10

At World’s End

Diamond mines, South Africa, 24 January 2012

 

Fortunately, it was a public holiday in South Africa hence everyone would be down at the town square watching the celebrations. Therefore, Sunggyu, Hoya and Sungjong had the whole place to them. Or maybe not… You see the thing with bomb barrages is that you need to be at a safe distance away from them and at the same time, you need to be in range to press the detonator to set them off.

 

They hid themselves well behind some rocky outcrops at the entrance of the mine and waited patiently for their victims to arrive. Not for long, GD and the rest arrived in a cab. The team then headed into the diamond mines in search for the pictograms. Daesung and T.O.P. stood guard near the entrance in case of spies or intruders.

 

GD’s P.O.V.

“Eww… such a disgusting place. All filled with mud and grime. I wonder how the miners survive in such terrible conditions.” I remarked.

 

“Aish… stop whining well ya! Just search for the pictograms and get out! I too want to leave this place!” retorted Taeyang.

 

It was at this point in time where we heard Seungri squealed in excitement. “Hey guys! Come and look what I found!”

 

We turned our heads in his direction only to find the pictograms carved nicely into the face of the diamond cave. It glittered and shone beautifully under the light. Seungri and I then did a quick snap of pictures before concluding our discovery. But before we could leave, Taeyang spotted an Infinite symbol drawn beside the pictograms.

 

When I saw this, I was so scared that I almost peed in my pants. We rushed towards the exit as fast as possible. As we were making our exit, Taeyang bumped into someone and fell onto the cold, hard floor. “Ouch!” he exclaimed.

 

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

“Argh! Why isn’t this stupid thing working?” I whispered angrily under my breath as I pressed the button on the detonator. “Hoya and Sungjong, you’ll buy me some time by battling the two guys at the entrance while I go in to solve the problem.” I ordered.

 

“Yes hyung!” they replied. Sungjong looked at me and mouthed, “Be careful.”

I nodded firmly and went into the caves cautiously while Hoya and Sungjong distracted these guys for me. Suddenly, I bumped into someone whom was running head wards in my direction. As soon as I recovered from my dizziness, I realized who they were. I immediately pressed the detonator to set off the bombs and whispered, “Bomb voyage.”