Chapter 26

Let's Start Anew

 

                “Hyo,” that deep familiar voice called my name. I know who he is even without looking.

                “Yes?” I turned my head above me, and I was right. It is him, the man I want to avoid right now. His eyes look directly into mine, covered with regret and longing.

                “I need to talk to you.” Junho said in low tone so we won’t get any attention.

                “Uhmm…” I was unsure. I don’t know how many times I gulped my saliva just to unease the tension I’m feeling. I forced not to stare into his eyes and eyed Sooyoung instead for support. All these time, she was already observing us. She made a nod to me, like telling me ‘It’s fine. Talk to him.’

                 But being the scared cat I am. I look for an excuse not to talk to him instead.

                “I-I…think…Wooyoung’s ready to teach the next routine. I’ll g-go ahead.” I stuttered. And just in time, Wooyoung’s already getting everybody’s attention to go to the center floor. I grabbed the bottled water under the bench and stood up. Unable to look on Junho’s puzzled face, I immediately walk pass by him, carefully not to brush his shoulder.

---

                I hate myself.

                I hate that I’m such a coward not facing my problem who’s already approaching me. I hate that despite my strong persona, I have a fear of getting hurt. And getting hurt even more. I hate that I can’t face him and tell him what’s wrong. I hate that I still like him. I still like Junho even though I know he will never gonna like me back.

---

                The training ends at six, and everyone said good bye to each other with uneasy smile, knowing there’s only days left till the competition. And tomorrow will be the last day we will be learning a new dance, I mean them learning the choreography I’ll be making.

                I went back to the dance studio after changing my shirt with a fresh one. Surprisingly, Sooyoung, Chansung and Junho are still in the room chatting with each other. I went straight ahead to my things and began packing up, not minding the stares the three are giving me.

                “Hyo…” Junho called once again. I know he thinks I’m having PMS right now because of all the mood swings and whatever. But I don’t care, I already accepted that I can’t talk to him yet, with this emotions winning on me.

                “We need to go.” I told the boys, mainly looking only at Chansung. “Bye, you two.” I said and quickly dragged my bag over my shoulder and pace to walk out the studio.

                “Come on Sooyoung. I still need to buy ice cream for the girls.” I called.

                “Oh-kay wait up.” She hurriedly walked beside me but kept turning around and mouthing something to the two men.

                “What was that?” I asked knowing she’s keeping something from me.

                “Nothing.” She assured. I just shrugged. I don’t want to know her business with them.

---

                I was quite surprised that Sooyoung’s not opening the topic about Junho and my coldness towards him. She probably knew that I’m trying to move on and making my emotions subside. I know I can do this.

                “So…why ice cream all of a sudden, Hyo?” Sooyoung asked as we enter the building of our dorm.

                “Ahmm…coz it’s good for depression? And you guys are getting depressed because of me?” I half asked and half told her.

                “Ohhhh. But come to think of it, I had never seen you serious because of a boy. Or I have never really seen you serious at all.” She said as we set out off the elevator. “Interesting…” She nodded.

                I looked at her questionably before I ring the door bell of our dorm. What’s this girl up to now?

                “Hyoyeon, Sooyoung unnie!!!” We were shocked when the Seohyun jumped at us and hug us both. “Mianhe….I’m sorry. I won’t do that again.”

                “Maknae…Can’t….Breathe…” I act like I’m choking up just to make the maknae feel at ease and unguilty of the Junho-incident. I endlessly told her it was not her fault and there was nothing to be sorry about. I know she’s just trying to help, and it was my fault, it all screwed up.

                “Oh…” She gasped and released us both laughing in the process.

                “Kids!! Gather in the living room! ICE CREAM’S HERE!” I shouted as I remove my rubber shoes and replace them with my slippers. And instantly, all the six girls appear in seconds of the word of food.

                Everyone got their favourite flavours. I just know what each member like. It was easy to remember after years of friendship. ^_^ We really eat like pigs though when it comes to ice cream. Droplets everywhere and our hands are sticky. After finishing mine, I immediately go to the bathroom and wash up. How I love playing around but I love to be clean too.

                “Girls, I’ll help you clean up later, okay?” I said when I got out of the comfort room.

                “Why, unnie, are you going somewhere?” Yoona asked with chocolate all over .

                “Ah yeah.” I scratched my head. “I was thinking of running around the Han River tonight.” I admitted about my plan. Yes, I’ve been planning to have a jog just like I did when I’m in high school. I always do that whenever I have a problem, I push everything off my mind when I run. I just look ahead and work my legs up. Nothing to think about, not even my destination. That’s how I clear my head when I was younger and I’ll try doing it again.

                “I’ll be home by 9:00, I guess?” I estimated.                          

                “You’re not doing this again, Hyo.” Jessica spoke up. “You will never solve a problem by running away.”

                “Let me just clear my mind, Jess. Just this one, please?” I begged. “After all, I’m getting fat. Sooyoung’s calling me Fiona again.”

                The girls laughed at my comment. I don’t know what I told funny, but I joined them laughing anyway.

                “Let her, Sica. She needs time by herself. And she does needs to jog for those fats.” Taeyeon teased and convinced Jessica.

                “Kay.” The princess replied coldly.

                “Yey!” Instantaneously, I slipped on my rubber shoes once again to get ready for the jog. I put on my jacket and place my phone, wallet and ipod in my pocket. “I’ll get going.” I shouted.

                “Ne!” the other girls replied. “Take care!”

---

(Author’s POV, a short one)

                 After Hyoyeon yank the door closed and run excitedly, Sooyoung went out of her room with a phone in hand.

