden reports showed that T.O.P. has perfect eyesight when it comes to using a pistol even 1km away.” He added on, “Anyways, I’ll put you guys on a break for a few months since I have urgent matters to attend to. So meanwhile, Infinite will be helping me out to manage my business. Is that alright?”

 

“Oh yes absolutely! We’ll do it to the best of our abilities! Thank you!”

 

“Very good. Is that all?”

 

“For now.” I said.

 

With that, the boss’ hologram began to disappear and vanish. I rose from my seat and left the now-empty room. There was much to do. Lee Foundation, one of the biggest companies in the world, the one and only Korean company, which managed to make it to Forbes Top 100. Not only does it produce and sell electronics, a wide range of products are also made such as supercomputers and hologram communication devices. Extensive research and development of up-to-date technology has served the Lee family well. However, unknown to the rest of the world is an integrated underwater city directly below the continent of Antarctica.