Aron's POV: Day Four

Oppa, I Don't Remember!

I woke up, I didn't know what time, which frustrated me. I had lost all my sense of time, these past few days. I wasn't sure how many days had past. Or has it only been hours? I sighed. I had to quickly wake up.

I heard Niina entering the room (still using crutches) together with someone else who I couldn't identify (the person didn't say anything). Niina sat down next to me and started talking.

"Hi Aron. How are you today? I was allowed to follow the others to work today! They had so much to do! I bet they were lying when they were saying the got some free time!  And you know? Apparently Baekho's writing a song, I haven't heard it yet. He doesn't allow anyone to come close when he's working on it. I've been watching him from afar. He always looks so serious while working but also slightly sad."

Niina stopped talking, "I don't know, he seems ... lonely."

She paused but then continued talking, "today they had an interview. They were continuously asked where you were but the manager told them not to answer those questions. I guess they don't want to worry anyone. I brought a book you know. I thought I'd read a bit so you won't get bored. It's a story my mother used to read to my and my sister. I've always loved it."

 

Once upon a time, there was an unwanted doll. She had been in the store for a very long time and everyone had forgotten about her. Not because she wasn't pretty but because she was missing an arm and nobody bothered to sew the arm, which was lying next to her, back on.

The doll's only wish was to be loved and cherished just like the others.

One day, early in the morning a woman entered with a little girl in a wheelchair.

The little girl had gotten in an accident and broken her leg. She said she would like a doll but all the owner's dolls were sold out.

"Mommy!” the child suddenly called, “look at that doll. She looks so lonely there sitting by herself."

The owner told the child it was a dusty and old doll and her arm was cut off but the girl objected.

"No," she cried, "she needs to be loved too!"

The owner took the doll and gave it to the little girl so she could look at it.

The little girl hugged her closely, "Mama, please may I have her? She's a pretty doll. She's just broken like I am now."

The owner decided to give the doll to the girl because it would have ended up in the garbage anyway.

The little girl cuddled the doll close to her. The once unwanted doll had never felt happier!

 

I noticed Niina's voice started trembling near the end and after the story had finished she started crying. The second person in the room suddenly moved towards her.

"Don't cry," he said.

I recognized Minki's voice.

Niina started crying even louder. I wish I could do something...