Chapter 16

Let's Start Anew

Hi guys! I'm sorry for not updating for the longest period of time. But here it is. :) I recommend you to re-read chapter 15 if you don't remember what happened last time. :D 

Are you ready?! Go, enjoy reading! :)


            I placed my green shoulder bag on top of my lap and began taking out my math notebook, some papers and two of my favorite pens. I put them beside me, on the couch, since there is no table in the living room where I could lay my things. I picked my black fine tech pen and played with it in between my fingers. I admit on how weird I liked to play with my pens but hated it whenever it falls or hits things (which always happen I should say). While passing it from my ring finger to my pinky, I observe a small white paper inside the case of my pen that I don’t remember I ever inserted such thing. DJ, it says.

            How did this DJ get inside my pen? I asked myself.

            I ignored it for a second and opened the cap of the pen and wrote couple of equations I remembered involving word problems and such. It was weird though. This pen should not be writing properly after it fell on the floor just awhile ago in my class, but it releases its ink perfectly fine even after writing a few lines.

FLASHBACK

            While Ma’am Juri is discussing some stuff, my pen fell hard on the ground and roll somewhere under the seat in front me. I searched for the stupid pen and tried reaching for it while cursing all the bad words I know in my mind. I already touched my pen but I accidentally pushed it away so I continue searching and finally, I got it!

            “Kin Hyoyeon,” Ma’am Juri called.

            “Here!” I said as I straighten my back after having my pen.

PRESENT

            “I knew it!” I said out loud. “I got the wrong pen. This is DooJoon’s. DJ means DooJoon and he’s also the person infront me during that time.” I closed the cap of the fine tech pen, put it back on my bag and decided to return and get my own pen when we meet.

            Speaking of DooJoon, I still need for Junho’s answers. What's with those two? But how can I ask him if he’s not coming out of his room, it’s been more than five minutes already. So I decided to go and check him out and know the reason for him to take this long.

            But what if he is changing he’s clothes? I blushed with just the thought.

            Omo, Hyoyeon-ah, stop thinking of stupid things. You’re not a ert, right? I calmed myself. And besides, the door is half open he could have go somewhere else for him to change. I approach the door and knocked three times before shoving my head from the side of the doorway.

            “Oh Hyoyeon, you’re here.” Junho was already out of his white uniform and black slack and is now wearing comfortable clothes. No, not to the point that he’s wearing sando and boxers. He’s wearing a white statement shirt and checkered knee length shorts. I think he still looks chic even he’s not trying.

            “Need some help?” I asked. Apparently he’s carrying a small table with his right hand, and 2 thick books and a notebook on his left.

            “No need, I can handle this. You’re a visitor, so you should be comfortable around. Just wait there, I just have to put these out.” He said with pride like a real gentleman. I knew by just the sight that he cannot go out of the room with all those things but as I predicted he still tries. I smiled with the sight. The table is too wide for the doorway, but he kept trying and trying and trying. I giggled on how cute he was doing all the silly ways he could get himself and the table out.

            “You really don’t need my help?” I entered the room without permission. He was quite and staring at me for some time, maybe contemplating. I stared back.

            “O-okay. Can you please help me?”

            “Hmmmm. I will, in one condition.”

            “Huh?! What condition?” He putted down all the things he’s carrying.

            “You have to answer my question after I help you.” This way he can’t excuse himself again for not answering my questions about Doo Joon.

            “I guess one question won’t bring harm. Sure, I’ll answer honestly to whatever you ask.”

            “Pinky promise?” Like a child, I held my pinky. I still believe in these childish ways, as a matter of fact I’m a choding so what do you expect. Junho chuckled at me but still entwined his right pinky with mine.

            “Promise.” He said. With that we made a deal. I turn the table upside down and began disassembling it legs.

            “Ta-da!” I exclaimed with my hands before the disassembled table. I could laugh my heart out again with the make-face he did like the last time at the studio but I controlled it.

