Chapter 29 :

Let's Start Anew

 

            I placed my business ad notes into my pink Jestina bag pack and zipped it close. Any moment from now, Maam Juri will dismiss us and that will be the time for me to head out. I have a confession to make: I’ll cut class today.

            Yes, you read that right. The ever punctual Kim Hyoyeon won’t attend her History class. And I think today’s the first I’ll do this again since I attended college but today, I have to. I have my reasons, believe me.

            “Are there any questions? …If none then, that will be all for now. I’ll be seeing you on Friday.” Maam Juri gathered all her things and went out of our classroom like a boss. Other students also began to disperse. And that will be my cue. I should hurry so I can catch the bus. I stood up from my seat and hastily grabbed my bag.

            “Hyoyeon-sshi,” someone touched my shoulder.

            “Ne?” I turned around to see Doo Joon looking at me and smiling. He’s in a good mood today.

            “What’s in a hurry?” He asked. “Wait for me. Let’s go to History together.” He said as he fixes his things.

            “Uhm. Doo, I’m not attending History today.” I told him, a bit hesitant and ashamed.

            “You? Since when did you learn to cut class?” He almost gagged.

            Okay, do I really look like a perfect student or he just knew me that well?

            “Err…Just now. I have to go JYP University. There’s this dance I have to do and teach.”

            Yes, that was basically my reason. Junho once told me, he’ll want me to complete the routine for the contest. And here I am, still unable to form one. Although I do a lot of freestyle when I was young, I never really had to choreograph my own dance since we have our dance trainer. But now, I have to do a minute choreography for a competing dance troupe.

            Do you know how pressured I am right now? =___=

            And to think it’s my first time. :(

            “Well, I have to go now. Just tell me what you’ll do in History, okay? Thank you, Doo. Bye-bye!” I waved at him and began to pace.

            “I just wish Junho’s not causing you trouble because of what’s he’s doing.” Doo Joon said out loud. I stopped from walking and turned to give him my brightest smile.

            “Don’t worry. He’s not.” And with that I run out and went to the nearest bus stop.

*********

            And just what I’ve thought no one’s in the studio yet. The room is empty and quiet. I’m an hour early for the practice. And that’s what I needed, some time to form my dance. But instead of changing to my dancing shoes and start doing moves like what I do, I just placed my things to their normal spot and went out of the room with my earphones stuffed to my ears and my iPod on shuffle.

            I exhaled some fresh air as I leaned to one of the railings at the studio’s corridor. Up here, I can see the park where I first saw Junho. The same bench I sat on and the same fountain that we run around, it’s good to reminisce those kind of memories.

            Is Junho really troubling me with this Step Up Competition like what Doo Joon said earlier? Thinking about it, he is not. He never did. He actually made me fall in love again…with dancing. Well, okay, with him too. *blush* But seriously, if it is not because of him, I will never knew my heart well. I will never know what I love, and who I love.

            Okay, Hyo, enough of this emo thing. I have to go back to my agenda. I need to choreograph a dance.

            The song in my player then changed, and the voice of Sophia Fresh startled me.

            Huh-uh-uh
            What it is
             I-I-What it is

  (A/N: This is the song Hyo, Soo, Seo, and Yong dance in MBC Star dance battle Watch it, if you haven’t.)

 

            Unknowingly, my hands began to do some gestures and my head move from side to side. Then I closed my eyes like I always do when I want to feel the music. The song is not as strong compared with the music in our dance routine. But listening to it just makes my entire body groove.

            I continued listening to it as I form some movement in my mind. But then, I felt someone remove strands of hair away from my face and pushed it behind my left ear. Then one of my earphones was carefully plucked out by his soft and cold fingers. He lifted the earphone to his ears and he carefully leaned to the same railings I was leaning.

             Curiously, I opened my eyes and was taken aback to see Junho standing beside me. He’s glowing. The light of the sun his finely chiselled face and golden brown hair, emphasizing all his features. His eyes were close and his feet began to tap when he heard the music played on my iPod. He looked so serene and perfect that I can’t help myself to smile and stare to the man I’m in love with.

            “Stop staring. I’ll melt.” I heard him spoke. Quickly I remove my gaze and just look some random place. How did he know?

            “I’m not.” I felt my ear got redder.

            “Hyo,” he called. The smile wasn’t removed from his face.

            “Hmm?” I looked back at him. His eyes still close as he listens to the music.

