Aron's POV: Day One

Oppa, I Don't Remember!

When I woke up, I heard voices. “No they haven’t woken up yet. It’s already been three days.”

Three days? I wondered. What happened three days ago? But then, while trying to remember, I got a headache. I wanted to place my hand on my forehead, but I was unable to move my arm. When I tried to open my eyes, they felt too heavy to open. I realized I had no control over my body. I could only listen. I heard the footsteps of two people coming closer. Listening to their footsteps, I noticed one of them was a woman. I heard the rustling of them changing bandaids. It seems to be coming from somewhere next to me.

“She seems to be healing well,” the woman said, “we only have to wait until she wakes up.”

“Hmmm,” the other person agreed.

They walked over to me. I felt the soft touch of hands carefully changing the bandaids on my head. After they finished the bandaging, the woman said: “I hope he’ll be alright, seeing the gravity of his wounds.”

“He’ll survive. Because I’ll take care of him,” the other person who seemed to be a doctor said.

It stayed quiet for a moment and they both didn’t say anything when they left the room.

I now noticed two monitors beeping and when I listened closer, I heard a soft breathing of someone not too far from me. It calmed me down, knowing I wasn’t alone.

I dozed off for a second but when I woke up I heard people entering the room again.

“Hyung~” I heard someone cry.

I realized it was Minhyun’s voice. I heard someone walking closer and a chair moving. Then someone took ahold of my hand and I felt teardrops falling on my hand.

“Minki..." Dong Ho said, not sure how he should continue.

I heard them leaving the room and the door closing after Dong Ho whispered something.

“I’m sorry hyung, it’s all my fault,” Minki said, while quietly sobbing, “if only I didn’t, ... it’s all my fault, I’m so sorry.”

I wanted to hug him and tell him it’s alright but I still couldn’t move. I had to listen to Minki who blamed himself for everything that had happened.

“It’s all my fault you and Niina...” he continued.

Niina? I wondered. Why does that name sound so familiar?

Then I suddenly remembered.

The car, it hit us and we…

Niina!!!

Is she alright?

She’s still alive right?!

She can’t die!!

Not her!!

Not again!!

I don’t want to lose anyone I love anymore!

Please don’t take her away from me!

I panicked but because I couldn’t do anything I was forced to calm down.

She should be alright…

I don’t remember anything after my head hit the ground…

I made sure she didn’t die…

Right?

Then I remembered the breathing next to me…

Could it be?

Minki suddenly let go of my hand and walked to the other side of the room.

“I’m sorry Niina,” he said, “it’s all my fault, I’m sorry.”

I felt relieved.

She’s still alive!

But then I started worrying again.

How bad are her injuries?

She will wake up, right?

I heard everyone enter the room again. They walked over to Minki.

“It’s time to leave,” Jong Hyun said.

Minki started crying louder and Minhyun followed his example.

Jong Hyun and Dong Ho tried to calm them down but they only started to calm down after 5 minutes had passed.

They all left the room.

“We’ll visit again tomorrow,” Minhyun said before he left, not knowing I was able to hear him.

I was happy knowing they cared so much about me. I wanted to hurry and wake up so I could comfort them but it didn’t seem possible at the moment.

The rest of the day stayed quiet. The doctor entered the room to check on us again. I learned that the doctor who’s taking care of me, doesn’t treat that much patients although he’s one of the best doctors in Korea and that I should be happy he’s willing to cure me. But I could only think of Niina, worrying about her, hoping she’ll be alright. Listening to everything they said to ensure she’ll be alright. But it was so tiring I eventually fell asleep.