24

At World’s End

Sunggyu’s P.O.V.

I met Sungyeol along the hallways of the Aquamarine. I was actually surprised that I was alive and him too! I thought he had died and I told he to pinch me to check that I was in reality and not in dreamland. “Ouch! Do you have to pinch me that hard!” I shouted in his ears.

 

“Geez… hyung what’s wrong with you?” he replied whilst rubbing his ears. He then said, “I’ve got to get going. The secretary said that I’m wanted at the meeting room.”

 

“Eh… you too! I also got a message asking me to go to the meeting room.” I said.

 

“Oh! Then let’s go there together!” he said and we managed to find out way there without getting lost.

 

Over there, we met a servant and she led us into the meeting room. To our surprise, we were facing five familiar faces. It was Infinite! “Hyung!” they cried in unison. I then ran over to Sungjong and hugged him tightly. “I’m so glad you’re safe and sound.” I told him.

 

“H-Hyung y-you’re c-crushing m-me! I-I c-can’t b-breathe!” he choked.

 

“Oh mianhae Sungjong. I just missed you. I didn’t break that promise right.” I said firmly.

 

He then asked, “How on Earth are you and Sungyeol hyung alive?”

 

“Oh! We’ll let Sungyeol tell us his side of the story first.”

 

Flashback

Sungyeol’s P.O.V.

Vladivostok, Russia 23 January 2012

 

If I remember clearly, I was coughing out blood and L saw me and immediately brought me to the hospital. On the way there, I was knocked out unconscious. The doctors at the hospital told L that there wasn’t any pulse and that I had died. He then left the hospital in a hurry, with tears streaming down his cheeks. As the nurses were transporting me to the morgue, I saw a strange glow of light with someone telling me that my time wasn’t up yet and before I knew it, my eyes fluttered open. The nurses were shocked and called for the doctor who did some thorough checks on me and declared that I was still alive.

 

The nurses then tried to contact L desperately but he didn’t leave any form of contact behind so I had to spend two months in the hospital to expel the poison from my body. I healed pretty quickly and it was soon time to be discharged from the hospital but I didn’t have any money on me to foot for the medical bills. It was not until Chairman Lee searched for me and offered to pay for my hospital bills. So I’m really grateful and thankful for his favour to him. I promised to serve him till the end of time and he just waved it away and tell me to perform a good job. He sent for a submersible to bring me back here so here I am.

 

End of flashback

Sungyeol then whacked L on the back of his head, “Yah you pabo! Why didn’t you leave your contact behind? You know I had to suffer for two months behind plain white walls!”

 

“Ouch! Hyung what was that for?” he whined. We all laughed at his action.