                “Hey, where’s Hyo?” Sooyoung asked the 7 girls who are now cleaning the floor.

                “She just went out.” Yuri said a matter of fact.

                “What?! When?! Where?!” Sooyoung exclaimed with a shock look.

                “What’s the problem, Soo?” Sunny asked back, also shocked with Sooyoung’s sudden reaction.

                “There’s someone who wants to talk to her.” She responded and held up her phone.

                Everyone gasped and knew they were wrong to send Hyoyeon off.

                “She just went out a minute ago to Han River to jog.” Tiffany explained. “Should I call her?”

                “Ppany just said Hyo went off for a run at Han River,” Sooyoung said again on the phone, ignoring the question of Tiffany. “Okay. But you do know Hyo’s unpredictable right? She ran without thinking where to go. It will be hard for you…okay okay, good luck then.” Sooyoung spoke to the other line then hanged up.

                “No need to call her, Ppany.” She finally answered the question of the young girl. “Let her solve her problem.” She smirked.

(End of Author’s POV)

---

                I really am stupid. Who will ever run along a river with this kind of weather?

                I arrive at the Han River, embracing myself to keep warm. I can’t even move my fingers from the cold. I shivered every now and then. I looked up in the sky and found a dark sky without stars. I knew then for a fact that it will rain.

                This won’t be good.Think, Hyo, think. I don’t want to go home yet. It has been 10 minutes since I left, and it will be ridiculous to go back.

                What do I do next after running? I asked myself, recalling back my early memories.

                Dance. I answered my own question. I always dance whenever I have a problem, and thinking about it, that’s how I really relieve stress and throw away my problems. Me and the music, just thinking about it makes me feel relaxed.

                Clubbing? No, the girls will be mad at me if they knew I went by myself.

                I need a quieter place.

                I look around and saw a tall building with the lights on. The JYP University, perfect! I just saw the place I can be with myself and no one will know I’m there right? Coz according to Junho, no one uses the studio after 6PM.

---

                Wow, just when I thought that with no one in the studio, it will make me feel at ease going in. But here I am again, tensed up upon entering the cold and empty dance studio. It just doesn’t feel right, invading other school’s room even if I already asked the guard for permission. But as I saw the long mirror infront me, it felt more than home. I kept the lights off and let the glow from the light post outside hit the dance floor. I took my ipod out of my jacket’s pocket and put on my earphones. I hit the play button and turn around. I closed my eyes once again and let the beat get me.

                Let’s throw all the problems away and move on.

 

 

 

                I hit every move with all my energy. Keeping up with the music. I didn’t mind have my hair all over my face, I keep on dancing. My body just won’t stop to move. I pump my chest hard to remove all the agony in my heart. I had my legs work fast as I move with my hands.         I prepared my foot for a full twist and let my body follow as I do. I made sure I spot stratight ahead at my reflection to make my move looks good. But I never expected the next thing that happened.

                I felt my knees wobbled and I lost balance. My body slowly leaned to the left and I can’t seem to move my foot to keep me straight. I closed my eyes and just waited for my body to drop on the floor but it never did. I felt warm hands envelope my waist and my hands involuntary held his shoulders for support.

                “Junho,” my voice cracked through my dry throat. I looked directly in his eyes, amaze as how clear and pure his eyes are.

                “Are you okay?” He finally asked after the awkward position and staring. He helped me to stand up but kept his hands around my waist and turn me to face him once I straightened.

                “I guess.” I told him and immediately remove my hands on his shoulders. I can sense how he catch his breath and stare at face at the same time. “Uhm..I need to go.” I tried to turn away from him and step my left foot but failed.

                “Eek!” I squealed as I felt a sting on my left ankle. I felt Junho support me again with his hands slipped on my waist.

                “How more stubborn can you get?” He scolded and sit down on his heels. He lifted my foot and removed my shoe. “I know what you’re doing, Hyo.” He said as he pull a handkerchief from his back pocket.

                “You do?” I chewed my lower lip.

                “Sooyoung told me everything,” He tied his hanky around my right ankle and I winced in pain as he tighten the knot.

                “She did?” I asked again the obvious. He stood up and lock his eyes with mine.

                “Yes. I know the moment you step foot on to the rehearsals a while ago that there is wrong. I know the way you don’t look at me, that you have a problem. I know that now, you’re backing up as I speak that you don’t want to talk to me…” He said as he made a move.

                “It’s just that…”

                “You get it all wrong Hyo.” He press on his palm on my shoulders to make me stop. “If you only stop being stubborn and continue hearing what I’m saying last night, you’ll never be like this.” He shook his head.

                “But you said---“

                “I said I don’t like you.” He held my right hand and place it on his right chest. “But, damn, I don’t know when but I…I love you. I love you that my heart still keeps on pounding when I found that you’re not in Han River and now It keeps on pounding even harder that I found you.”

                “Do you get that, Hyo? I don’t like you because you’re someone more than that. I love you.” He pull me to his chest and rested his chin on my head. 


SUPRISE! SURPRISE! O__O

Had you had a great holiday so far? Well I do.

We just went out of town but unfortunately the Villa doesn't have internet connection.

Never mind that. So how do you like the long update? Hihihihih. ;)) I know what you did there.

TELL ME WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT IT. I WANT TO KNOW YOUR REACTION. *_* I'M SERIOUS. :))

I think I'll be less updating after this chapter. And I know you know why. :(

Anyway, I love you all. Subscribe, Comment, and send me a message. You know I'll love that. <3333 >:D<

P.S. Sorry for the typos and grammar. I didn't have the chance to re-read this chappy before posting. =_="