            “Aren’t you too early? Don’t you have a class?” He asked. I pressed my lips. I don’t know why but I can’t seem to answer him at the moment. I just smiled. He sounded like a boyfriend that was not obeyed by his girl. And could I be that girl?

             Slowly, he opened his eyes. “You don’t have to cut class for practices. You, silly.” He ruffled my hair until it was a mess. He turned to look far away again and continued to listen to the music, while on the otherhand was like this -> (=_=)” due to my messy hair. Once Sophia Fresh’s song ended, Junho began to speak again.

            “Hey, what song is this? I like it.” Junho removed the earphone from his ears and faced me.

            “You do? I like you too!” I blurted in high note. Oh my goodness gracious. It is official; my tongue has its own life.

            “What did you just say? You like me?” I saw how amused and surprised Junho is. His small eyes grew big and his cheek bones lifted. Well, I can’t blame him. I was surprised myself with what I said.

            “Huh? Ah…I said I like the song! I’ll use it for my choreo.” Blood started to go up my head and so I began to fan myself. “Whew. I think it’s too hot out here. I’ll just go in the studio. Annyong!” I quickly went in the room and completely ignored him.

            “Wait up!” I heard him called.

            I paused at the middle of the dance floor and looked at my own reflection at the mirror, then at Junho’s as he went inside too. He was beaming like a little boy. I didn’t mind him and I closed my eyes as I recall the dance steps I just formed a while ago.

            “So you do like me, huh?” I heard him spoke near me and poke my cheeks.

            Gah, this is not the way I plan to confess. I have to make him shut up for now.

            “Stop that.” I grab the hand he’s using to poke me. “Come here.” I pulled him to my back.

            “W-what are you doing?” He stuttered.

            I grab his other hand and placed them on my waist as I turn my back to him.

            “Ahh…Hyo?” He asked again. I wanna gagged at him when I saw his flustered look on the mirror.

            “We won’t do anything okay? So stop that look on your face.” I giggled. “I just need you to help me with my choreography. I don’t know if it will work.” I explained.

            I shifted my grab from his hands to his wrist and I felt how he gripped my waist tighter. I bet he already knew what I will ask him to do.

            “Can you carry me?” I asked.

            “Of course, I do.” He said proudly.

            So, on my cue he started to lift me up but the problem is he did it way too high that I almost hit the ceiling. We did it again on the second try, and for sure, I already hit the ceiling. -.-

            “This won’t do, Junho-ah.” I told him as he continued to rub and blow my forehead.

            “If I, who is small, already hit the ceiling, just imagine if Chansung was to carry Sooyoung.” I said.

            “She’ll absolutely fly to the roof.” Junho continued. We both laughed at the thought.

            “Come on, I thought of another idea.” I stand in front of him again and automatically he grabbed my waist again. He seemed to like squeezing my fat, huh?

            “Eh, Junho, let’s not do the lifting anymore.” I removed his hands away from me and I observed how he pouted when I did. “Just stand there for now. Then on my que, pretend like you’re pulling me, like this…” (A/N: See 1:49-1:50 of the video)

            He nodded as if he understood what I meant. And so, I run to connect my iPod to the speakers and immediately went back to my position when I heard the music played. I lowered before him and waited for the right beat.

            “Junho, on eight. A five, six, seven and eight. Pull.” I commanded. And it was perfect. It’s a good eye trick and no one would get hurt. I started moving, doing what my body want to. I groove to the music, every beat, every lyrics, I never missed. While I do my thing up there, I didn’t know Junho already found his own spot on the side and was watching me intently.

            “Wohooooo!” He howled. “That’s my future girlfriend! And she’s a swagger!” He stood up and cheered when I finished with my final step.

            I laughed out loud of his sudden reaction. He acted like a proud boyfriend. Lol. But instead of hugging him, I run to his side and forcedly covered his mouth for being too noisy. And with that, he found revenge by tickling me.

            “Ahaha-stop-hahaha-it. I should hahaha-teach you guys the-hahahaha-dance now. Hahaha” I chuckled slash said when I saw Wooyoung, Junsu and Nickhun walk in the studio and paused with the sight of me and Junho playing.

            “What…” Wooyoung began.

            “…are you two…” Junsu continued.

            “…doing?” Nickhun finished.


Finally, an update. :)

I failed at the ending of this chapter. -.- I'll just continue it on Chapter 30.

Anyway, thank you again for reading this fic. *3*

Share love. Comment, Subscribe, and add me as friend. >:D<