Prologue

At World’s End

Johannesburg, South Africa, 1988 BC

 

“Bam!” and doors to the emperor’s throne room flew open. The high priest hurried up the flight of stairs and bowed silently in front of the studious-looking man.

 

“What’s with all the rush, Kan?” asked the young emperor.

 

“Your royal highness, my fellow priests and I have made a prediction that an apocalypse will arrive 4000 years later! It will be so devastating that the face of the Earth will be transformed completely!” replied Kan.

 

“Well then… what the hell are you waiting for? We must notify the historians and ask them to alert the future generations of this incoming disaster!”

 

“I’ve already put that into action and tasked them to add in some paintings in the diamond mines to convey the message to the future generations.”

 

“Well done my good and faithful servant! Now all that’s left is to pray for them and hopefully they’ll survive this ordeal.”

 

Years later…

London, England, 1812

 

“Forward! Protect Lord Crea with your lives so that we can allow him to escape!” yelled the commander to his battalion.

 

It was a fearsome battle between the rebels and the army. Disappointed with the high taxes they need to pay and the luxurious lifestyle, which their lord has been living, the townsfolk finally took it upon themselves to bring about an uprising.

 

“Milord! These sketches just came from Professor Byron whom is currently in South Africa,” cried the lord’s right-hand man. “He told me that it is very important that you need to see this!”

 

“What can be more important than this war? Hurry up else you’re going to end up in their spinach soup!”

 

But before they could make their escape, Lord Crea was shot in the chest by an arrow. He then fell from his horse onto the ground. Before his eyes closed, he saw his attacker walking up towards him.

 

“Who are you?” Lord Crea asked weakly.

 

“We are Infinite.” the attacker replied coldly. And with that, the attacker took his sword and stabbed the Lord to death. The sketches were left behind lost in the midst of the war, probably burnt in the raging wildfire…