Aron's POV: Day Two

Oppa, I Don't Remember!

I woke up and immediately noticed something was off. But what?

I listened closely. Then I realized I couldn't hear her breathing anymore. I had gotten used to it, it proved to me she was still alive but now...

Did something happen?

Is she alright?

Because I couldn't see anything I started to panic even more...

She couldn't have stopped breathing, right?

They just moved her, right?

I tried to calm all the crazy thoughts flying through my head.

Then I heard someone enter the room.

He/she was barefooted and apparently couldn't stand on one foot because he/she used crutches. I heard sniffing and sometimes a quiet hiccup. It seemed as though that person had been crying.

I heard a chair being dragged until it was next to me.

"Aron," I heard that person say.

I felt shock and relief at the same time.

Niina!

Thank God, she's still alive!!

But why was she crying?

"I'm sorry, ..." she continued but paused, not knowing what to say, "you know... because of that accident I got my memories back," she eventually said but stopped and started crying again.

"It's hard... knowing they won't return..." she sobbed, "I went to visit my mom. That was the first time... I didn't feel the need to because I didn't know her anyway. But now... My dad too, he's still being kept alive as I asked but... but seeing them made it even harder. And you're like this too!"

Her crying was heartbreaking. She had to go through so much. I felt so helpless.

"Sarah too..." she cried.

"You protected me... just like she did... You know Aron? She protected me too... and died because of it! She covered me during the car crash! And you too! Why?" she asked, knowing she wouldn't get an answer, "why did you have to protect me? I don't want to lose anyone anymore!"

Because you're important to me!

You're so important, I couldn't risk loosing you...

I don't regret saving you but I am sorry I hurt you like this.

I heard some people run through the hallway and the door of our room been thrown open.

I also heard a mix of "Niina, are you alright?" and "Niina, I heard you woke up?" cries as all four of them rushed in the room.

I could hear Niina gasping and I assumed Minhyun pulled her in one of his crushing I-will-never-ever-let-you-go hugs.

"Niina~" I could hear Minhyun cry.

Niina patted his back, "It's alright, I'm fine" she said.

"If you're not careful, you'll choke her," Dong Ho said, slightly amused.

"But I missed her so much!" Minhyun sobbed, not being able to let her go.

"We all did," Jong Hyun responded.

"Then you hug her too," Minhyun said.

I heard them all coming closer and the rustling of clothes as they hugged her.

"Minki," Minhyun said, "you come too."

It stayed quiet for a while.

"I can't," Minki responded.

And again it was quiet.

"What's wrong with Ren?" I heard Niina ask Dong Ho.

"He said he can't come," he translated.

I heard the rustling of clothes and someone hopping on one foot.

I assumed Niina hopped to Minki, "It's not your fault," she said with a muted voice from which I understood she was hugging him.

"It's not your fault," she repeated and Minki understood what she wanted to convey.

He started crying. I guess he was longing to hear those words.

The others didn't say anything, afraid to ruin the moment.

After a while, I heard Niina hopping back to the chair next to me.

Minki's sobbing had lessened to only a slight sniffing.

"How is he?" Dong Ho suddenly asked.

"The doctor said his physical condition is improving but not as well as they had hoped," Niina answered.

Dong Ho sighed, "Please wake up fast hyung" he said.

The others agreed.

"When can you leave the hospital?" he asked Niina.

"Within one or two days. The doctor said there's a lot of chance I can leave tomorrow."

"We'll come and pick you up, you can't walk on your sprained ankle right?" he asked.

"Hmm," she agreed, "but aren't you guys busy?"

Dong Ho laughed, "It's alright, besides, the manager canceled all the photo shoots and such, we can't do them without Aron so we have a lot of free time."

"... I see ..."

There was an awkward silence.

The door opened, "Guys, it's time," the manager carefully said.

"We need to go," Dong Ho translated.

"Okay, I'll see you tomorrow," Niina answered.

They all hugged her again and left.

Again it was just the two of us.

"They're kind, aren't they?" she said, "Your friends... In America I have friends too. They must be worried, I haven't contacted them for so long... I guess they'll be shocked when they know what happened..."

She kept on talking to me. It was nice, listening to her voice. Telling me all kinds of silly memories she had with her friends.

"You know," she suddenly said, "we visited Korea before. When Sarah and I were only four years old".

She chuckled, "I don't remember anything but apparently I had a boyfriend. He was really cute, I saw a picture of him. My mom told me he could speak both English and Korean, just like you, I guess."

Suddenly she became quiet.

"Mom told me his name was Anton," she slowly said, "but she wasn't sure."

"Aron... you actually look a lot like the boy in the picture... that's not possible, right?" she asked me insecure but I wasn't able to respond.

I wasn't sure how I would have responded, if I could. I didn't remember much of when I was four.

Only a sweet little girl with ponytails...

It can't be?

I didn't remember her face that well, so I wasn't sure.

It can't be... right?

Niina seemed to have come to the conclusion, not to think about it for now. She started talking about other random stuff and slowly I drifted away.

I never knew listening could be this exhausting. Not that I didn't like listening to her, I just felt so tiered...

 

"Aron, are you there?" the sweet kid with the ponytails asked as she was knocking on the door of the small house we were staying at.

I opened the door, "Here I am!" I laughed.

Al though she was two years younger than me, we got along perfectly.

Running around, being mischievous, ...

We always got yelled at but we had fun.

"Let's go," she said, as she grabbed my hand.

I smiled and let her drag me along.

"So, what do you want to do next?" she asked.

I looked at her, "You choose."

Suddenly her mom appeared in front of us.

"We didn't do anything bad!" she told her mom.

Her mom smiled, "Don't worry, I just want to take a picture of you two! Please smile!" she said.

I was blinded by the light and couldn't really see much afterwards.

"Now I have solid proof of your first boyfriend," her mom said satisfied, "by the way, what's your name again?" she asked me.

"Aron" I told her but I was still covering my face with my hand.

"I see, well Anton, go have some fun together" her mom said as she happily walked of.

I wanted to tell her my name was Aron but she had already disappeared.

Oh well, nothing I can do about it. I thought.


Author's Note

Hi everyone!!

Well, it's kind of hard to write these chapters because Aron can't see anything and on top of that I'm constantly distracted by other fanfics XD

Oh well, hope you enjoyed it!!

By the way, please don't misunderstand Baekho... he said they have a lot of free time but that doesn't mean they're happy about it. They want to work as hard as they can and knowing they have all that free time because Aron's in the hospital makes it even worse. Just thought I'd mention it, because while I was writing this chapter it, it seemed as though Baekho was really happy while saying they have free time... He's just trying his best to seem cheerful...

Please comment and subscribe!!