Chapter 27

Let's Start Anew

 

            I think I got used to the citrus and manly scent of Junho that I found myself exhaling his fragrance like oxygen. My face is just inches away from him and I can see how he took glances of me on the side of his eyes from time to time. I tightened my grip around his neck and felt my heart flutters faster than before, and that makes me wonder if he felt it too.

            “Are you okay? Does it still hurt?” Junho asked as he continued walking at the side of the Han River.

            “I’m fine. Chincha. You don’t have to carry me like this.” I complained and slap his shoulders slightly with my right hand as the left remain to cling on his neck.

            Secretly, I like how Junho carried me on his back even though I already told him a hundred of times not to. The way he holds me, brings back memories how Appa gave me piggy back rides on the way home when I was still a kid. The sense of being off the ground and weightless, it’s just like I’m flying. But it was really his back that I secretly like. ^___^

            “You’re too clumsy too walk,” he said. “So I need to carry you instead.” He chuckled and lifted me up a little to shift the weight.

            “Yaaaaah!~~” I raised my voice.  “I’m not clumsy! And who told you to carry me?!” I asked. “You think I like to hug these broad shoulders of yours?!”

             Wait, did I just say that out loud? Oh crap!

            “So…,” he said amusingly. “You like my shoulders, huh?” He repeated.

            “What?! No! It’s totally not huggable. I don’t even dare to touch it. It’s hard as rock, as you may know. And...it’s…” Darn this mouth. Blood starts to form on my cheeks and I can just imagine the grin on Junho’s face right now.

            “Okay, okay. I understand. You don’t like it.” He said, mocking. He’s liking this, I knew it.

            “Yes, definitely.” I replied, a little blunt.

 

            People then began to look at our direction and seems like we’ve been gaining attention with this piggy back ride. And it just made me shut up and think again.

 

            This boy, is he serious?

             He loves me? He does? Junho loves me?I kept on thinking about this. Thoughts are floating in my head right now.

            But what is love, really? I like him. That, I know. But do I love him? What’s the difference? Isn’t that the same thing? Or maybe NOT? Ahhhh...this is crazy.

 

***FLASH BACK***

             “But you said---“

            “I said I don’t like you.” He held my right hand and placed it on his right chest. “But, damn, I don’t know when, but I…I love you. I love you that my heart still keeps on pounding when I found that you’re not in Han River and now it keeps on pounding even harder that I found you.” 

               “Do you get that, Hyo? I don’t like you because you’re someone more than that. I love you.” He pulled me to his chest and rested his chin on my head. 

            Time began to slow down. Everything fades away. It was just only Junho and me. And my sweaty face on his perfect shape chest.

            But why can’t I think of anything? Why am I so confused?

            He loves me? He does? Is that so?

            Upon contemplating, Junho suddenly broke the hug. He pressed his hands on my shoulders and looked intently into my eyes, waiting for an answer.

            “I…I don’t know…w-what to say.” I told him honestly. My head just went blank. I’m totally lost.

            Junho didn’t speak and stared into my eyes even more. After seconds of silent, I expect him to at least get mad or walk away, but instead, he smiled at me sweetly and I smiled back in return. Okay, this makes it more confusing. Why are we smiling?

            “It’s okay.” He finally said. “I’ll wait.”

            “You will?” I said, puzzled.

            “Yes. My confession might have shocked you.” He scratched his head and grin. “Let’s take things slowly. Should we?”

            I nodded, still getting a grasp of what’s happening.

            “I’ll wait patiently till you get the grasp of everything.” He just said what I was thinking. “But for now, let’s get you home and cure that ankle.” He eyed my foot that’s wrapped around his precious hanky.

            “Don’t worry about it. This is nothing. It’s not sprained or something, just weak.” I told him.

            “Can you walk?” He asked like he didn’t hear what I just said. “Ahh. Nevermind. I’ll just carry you home. Hop in my back.” He ordered as he turned around and lowered down.

