28

At World’s End

The Aquamarine, Antarctica, 21 December 2012

 

Seungri’s P.O.V.

 “Yes sir!” and he hurriedly left. I put on my coat and left for the lobby. This can’t be happening, I thought. Furthermore, three rings would bring total destruction! Once I saw Infinite, I briefed them of the current situation and they seemed all geared up ready for battle. I then talked to Sungyeol in private.

 

“This ring is very precious. You cannot lose it. Do you understand?” I asked. He nodded firmly and we left with the others to confront our intruders. I wished them good luck and all the best. We ran to the scene only to see widespread destruction. Buildings had fallen, trees were uprooted and children were seen crying on the streets.

 

“Oh hello! We bring you the apocalypse!” came a voice from the leader. Wait… I recognise this voice, it sounds very familiar. “Long time no see Lee Seungri!” and the three of them lowered their hoods to reveal their faces only to see T.O.P., Daesung and Taeyang! “Wake him up!” ordered T.O.P. and soon a ball of water created by Daesung was hurled at the unconscious man’s face.

 

“Argh! Where am I?” he asked. “Omo! Seungri is that you?” he questioned. I replied happily, “GD you’re still alive! And you’re in my underwater city!” T.O.P. then interrupted, “Sorry but this will be your last time seeing him.” and he took out a detonator. “Goodbye!” he said and pressed the button. But to his surprise, nothing happened.

 

“What the hell is wrong with this thing?” he yelled angrily. “Did you put in the batteries?” GD asked. We all gave him a what-the-hell look. I then explained that we have removed the bomb barrages so that thing in his hands now is useless. “It’s alright. We’ll kill him then.” and then he pointed the gun under GD’s chin. He was about to pull the trigger when a fireball was hurled in his direction.

 

T.O.P. managed to dodge it with ease and spoke to Sungyeol and me, “Oh I see that you’ve handed it over to him. So you want a battle is it? Then it shall be one. If you manage to defeat us, you can get your dear friend back but if you fail, then we’ll-“ and his eyes began scanning the area until he saw Sungjong, “-get the maknae.”

 

“Deal!” Sungjong shouted. Sunggyu then covered his mouth, “No you can’t!  I promised to look after you.” He then replied simply, “Hyung it’s all right. I’ll be fine. Besides I’m old enough to take care of myself. Thank you for all this while hyung.” T.O.P. then interrupted, “All right! Come and catch us if you can! The battle will take place above us!” and the three of them ran in separate directions.

 

Before Infinite left to hunt them down, I briefed them beforehand. “Sunggyu and Hoya, you’ll head to the lake to battle Daesung. Beware he’s wearing the Ring of Water, a golden ring bearing a sapphire crystal. Dongwoo, Woohyun and L, you’ll head to the mountains to battle Taeyang. Beware he’s wearing the Ring of Air, a golden ring bearing a quartz crystal. Sungyeol and Sungjong, you’ll head to the plains to battle T.O.P. Beware he’s wearing the Ring of Darkness, a golden ring bearing an obsidian crystal. Defeat them and retrieve their rings. Do you understand?” I ordered.

 

“Yes sir!” they replied and left in a flash, heading off to their destination. “Good luck!” I muttered under my breath, leaving GD and me behind in silence. The reappearance of the rings worries me…