            “How—did—you think of that great idea?” He asked. Instead of giving him cocky answers I just smiled my proud smile at him and lift the parts of the tables with me. “Let’s go out of here and study, shall we?” and I walked out of his white and clean room and go near the couch.

            “Why didn’t I think of that? So that’s what Soul State University teaches, huh.” Junho followed me out and help me with re-assembling the table and preparing our things for tutoring.

            “Ma’am Kim Hyoyeon, where are we gonna start?” He started with honorifics and politeness after were done arranging.

            “Student Lee Junho, we will start with my question.” I answered his wittiness

            “Okay, Ma’am. What’s your question?”

            “My question is…What’s with you and Doo Joon?”

            “Is that really your question from the deal?” He stopped the honorifics and became serious.

            “Yes. You two seem to have a past and is awkward with each other. I’m just curious since he told me to be careful in choosing my friends, you might know what he meant. And you’re my friend now too.”

            He looked into my eye, probably thinking if I’m serious in knowing about their past. And I’m totally serious of knowing it, so he started talking again.

            “Okay. I’m gonna tell you, since you’re that eager.”

            “You know, Doo Joon went the same high school with us. We formed a dance group and called it 2PM which we are now. He was really smart like you and has this love for singing and dancing as well. In fact, he was a scholar in our school. But, one day, 3 weeks before our competition in Star Dance, our principal called us to her office. 7 of us were there, except Doo Joon. She told us that the ranking of Doo Joon dropped and she’s thinking it was because of his dancing with us. That means, he will be out of the scholarship if that continues. We were shocked, Hyo. As his friend, as his brothers, we know how hard life was for Doo Joon. He’s the only hope of his family. And without the scholarship, he can’t continue studying.”

            I can see in Junho’s eyes how he loved Doo Joon. They’re nothing like strangers; they’re brothers and best friends.

            “Ms. Han also told us that she already confronted Doo Joon about this,” he continued. “And he said that he’ll stay with us no matter what even if he loses his scholarship. Of course, were touched, but we don’t that to happen. We cannot pull him down just because of a contest. We also understand that Doo Joon is a pride of the school and Ms. Han don’t want to lose him as her student. So we agreed to the proposal of the principal. We confronted Doo Joon. We have to let him go, for his own sake. It was really hard for all of us. We held a meeting with him and began voting if we’ll remove him or not. It was majority, and I’m one of those who voted to remove him even if it hurts. But Doo Joon was hurt more than we are, he said that we betrayed him and don’t love him. Then days before the competition, we started receiving support from the school, they said they’ll provide us vans to go to the studio of the contest and give us food and all. And after that, Doo Joon becomes colder to us; he’s not talking to us anymore. He probably thought that we remove him in return of this favors from the school and we’re all traitor.”

            Junho stopped talking, and bowed his head down. I know he’s still hurting. I touched the top his warm hands to comfort him. “Mianhe, for asking such a stupid question. I should have not asked for your past.”

            “No, it’s okay. I just hope he’s happy now, especially he can study in a prestigious school.” He forced a smile and said, “So teacher Hyoyeon, should we start studying now?”

            “O-kay! Is this your book?” I said in hype mode again, and began flipping pages from his algebra book to find example problems. I start of with asking him what he already know, so that we can save time. Luckily, he already know that basic and we just need to apply those with the questions provided. Just like that, we start our teacher-student relationship.


Again, I'm really sorry for not updating. There so many things that happened this past few months. But ofcourse, you don't want to know the story of my life, rather of Hyo and Junho, right? lol The truth is, I already started this chapter at the end of June but for some reasons, I can't finish it. :|

I'd probably be busy again, since its midterms week. But don't be sad, before this month ends, I'll try posting another chapter. Please, remind me often. Will you? ;)) And on October, is my awaited month since its our SEMESTRAL BREAK, meaning I'll have more time updating yaaaaay! Haha. I'm sorry, I type too much. I just miss you guys! >:D< 

ENJOY READING! :D

And put some comments, I'll totally appreciate it! :)

Shout out to my new subscribers! \:D/ Thank you very much.