            “I can walk. Seriously. Stand up, Junho-ah.” I bend down and pulled his shirt for him to get up.

            “Stubborn woman is always stubborn.” He complained and the next thing I know I squealed out of shock. Apparently, he just took my legs from the back and pulled it to him. Out of reflexes, I manage to hold onto him before I lost my balance once again. And like that, we went out of JYP University arguing on whether to let me walk or not.

***END OF FLASH BACK***

 

            “Junho-ah,” I cooed.

            “Mmm?” He mumbled. We’re just few blocks away from dorm.

            “Are you serious?”

            “About what? About you being clumsy?” He chuckled.

            “Babo~ Not that, but about what you said at the studio.”

            Junho set me down once we got infront of my dorm’s building. It was pretty late and cold, and people on their way home past by us.

            “Are you really willing to wait?” I asked as I felt my feet touch the ground. Junho then turned around to face me and he probably saw the worried look on my face.

            “I love you, Hyo. I’m sure of that. And I’ll wait till whenever you’re decided.” He said sincerely.

            “Thank you.” I smiled, a grateful one.

            Junho ruffled my hair fondly till it’s a big mess. “Babo. What are you thanking of?”

            “Uhmm…everything? Thank you for carrying me until here. You must be tired.” I took a step to pat his back. And his move surprised me once again. After patting his back a few times, he pulled me to a cuddle. My mouth made a perfect ‘O’ but I hugged him back too.

            “But seriously, Hyo, you should start losing weight. My back hurts, you know.” He said while swaying me from side to side.

            “Yah!” I slap his chest and pulled away. “You…” my eyes shrieked.

            “What? I’m just kidding.” He raised both hands in the air in surrender. “I swear…”

            I bit my lower lips to suppress the laughter. But his expression just made it so hard. The look on his face reminds me of my Appa’s face when Umma’s having tantrum over the pranks of my father. It’s just so funny. He surrendered so fast. Otoke. Just imagine when we get together, how many times I’ll see that look on his face. Kkkk.

            “You’re totally light, promise. You don’t know how heavy Taec hyung is.” He babbles. “Wait, are you holding your laughter?” He poked my cheeks.

            “No,” I giggled a little. “I really am not,” I said trying to get hold of myself. “You know what? I should get in now… You take care on your way home, okay?” I said, giving him a quick hug. “Thank you, again. Wait for me, okay?”

            “O-kay.” He sounded surprised with my sudden action. “Hey, Hyoyeon-ah.”

            “Yes?”

            He placed his hands in jacket’s pocket and began backing up slowly. “Can I take you out for dinner tomorrow after rehearsals?”

            “Uhmmm…Sure! Tomorrow’s good.” I smiled.

            “Really?! There’s no taking backing, okay? You said yes.” He can’t seem to hide his excitement and giddiness.

            “Yes.”

            “Woooo! Okay, I’ll see you tomorrow then. I can’t wait to learn your dance and our dinner. Bye bye! Fighting!” He yelled and runaway like a little kid.

            If he really loves me, until when is he willing to wait? But I guess, I should not keep him waiting too long, do I? @_@


 

PLEASE READ: 

 

First of all, I’m sorry for not making them official.

Let me explain about this.

Are you guys watching Dangerous boys? (If not, go and watch! It’s an interesting show, I’m telling you.)

Do you know the episode when the boys are getting hypnotized?

Yes, that one. When the counsellor is telling the SNSD about Jisoo’s case (Yuri&Jessica’s student) Hyoyeon, sort of, can relate to him. Jisoo’s very slow and tends to think a lot. His thoughts are separated from his feelings. He smiles to cover his emotions and to avoid answering questions. And Hyo said it felt like the counselor’s talking about her.

I kind of want to make the story more Hyo-realistic. So I thought, I have to adapt that one. And ta-da, I just screwed the love line. T.T Mian.

So there, hope you understand. Don’t kill me. Lols.

Subscribe, comment and share love. <3

#BeStrongJunsu #RIPtoJunsu'sDad